.net runtime optimization service

Ayeyomyles

So what the title says is running on my taskbar when my computer is on idle. The cpu usage is 11% but my gpu usage is at 100% i ran a few AV programs to see if it is a virus but nothing was detected. I’m not sure if it’s a miner either since it’s making my gpu go full load. Please send help!!

It's a service, you can disable it, won't affect anything.

Once you do that, let us know what the taskman says about things

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

.net runtime optimization is a Windows service which precompiles .net assembly files so that .net program run faster.

It runs only when the PC is idle. Depending on the number of .NET program you installed, or how big they are, and your PC performance, it can take several minutes to complete. 

9 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's a service, you can disable it, won't affect anything.

Once you do that, let us know what the taskman says about things

I have no idea how to disable it. It ran all night last night when I left my computer on to see if it would finish up the optimization it needs. It’s annoying. 

14 minutes ago, Ayeyomyles said:

I have no idea how to disable it. It ran all night last night when I left my computer on to see if it would finish up the optimization it needs. It’s annoying. 

Oh, is it stuck? Did you try restarting your PC (to restart the service) and now let do its thing?

If so, a program you have installed causes problem with the service. You can disable service in the Service panel (Start>type: Services >pick: Services). You should find in there. Double click, pick Disable in the drop down menu, Stop, Apply, and you should be good. 

It wasn’t stuck last night, it kept going and nothing was finished. It’s not on services because it only shows up during idle and once I move my mouse it disappears. 

On 4/9/2018 at 3:36 PM, GoodBytes said:

D'oh! Sorry, .NET Optimization is not a Windows Service.

Try following these instructions:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2013/08/06/wondering-why-mscorsvw-exe-has-high-cpu-usage-you-can-speed-it-up/

Sorry I am away from PC

The thing is I can’t even stop the service cause it goes away when I move the mouse it’s so annoying. I tried resetting my computer and it gets stuck at 30% i tried a bunch of ways to reset it and nothing works. 

Im having the exact same problem, 100% gpu load but as soon as i move my mouse it goes away. When will it finish?

6 minutes ago, dhollands said:

Im having the exact same problem, 100% gpu load but as soon as i move my mouse it goes away. When will it finish?

Leave the computer idle, and set it to not go to sleep (as it can't do anything if the system is sleeping)

Shouldnt it be using the CPU not the GPU? Why would it use the GPU? Ive done multiple malwatre and spyware scans and nothing comes up.