New Headset/Headphone

9 hours ago, Leozyo said:

So what about amp/dac for this? Would it make a difference at all or be totaly unnecessary?

Appreciate the help guys.

What kind of gaming are you doing? For competitive you don't want X2s.

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

What kind of gaming are you doing? For competitive you don't want X2s.

Competitive (Rainbow Six Siege) and fun gaming, but music is important for me too. I know soundstage + bass is hard to find so i'm trying to find the perfect balance...

Just now, Leozyo said:

Competitive (Rainbow Six Siege) and fun gaming, but music is important for me too. I know soundstage + bass is hard to find so i'm trying to find the perfect balance...

Read through this real quick.

5 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Read through this real quick.

Holy, thats exacly what i thought;  soundstage = hearing footsteps better. (facepalm) So i gues this information changes my view at headphones. I am going to check out the T50's! :)

I still say get the A1000Z for competitive if you have the budget and don't want to mess with the issues of the T50s.

1 minute ago, Leozyo said:

Holy, thats exacly what i thought;  soundstage = hearing footsteps better. (facepalm) So i gues this information changes my view at headphones. I am going to check out the T50's! :)

Yes too much soundstage usually means vagueness because it's a larger area of sound to pick from. If you consolidate it to a smaller area, you can usually have more accuracy. Obviously there are exceptions, but that is generally the case. Now of course just because a headphone had moderate soundstage doesn't mean it has good imaging, imaging is a headphone specific thing.

12 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I still say get the A1000Z for competitive if you have the budget and don't want to mess with the issues of the T50s.

10 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Yes too much soundstage usually means vagueness because it's a larger area of sound to pick from. If you consolidate it to a smaller area, you can usually have more accuracy. Obviously there are exceptions, but that is generally the case. Now of course just because a headphone had moderate soundstage doesn't mean it has good imaging, imaging is a headphone specific thing.

at € 519,- the A1000Z are a bit to much for my budget and considering i need amp/dac and modmic 5 i think i should look at the T50's

What about AMP/DAC what do you think would be a good choice for T50?

29 minutes ago, Leozyo said:

at € 519,- the A1000Z are a bit to much for my budget and considering i need amp/dac and modmic 5 i think i should look at the T50's

What about AMP/DAC what do you think would be a good choice for T50?

I have the T50s. I use the Schiit Stack you mentioned earlier. I would not get anything less powerful than the Magni 3, these headphones need the power.  They are by far my favorite headphones for gaming and are very fun for music. It just can be a hassle to buy the pads and a replacement cable. Keep in mind they will not work with mobile devices at all.  Plan on 215$ since you need new pads and a new cable. 

CPU  i7 6850k 

GPU: EVA FTW3 3080

Monitor: Dell 2716DGR +  another 1440p ultra sharp.

SSD: 512GB 850 Pro | 970 Pro 500

AMP/DAC:Magni 3 + Modi  2.

Headphones: HD 6XX, Argons, HD 660S and like 9 more

14 minutes ago, Slickrr13 said:

I have the T50s. I use the Schiit Stack you mentioned earlier. I would not get anything less powerful than the Magni 3, these headphones need the power.  They are by far my favorite headphones for gaming and are very fun for music. It just can be a hassle to buy the pads and a replacement cable. Keep in mind they will not work with mobile devices at all.  Plan on 215$ since you need new pads and a new cable. 

Schiit Stack will work for T50s fine.

15 minutes ago, Slickrr13 said:

And yes I highly recommend picking up these 3 things for T50s.

https://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC1540-Replacement-Alcantara-Headphones/dp/B00HXAV0UY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1523638286&sr=8-3&keywords=shure+1540+pads&dpID=51F88xaEGAL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYTR7KQ/ref=twister_B015WE8X0M?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.mrspeakers.com/shop/mrspeakers-leather-comfort-strap.html

25 minutes ago, Slickrr13 said:

10 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

8 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Thanks alot both! I am going to look into it as soon as i get home.

6 hours ago, Slickrr13 said:

6 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Sorry to quote you guys again, but the schiit stack is kinda hard to get in The Netherlands, unless i let them ship for another 50 dollars. Before i do that, do you know any comparable amp/dac in terms of pricing and quality?

Also the V-Moda extended cable is not available. Would any cable from https://www.thomann.de/nl/index.html do the job?

On 4/13/2018 at 3:31 PM, Leozyo said:

Sorry to quote you guys again, but the schiit stack is kinda hard to get in The Netherlands, unless i let them ship for another 50 dollars. Before i do that, do you know any comparable amp/dac in terms of pricing and quality?

Also the V-Moda extended cable is not available. Would any cable from https://www.thomann.de/nl/index.html do the job?

For the AMP/DAC suggestion refer to Max about that. I am not great with amps other than the ones I own.

( schiit stack and soon an AudioGD). Technically any 3.5 mm to 3.5mm will work if I am not mistaken. What is nice about the V-Moda is the quality is good for the price, it is lightweight and best of all ( IMO ) one end is at an angle. Making it more user friendly. I'll link a photo for you to look at of my t50s. 

Image (1).png

CPU  i7 6850k 

2 minutes ago, Slickrr13 said:

For the AMP/DAC suggestion refer to Max about that. I am not great with amps other than the ones I own.

( Darkvoice, schiit stack and soon an AudioGD). Technically any 3.5 mm to 3.5mm will work if I am not mistaken. What is nice about the V-Moda is the quality is good for the price, it is lightweight and best of all ( IMO ) one end is at an angle. Making it more user friendly. I'll link a photo for you to look at of my t50s. 

Ahh i see, well i just found a website called https://mayflowerelectronics.com/headphones-overview/ they have modded T50's ready to go (also come with Vmoda cable). What do you and @Max_Settings think about them?

This guy over here reviews them:

1 minute ago, Leozyo said:

Ahh i see, well i just found a website called https://mayflowerelectronics.com/headphones-overview/ they have modded T50's ready to go (also come with Vmoda cable). What do you and @Max_Settings think about them?

This guy over here reviews them:

@Max_Settings actually modded his t50s to be those. He loves them. He will fill you in on the differences.

CPU  i7 6850k 

Thanks alot :) In that case i will wait for his input

2 minutes ago, Leozyo said:

Those also have the pads on them so you do not need to buy any

CPU  i7 6850k 

1 minute ago, Slickrr13 said:

Those also have the pads on them so you do not need to buy any

Yea you're right and since the Exchange Rates (euro -> USA) are in my favor at the moment, it will also cost me less then i thought. I am wondering though; Version 1 or Version 3 (bass model)

5 minutes ago, Leozyo said:

I did my own take on the Mayflower MK3. It's not exactly as that mod because it's DIY and I altered it slightly for my liking. I do love the mod, it greatly improves the sound. However, I've herd the new Argon mod is insane and I've been considering grabbing a set myself. 

http://www.modhouseaudio.com/argon-mk3/

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I did my own take on the Mayflower MK3. It's not exactly as that mod because it's DIY and I altered it slightly for my liking. I do love the mod, it greatly improves the sound. However, I've herd the new Argon mod is insane and I've been considering grabbing a set myself. 

http://www.modhouseaudio.com/argon-mk3/

Wow they look very promising indeed, what pads and strap would you choose with it?

Just now, Leozyo said:

Wow they look very promising indeed, what pads and strap would you choose with it?

ZMF Lambskin and the Deerskin strap

31 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

ZMF Lambskin and the Deerskin strap

What about the imaging, will the mods change this?

2 minutes ago, Leozyo said:

What about the imaging, will the mods change this?

I can't say, haven't heard them.

I just noticed there's a lead time of 5 weeks on the Argons. That's a little bit unfortunate

12 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

I can't say, haven't heard them.

So what about the mayflower (mod) what do you think i'd be better of with. Version 1 or Version 3 (bass model) the bass model has other pads comparted to the version 1. I heard some1 say on youtube the shure 1540 pads make the sound very accurate. I dont know what the V3 pads will do with the imaging and accuracy..  What is your opinion on this?