Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
limegorilla

How to backup Programs?? Windows

Posted · Original PosterOP

OK - I want to keep a literal copy of Chrome at this exact moment. Can I just copy all the files, install Chrome on the second PC then replace the files?

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

RIG:

CPU: Intel Core i7 7740X

GPU: MSI Twin FORCE GTX 750 Ti

MOBO: ASUS X299 TUF Mark II

RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury

CASE: Corsair Carbide 500D

PSU: TooQ 750W 80+ Platinum

=== ===================================== ===

=== STORAGE:                              ===

=== 1x 250 GB SanDisk Plus SSD (OS)       ===

=== 1x 1TB Western Digital Black (GAME)   ===

=== 2x 500GB Western Digital Blue (MEDIA) ===

=== ===================================== ===

Peripherals:

MOUSE: Logitech MX Master (OG version)

KEYBOARD: Medion OEM

Rationale behind the i7 7740X;

Basically I had a friend who I had met online selling the aforementioned CPU, and I jumped. He did knock a heavy load off the price and to be fair I am quite happy. Along with the mobo, which I bought new, but on sale on PC Part Picker, I paid about £300 for the motherboard and CPU, which is about £100 off the asking price. Do I regret not going Ryzen? Yes. Am I annoyed that I went for it? Never. Coming from a Pentium, this was like gold.

Planned Upgrades:

GPU: Summer 2019 - Planned upgrade to GTX 1060 6GB / 1070

Storage: Christmas 2018 - Planned upgrade to Samsung 950 M.2 SSD for the boot drive, and a new WD Black 3TB drive to replace current setup.

Case, Displays & Keyboard: Summer 2019 - Planned. No replacement chosen.

You mean the Theme, Extensions, Bookmarks, Browsing History, etc.?

You can log in with your google account and sync those settings and get the "same" Chrome on every device you log into.

i7-8700K @ 5,1 GHz | Asus ROG Maximus X Hero | Gskill G4-3200C16Q 32GB | 2 x Asus GTX 1080 Ti | 2 x Samsung 960 Pro 1 TB (RAID0) | Asus ROG PG278Q, Asus PG348Q | Custom watercooling with EKWB components | Enthoo Primo SE Red