Fornite is now earning close to 2 million dollars every day from iPhone users exclusively

ItsMitch
8 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

So, you're saying the iOS community is filled with more whales than the Android community?  That's.....not exactly a good thing.

I forget exactly how long ago it was, but it's been while... But iPhone users were targeted by scammers because they made the assumption that iPhone users had more money. You can but a budget phone with Android... There is no budget iPhone.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

I forget exactly how long ago it was, but it's been while... But iPhone users were targeted by scammers because they made the assumption that iPhone users had more money. You can but a budget phone with Android... There is no budget iPhone.

Unless you buy one of the Chinese ripoffs from the counterfeit Apple store in China. :D 

46 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

its to keep it from being pay to win, so they add cosmetics so people can buy stuff anyway and support the devs. with such a huge player base as fortnite has this isnt that surprising id say, people spend money on skinns because they seem cheap and they are cool and stuff. kinda like buying brand clothing, only much much cheaper

I didn't think of that,good point. I would rather have cosmetic items than lootboxes or microtransactions. I don't totally like the tactic but good as long as they take over PUBG.

15 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Ouch, thats evil, I like it !

Because time and time again its shown that iPhone users spend more money.

It seems like when iPhone users spend $1,000 on a phone every year they usually have more money to throw away on apps. xD

6 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Im sick of this assumption. I see more poor people with an iphone than with android. 

The fact that android gets put in the "poor people" category pisses me the fuck off. 

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Im sick of this assumption. I see more poor people with an iphone than with android. 

The fact that android gets put in the "poor people" category pisses me the fuck off. 

Agreed. I'll see if I can dig up the event.. it was a few years back.

3 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Agreed. I'll see if I can dig up the event.. it was a few years back.

Its always bothered me. And I mentioned a few months ago and I was at the bar and a guy and girl were talking and he pulled out his S7, she replied with "oh you have a poor persons phone" and walked away. Since then its just pissed me off to no end. 

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

Skins, literally just skins, emotes, etc. 

Its amazing how much money these companies can make on just cosmetic stuff within a game.

At least though, cosmetic items don't affect game play.

5 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Its always bothered me. And I mentioned a few months ago and I was at the bar and a guy and girl were talking and he pulled out his S7, she replied with "oh you have a poor persons phone" and walked away. Since then its just pissed me off to no end. 

I say that chap was lucky then.  Why bother with someone who judges base solely on material possession?

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

47 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

So, you're saying the iOS community is filled with more whales than the Android community?  That's.....not exactly a good thing.

It is if you are a game studio....

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Are there ads? Or 2 million just on skins?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Just now, Shreyas1 said:

Are there ads? Or 2 million just on skins?

No advertisements. Just skins

image.png.4fe1a65dafe329e899e5b4890b8b396b.png

I have a tangent rant about how some of the skins in Fortnite do provide you with an advantage.  Some are really shi...the tron looking one with glowing orange makes you visible as fuck from distance...but some things like the chinese dragon parachute make it really hard to shoot you because it has fireworks going off around you.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

And that’s why you release on iOS first if you are a developer studio. 

I'd like to see the numbers on PC.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

But the difference is clothes in real life serve a purpose. People are spending a combined $2 mil on essentially nothing. Its not real, you lose it the moment you stop playing.

I get that people like customizing their character and if you enjoy that thats cool. But to me I just care about gameplay and little how my character looks.

First of all, clothes are consumables. Its not like they are everlasting both in fashion and in wear. Some might say they keep their clothes and wear these samwb clothes for years and years but ultimately its not true. 

Secondly, clothes is the worth of the necessity attached to it but also the brand and what class of clothing it is. No one needs a 50 $ t-shirt but these are commonly bought. 

Third, this 2 million is separated on a very large amount of people. Someone did the amount per person and ended up with an average of 1,5$ per person. If you say that 1 ou of 10 players make a skin purchase for a free game, they made a 15$ purchase for the game which is fairly reasonable for the game. The company did not put the game for free because they thought it was wprth nothing right? 

Also related to the third mention, of course it doesnt apply to everybody. Not everyone purchases skin which is why i made the approximation for 1/10 of users make in game purchases. I never implied that no one could feel no interest in skins, i implied that some might. 

Like in everything, there is a question of balance. Which amount should I pay/invest in this? Ultimately, all I wouldnt to say is that i dont like the attitude of most of the people woth these comments that have the mentality along the line of: People who buy skins are dum-dums. Not saying it is your o

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

And good on them for not selling power too.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

7 minutes ago, Blackie Sheen said:

Ultimately, all I wouldnt to say is that i dont like the attitude of most of the people woth these comments that have the mentality along the line of: People who buy skins are dum-dums

Is it true though?  The only beneficial purpose cosmetics serve, as mentioned by @AnonymousGuy, are to make it slightly more difficult for people to defeat you.  After that, it is just cosmetics that no one is really going to care about other than themselves.  I only hate them because the company can just conjure up a price and say it is worth this despite the fact it is worth pretty much next to nothing because they literally can just be made and store a tiny bit of space on a server somewhere.  Physical things can be expensive to manufacture and the consumer usually gets what they pay for, here, they do not.

5 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

Is it true though?  The only beneficial purpose cosmetics serve, as mentioned by @AnonymousGuy, are to make it slightly more difficult for people to defeat you.  After that, it is just cosmetics that no one is really going to care about other than themselves.  I only hate them because the company can just conjure up a price and say it is worth this despite the fact it is worth pretty much next to nothing because they literally can just be made and store a tiny bit of space on a server somewhere.  Physical things can be expensive to manufacture and the consumer usually gets what they pay for, here, they do not.

It's not entirely true that they're worth nothing.  Really, you're paying for the effort it took to make the models, the artists' salaries and, of course, the overall business model that makes this profitable for Epic.  Part of the problem with F2P games is that you have to initially price items as if you won't have many users... and if you drop prices, you may actually trigger a backlash from customers annoyed  they paid $2 for an item that cost $1 for a latecomer.

31 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

Fiest how are skins made to make you harder to kill when most of them make you easier to spot in most games. 

How is self satisfaction or feeling your character looks good something bad when you dont invest much in it something worthless again?

Also, it doesnt matter what others think of your skins, all that matters is that you think yourself and others might like the look of it. 

Also next time you quote someone, pls include the relevant bits of information in your quote if you shorten the quote. If did not just write this i would have a hard time remembering what you are referring to.in this case, the part you quoted and what you said dont relate directly to each other. (not tryibg to b et a hard ass here, just saying i had a hard time andi was the one who wrote it. Someone who reads what you said and did not read my whole thing  couldnt possibly understand what you are relating too. 

Edit:relating to the price of skins, skins cost something to produce and i prefer them having skins for sale in order to make money rather than in game adds to non game related things or something as putrid as in game adds 

Edited by Blackie Sheen
Adding content

3 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

I still cant understand why people would spend money on something that doesnt affect gameplay at all. I mean $2 mil a day....like...

Some people want a way to support the game they play so that the game can continue being produced or have more content that's the way it should work for free to play i have spent some money on dota 2 which is similar in that there are only cosmetic changes.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

these guys "selling" free shit make more money than almost all companies selling AAA 60$ games. So were does this leaves the piracy issue? i'm confused.

2 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I'd like to see the numbers on PC.

By nature lower, though you can get away with charging more per copy you sell significantly less copies. 

Everyone has a phone, hardly anyone has a desktop PC for gaming. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Hey it's not her fault. She is clearly very dumb. I mean iPhones are a dumb status symbol at this point. Most of the people who are dumb and spend their money on dumb stuff like status symbols own iPhones. Not all iPhone users are materialistic af. But most people who are materialistic have iPhones. 

I'm still trying to understand why these Battle Royale games are so insanely popular

4 hours ago, Blackie Sheen said:

Some might say they keep their clothes and wear these samwb clothes for years and years but ultimately its not true

It's true for me.  I've got clothes that I bought over 10 years ago, and I'm still wearing them regularly.  I don't throw anything out unless it's falling apart.  That's the problem with making broad, generalized statements, ultimately they fall flat.

8 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

It's true for me.  I've got clothes that I bought over 10 years ago, and I'm still wearing them regularly.  I don't throw anything out unless it's falling apart.  That's the problem with making broad, generalized statements, ultimately they fall flat.

I can accept I over generalized here. I said something that is outright just bs. But, clothes after a few years of washing and wear just get worned out and start looking like shit. You must take really take care of them because I stopped growing like 3 years ago, and even my t-shirts from back then either had holes in them or simply outright just looked dull or have fucked up collars.