Windows 10 April Update - Here is everything you need to know - OUT NOW!

GoodBytes

A really great post, as always. I hadn't heard about the audio sources change before now, and I really dig it. 
Also, the SDR brightness on HDR, plus the HDR calibration is going to be nice.

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I've just had it installed tonight and seems very stable so far. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

I dread this update cause i know its going to break something i just know it. Last time it broke my video editing software so that every time i edited a video the video would be brighten for no reason. had to buy Vegas 14 pro that wasn't affected by it.

Win Pro for Workstations also has a new power mode tuat is supposed to be higher performance than their highest option.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I was under the impression it was postponed at the last minute with no fixed release. Has Microsoft announced an actual timeframe yet?

Sigh... More stuff I don't care about or dislike, and barely anything I want.

I guess HEIF support is nice. I just hope this won't take any focus away from AVIF.

9 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Sigh... More stuff I don't care about or dislike, and barely anything I want.

Join the club. At the very least, they haven't taken away anything good.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Yes, better high DPI scaling... Finally! I am one of the rare ones that uses a 27inch 4k display at 200% scaling. I love that crispy high DPI look. Cannot see a pixel. Now this should fix a lot of applications that have poor high DPI scaling. I'm actually looking forward to this update.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

more bloat

more things to disable

more things to try to remove

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

The two Gpu allocation update is very interesting for me.

i run 3 monitors and the extra pixel for the two extra 4k panels do eat into my frames when gaming despite not using them.

maybe I can use my old 760gtx for the other 2 when it comes out?

Grabbed this update tonight as wanted to give a whirl, I have to admit the new privacy controls are a welcome measure, will spend sometime tommorow evening though and have a deeper looksie :)

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

just a reminder to everyone to do this, now, please,

image.png.7d797036c7aae9448838e1fc695759ed.png

before windows:

-changes your hdd from gpt to mbr

-changes your SSD! from gpt to mbr

-moves your boot partition from SSD -> HDD
-unfixable because you cant just MBR to GPT without CLEAN and you can't just make a new one because it's MBR and not GPT on SSD ! need to fucking reinstall

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Uninstall your A/V and security software (beside Windows Defender), and restart your PC, before upgrading. Install them back once the update is complete

I don't think one needs to uninstall his/her preferred AV program just to install the spring creators update. I was able to install the FCU with my preferred AV only that the AV needs to be up to date and that's the only time the FCU installation will proceed so I think it's the same thing with the current one.

Edit: The update is available now https://www.pcauthority.com.au/news/windows-10-spring-creators-update-is-due-to-launch-today-488728

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

With Nearby Share enabled on your PC (Bluetooth required) from the Action Center, you can send via the Share menu a link or file to a PC near you. Simply hit the Share button and pick the PC from the list, and boom that selected PC will get it.

I think this is similar to Apple's AirDrop. Just saying.

Edited by hey_yo_

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

That audio thing looks pretty cool.  Glad to see HomeGroup go away too, we don't need that.  Never understood it.  Renaming Quiet Hours was stupid imo, that name was better and people already knew it.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

next.jpg

8 whole megabytes?  Wow!

Kidding aside, that's still 8 times more than my first computer (Commodore Amiga 2000) had, and nearly 13 times more than my first IBM compatible (AMD 486 DX/2 66MHz), which had a whopping 640 KB of RAM.

I was hoping we'd see the update today, but I can wait a little longer. These new improvements/features are very exciting!

Heh, another update with Creators name. Just kinda reminds me that they're updating many UI and UX things in fragments.

Fluent Design getting updated in chunks, so I guess it will take time until it's complete.

Activity History or Timeline can be handy. 

Windows update reduced downtime is neat. I wonder will they make it one day that restarts are no longer needed at all.

Good to see more work being done as far as DPI scaling and HDR support. 

Settings getting updated though it needs to merge with Control Panel all together and make good use of space and be intuitive more.

Edge is good but it needs to be separated as far as Windows updates so it can get improved more frequently and not so rarely.

Sets will be interesting once that's out later on. Also File Explorer native tabs. But what they also need to do for it is make an actual Dark theme for File Explorer already.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

So to hoping I dont get this update till very late in the year. Because you damn well know its going to be broken as shit, like every other major update for Windows 10. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Apparently a breaking bug has delayed the release of this update. Who knows when it will be rolled out now.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Paused my updates until May. I'll wait for the bugs to be fixed before I update my PC.

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

This looks really good. Lots of fixes and small details that make things easier, I really like it

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

The comments in that yt video is filled with morons. Want to disable every single feature mentioned in this new update. They might as well just throw away every single modern device they have and go back to using a type writer.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

49 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Heh, another update with Creators name. Just kinda reminds me that they're updating many UI and UX th

I’ll wait for Windows 10 Musicians Update with new features including voice recording app with built in auto tune :P

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside