Nvidia Shadowplay records my second monitor?

UsernamePassword

I have 2 Monitors, When I use Nvidia Shadowplay I only records my second monitor, Not the monitor I have set to default in Windows. 

Anyone know a way to fix this? I tried googling a bit but could only find "Make sure your gme is on your default monitor" etc..

On 4/10/2018 at 10:47 AM, TriTexas said:

I have 2 Monitors, When I use Nvidia Shadowplay I only records my second monitor, Not the monitor I have set to default in Windows. 

Anyone know a way to fix this? I tried googling a bit but could only find "Make sure your gme is on your default monitor" etc..

I can't say I've used Shadowplay personally but it would seem to me like there would be a setting for this in the settings for Shadowplay itself. If there isn't then I would try to see that the display you're trying to record is designated in Windows as Display 1. Hope this helps

...Did a quick check. It looks like you may have to verify which is your default display within NVIDIA Control Panel.

On 2018-04-11 at 8:41 PM, Spyder1384 said:

...Did a quick check. It looks like you may have to verify which is your default display within NVIDIA Control Panel.

My default display is my gaming display

38 minutes ago, TriTexas said:

My default display is my gaming display

According to windows display settings? Or NVIDIA Control Panel?

1 hour ago, Spyder1384 said:

According to windows display settings? Or NVIDIA Control Panel?

Both!

Did a bit more looking. When windows is loading is the splash screen on your primary or secondary display? If it's on your secondary you may need to switch which monitor is connected where and adjust your settings accordingly. I found an NVIDIA forum that states Shadowplay is not properly scripted for a multiple monitor setup. If the display being recorded is the one that your windows splash screen shows up on then I would suggest giving a shot to switching your cables around. Hopefully this will solve your issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-04-13 at 12:44 AM, Spyder1384 said:

Did a bit more looking. When windows is loading is the splash screen on your primary or secondary display? If it's on your secondary you may need to switch which monitor is connected where and adjust your settings accordingly. I found an NVIDIA forum that states Shadowplay is not properly scripted for a multiple monitor setup. If the display being recorded is the one that your windows splash screen shows up on then I would suggest giving a shot to switching your cables around. Hopefully this will solve your issue.

The windows boot logo is on my main display 

10 hours ago, TriTexas said:

The windows boot logo is on my main display 

Then my best suggestion at this point would be to try switching which display is connected to which port on your video card and correct your #1 and #2 display setting in windows. Give it a shot after that and hopefully this will at least get it working the way that you'd like.