New Headset/Headphone

6 hours ago, Leozyo said:

What do you guys think about the best mic in terms of price/performance; v-mooda boom pro, modmic 5 or anything else?

I've read some reviews but i doubt v mooda is compatible with t50. Also does a cable like that work on an amp or do i need an extender cable from the splitter to my computer? I also wondered if the sound quality will be untouched with a cable like that..

I went with a desk mic when I got my T50s. But I also have the desk space for one. Plus it makes singing like a moron more fun lol. I have never used the V-moda or the mod mic, but I can't imagine the V-moda being very practical with the T50. Best bet for an attached mic would probably be the mod mic. To my knowledge the mod mic will just plug into your mic input on your motherboard. Then stick to your headphone. I could be wrong, though.

CPU  i7 6850k 

GPU: EVA FTW3 3080

Monitor: Dell 2716DGR +  another 1440p ultra sharp.

SSD: 512GB 850 Pro | 970 Pro 500

AMP/DAC:Magni 3 + Modi  2.

Headphones: HD 6XX, Argons, HD 660S and like 9 more

5 hours ago, Slickrr13 said:

I went with a desk mic when I got my T50s. But I also have the desk space for one. Plus it makes singing like a moron more fun lol. I have never used the V-moda or the mod mic, but I can't imagine the V-moda being very practical with the T50. Best bet for an attached mic would probably be the mod mic. To my knowledge the mod mic will just plug into your mic input on your motherboard. Then stick to your headphone. I could be wrong, though.

If i may ask; what kind of desk mic did you get?

4 hours ago, Leozyo said:

If i may ask; what kind of desk mic did you get?

It is a cheap blue snowball. like 50$. It is not the greatest mic, I will get a better one in a few months. I also got a 13$ boom arm from amazon. 

CPU  i7 6850k 

18 minutes ago, Leozyo said:

@Max_Settings @Slickrr13

I just discovered the JDS Labs The Element Headphone Amplifier+DAC. What do you guys think about this one compared to the AUDIO GD R2R?

https://www.jdslabs.com/products/151/the-element/

Element is way overpriced. You are only paying for the form factor. The NFB R2R destroys it.

2 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Element is way overpriced. You are only paying for the form factor. The NFB R2R destroys it.

Thanks, in that case i'll stick with the R2R. So i gues its the best AMP/DAC under €/$ 400,- right? There's one thing i am concerned about though; some people say the R2R clicks/pops between songs. What do you think about that?

2 minutes ago, Leozyo said:

Thanks, in that case i'll stick with the R2R. So i gues its the best AMP/DAC under €/$ 400,- right?

Yes.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Yes.

Sorry, i just edited my last post just before you replied to it :$ Could you read it one more time? Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, Leozyo said:

some people say the R2R clicks/pops between songs. What do you think about that?

If you are refering to Zeos' review, that is because he is using Waspi. If you don't do that, you have nothing to worry about.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

If you are refering to Zeos' review, that is because he is using Waspi. If you don't do that, you have nothing to worry about.

Ahh, yes and on a certain forum topic they were talking about zeos review. In any case, that answered my question. Thanks a lot. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Buying expensive stuff you dont really know a lot about is very stressful. is what im getting from this thread :P 

I saw you were talking about mod mics. Ive got the mod mic 5 and im very happy with it. But the stock extension cables that came with it are crap. They attract so much noise its like they are antennas. So i bought some new ones and no noise at all.

The stock cables are super thin, the ones i got were thick. idk if that has anything to do with it, but its the only visible difference.

Edit: id also like to just add that openback is in my opinion a LOT better than closed back if you are playing often with friends in real life or game with your gf or people in general that are in the same room as you. Being able to hear them while wearing the headphones is something i really like. 

10 hours ago, Leozyo said:

reading reviews while waiting for my new headphones i stumbled macros this forum topic; http://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/audio-gd-r2r-11.5348/

They're writing pretty negative stuff about Audio-GD what do you guys think about this?

I have an AUDIO GD 28.38. It is significantly better than any amp I have used. To be fair I have never heard another amp anywhere near the same price point. I was surprised by the difference it made compared to a Magni 3. Just my 2cents

CPU  i7 6850k 

• 5 weeks later...

@Max_Settings  @Slickrr13

So my T50 MK3 Argons will be ready to ship by the end of the week. However modhouse added another option to his mods which is balanced or single ended.

I asked him about it and got the following reply:

"...I personally feel the only difference in sound would depend on the way balanced is implemented with the amp and what the power output is for the amp.  Because the Jot doesn’t use summers I don’t think it’s going to sound very different between balanced and SE (at least in my experience).  The T50s do like power though.  I haven’t tried that particular comparison myself, so it’s hard to say.  I am offering because we have had a lot of people asking for it – and it is beneficial for weaker balanced amps.  The Jot is pretty powerful in both SE and balanced though.  I would probably get it more for convenience / flexibility than sound quality improvement in general.  It will still work with SE cables and amps..."

I still cant really make my mind on what to do. Are there any downsides to balanced or just another option added? Extra price difference is 35 dollar. I wondered what you guys would do?

For amp i will use jotunheim or audio gd r2r.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

2 hours ago, Leozyo said:

So my T50 MK3 Argons will be ready to ship by the end of the week. However modhouse added another option to his mods which is balanced or single ended.

"...I personally feel the only difference in sound would depend on the way balanced is implemented with the amp and what the power output is for the amp.  Because the Jot doesn’t use summers I don’t think it’s going to sound very different between balanced and SE (at least in my experience).  The T50s do like power though.  I haven’t tried that particular comparison myself, so it’s hard to say.  I am offering because we have had a lot of people asking for it – and it is beneficial for weaker balanced amps.  The Jot is pretty powerful in both SE and balanced though.  I would probably get it more for convenience / flexibility than sound quality improvement in general.  It will still work with SE cables and amps..."

I still cant really make my mind on what to do. Are there any downsides to balanced or just another option added? Extra price difference is 35 dollar. I wondered what you guys would do?

I would get it for $35 just to have the option. But of course you need a balanced Amp to get the benefit. I would advise against the Jot. I would take the Audio-GD NFB-1 over it for around the same price. Then just get a DAC like a Modi 2U or OL DAC until you can afford something more. The NFB-1 is just the NFB28 without the built in DAC.

6 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

I would get it for $35 just to have the option. But of course you need a balanced Amp to get the benefit. I would advise against the Jot. I would take the Audio-GD NFB-1 over it for around the same price. Then just get a DAC like a Modi 2U or OL DAC until you can afford something more. The NFB-1 is just the NFB28 without the built in DAC.

Thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/6/2018 at 6:06 AM, Leozyo said:

Did you get them? How do they sound? I am debating between them, TH-X00 Mahogany, V-Moda M100 and the M1060 for now. Don't know too many headphones that are bass-heavy, have good soundstage but are not V-shaped...

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 10:54 PM, strangerfromisengard said:

Did you get them? How do they sound? I am debating between them, TH-X00 Mahogany, V-Moda M100 and the M1060 for now. Don't know too many headphones that are bass-heavy, have good soundstage but are not V-shaped...

I ended up buying the Jotunheim after all. I prefered the design of it. I am amazed by the headphone+amp never heard anything like it in my life haha. I will never turn back to "gaming headsets"!

19 hours ago, Leozyo said:

I ended up buying the Jotunheim after all. I prefered the design of it. I am amazed by the headphone+amp never heard anything like it in my life haha. I will never turn back to "gaming headsets"!

I was actually asking about the Argons! Looking for some input as to how they compare against the TH-X00. Are they bright? Are the highs sibilant? What pads to get?

4 hours ago, strangerfromisengard said:

I was actually asking about the Argons! Looking for some input as to how they compare against the TH-X00. Are they bright? Are the highs sibilant? What pads to get?

Ah sorry i missed that. I have the Argons, but i dont really have anything to compare it with except my old gaming headset and well you can guess those sucked compared to the argons. I dont think theyre bright, but i dont think theyre really dark aswel. Atleast to me, i think theyre in the middle (leaning more towards dark). Cant tell for sure though, cause as i said, i have nothing to compare them with... As for the pads i would get Lambskin and for the strap deerskin. I also got the balanced option added to the argons. Which is really nice to have!