PROJECT_CRAMPEUS

PROJECT_CRAMPEUS

Welcome to PROJECT_CRAMPEUS (pls help my find a better name xD) this is a tiny build.... at least tiny for what it houses. the dimesions are: 1250mm x 750mm x 500mm... lol just kidding, these are the real ones: 400x200x400

I'll be getting this laser cut and screwed together (how do i make threading for the hardware's screws with a laser cutter? hmm.. anyone?).

I'll be posting all of my laser cutting files over here for improvements/Make Your Own (if this is actually gonna work).

you should be able to view/edit these files if you have anything that can view .dxf/.dwg files, if you just want to view it maybe you can edit it, not sure) you can go here: https://viewer.autodesk.com/

PROJECT_CRAMPEUS_BACKPROJECT_CRAMPEUS_MOTHERBOARD_TRAYPROJECT_CRAMPEUS_RADIATOR_PANEL

this is my 3D model, I made it when i was planning to 3D print it in metal.. then i saw the cost and limitations of it, no thanks.

OLD_3D_MODEL

list of stuff this case is gonna to be able to house:

• 1x 360mm radiator(as long as its not longer than 400mm, you can modify it to fit bigger ones).
  • 1x micro-ATX motherboard.
  • 2x 310mm GPUs with a 10mm of clearance left if your using a 60mm rad + normal 25mm fans.
  • 1x PSU around 180mm long(drawing hasn't been made yet, will update this when it has been made).
  • 1x reservoir with a diameter of 60mm, can be slightly larger, around 70.
  • 3x SATA SSDs(hopefully) + 1 3.5" HDD(also hopefully) on the top, drawing hasn't been made yet.
  • 1x CPU Cooler as tall as 180mm(hopefully, not yet confirmed).
  • 5x 120mm fans (also, hopefully).

and more things i haven't thought of.. yet.

motherboard drawing design in progress.

is there anything I'm missing out on? any problems with my design? if so, feel free to point it out :)

also, as I mentioned before, does anyone know a way to make threading on aluminum holes?

PROJECT_CRAMPEUS_RADIATOR_MOUNT.dxf

PROJECT_CRAMPEUS_BACK.dxf

4 minutes ago, HK1 said:

PROJECT_CRAMPEUS

Welcome to PROJECT_CRAMPEUS (pls help my find a better name xD) this is a tiny build.... at least tiny for what it houses. the dimesions are: 1250mm x 750mm x 500mm... lol just kidding, these are the real ones: 400x200x400

I'll be getting this laser cut and screwed together (how do i make threading for the hardware's screws with a laser cutter? hmm.. anyone?).

I'll be posting all of my laser cutting files over here for improvements/Make Your Own (if this is actually gonna work).

you should be able to view/edit these files if you have anything that can view .dxf/.dwg files, if you just want to view it maybe you can edit it, not sure) you can go here: https://viewer.autodesk.com/

PROJECT_CRAMPEUS_BACKPROJECT_CRAMPEUS_MOTHERBOARD_TRAYPROJECT_CRAMPEUS_RADIATOR_PANEL

this is my 3D model, I made it when i was planning to 3D print it in metal.. then i saw the cost and limitations of it, no thanks.

OLD_3D_MODEL

list of stuff this case is gonna to be able to house:

• 1x 360mm radiator(as long as its not longer than 400mm, you can modify it to fit bigger ones).
  • 1x micro-ATX motherboard.
  • 2x 310mm GPUs with a 10mm of clearance left if your using a 60mm rad + normal 25mm fans.
  • 1x PSU around 180mm long(drawing hasn't been made yet, will update this when it has been made).
  • 1x reservoir with a diameter of 60mm, can be slightly larger, around 70.
  • 3x SATA SSDs(hopefully) + 1 3.5" HDD(also hopefully) on the top, drawing hasn't been made yet.
  • 1x CPU Cooler as tall as 180mm(hopefully, not yet confirmed).
  • 5x 120mm fans (also, hopefully).

and more things i haven't thought of.. yet.

motherboard drawing design in progress.

is there anything I'm missing out on? any problems with my design? if so, feel free to point it out :)

also, as I mentioned before, does anyone know a way to make threading on aluminum holes?

PROJECT_CRAMPEUS_RADIATOR_MOUNT.dxf

PROJECT_CRAMPEUS_BACK.dxf

oh, and i forgot to mention, the back isn't complete either.

11 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

Do you have access to a workshop? Belief me it is fun to work with these old analog tools. Much more fun than using CNC router.

The threading are cut with 3 steps or one tool with which is combining the 3 steps. You don't do them with laser. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tap_and_die

not really, i'll look for one.

thanks for the help :).

UPDATE 4/11/2018: after thinking for really long, i have decided to 3D print this in polycarbonate, so files are going to be changing.'

now i need your help not not make it look super glossy... i want it in matte(some color..) or brushed aluminum.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: sorry for not updating you guys in a WHILE, my autoCAD subscription expired, getting it renewed :)

• 1 month later...

update: i have switched to fusion 360, turns out my autoCAD licence didnt screw up, it was an educational licence so it expired cuz iv'e been using it for 3 years.

i'm going to be travelling soon so i needed a small PC to take with me, this is project crampeus mini :) the big brother will see the light of day after i return from travel, i decided not to custom loop this cuz custom loop.. -not good for travel. the mini is going to be 3d printed on my own personal 3d printer for prototyping, then i'll get it printed in a stronger/better material online. a piece of wood will be under the case (till i get it printed on shapeways or some other 3d printing service) stopping it from falling apart too easily cuz its.. plastic. this is the build log from crampeus mini: 

Screenshot (6).png

CRAMPEUS_MINI_2018-May-28_11-59-10AM-000_CustomizedView29685276084_png.png

page1.png