AMAZON MAY BE CREATING ITS OWN CRYPTO!

Hello, this is my first big news post, so pardon me for not having the best editorial apabilities or English (Im Mexican).

What you read in the title, Amazon may be creating it´s own Crypto Currency, through AWS (Amazon Web Services)

In Jalisco, Mexico, the biggest Latin America Tech Conference takes place, called Talent Land, which also has the biggest Hackathon in the world. It was earlier this weak (April 2-3)

In the Hackathon, teams can tackle one of many issues in the world through technology, and each team wins $50,000 MXN (Pesos), around $2500 USD, and each challenge has a big sponsor, Intel, Nvidia, AWS, Koch, etc. In total there are 18 Challenges, and a prize pool of $900,000 MXN. Nine challenges are for the private sector (i.e. Companies) and the other nine of them for the Public Sector, since the Mexican Government is one of the organizers.

Now that I gave some background, lets cut to the chase:

The challenge is to create in 12 Hours a Crypto for AWS using their support, resources, your team, and your wits. All of this with Blockchain experts who are going to help you. All of this for $2500 USD (Approx). But the juicy part, when you win, you go to a final, most likely world wide, made by Amazon, which means they very may be preparing to create their own crypto.

"The Cryptocurrency of your design will work with the computing power of AWS" Translated from the page.

So yeah, Amazon, a big tech giant, may be creating a crypto, this could change the landscape completely, with the introduction of a more solid, well founded Crypto without previous limitations, made by none other than Amazon.

@LinusTech 

20 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

Hello, this is my first big news post, so pardon me for not having the best editorial apabilities or English (Im Mexican).

What you read in the title, Amazon may be creating it´s own Crypto Currency, through AWS (Amazon Web Services)

In Jalisco, Mexico, the biggest Latin America Tech Conference takes place, called Talent Land, which also has the biggest Hackathon in the world. It was earlier this weak (April 2-3)

Link for the Conference: http://2018.talent-land.mx/ (Page is in Spanish)

In the Hackathon, teams can tackle one of many issues in the world through technology, and each team wins $50,000 MXN (Pesos), around $2500 USD, and each challenge has a big sponsor, Intel, Nvidia, AWS, Koch, etc. In total there are 18 Challenges, and a prize pool of $900,000 MXN. Nine challenges are for the private sector (i.e. Companies) and the other nine of them for the Public Sector, since the Mexican Government is one of the organizers.

Link to the Hackathon Subsection: http://hackathon.talent-network.org/#not-set:all (Page is in Spanish)

Now that I gave some background, lets cut to the chase:

Link to the AWS Crypto Challenge: http://hackathon.talent-network.org/portfolio/criptomoneda-amazon/ (Page is in Spanish)

The challenge is to create in 12 Hours a Crypto for AWS using their support, resources, your team, and your wits. All of this with Blockchain experts who are going to help you. All of this for $2500 USD (Approx). But the juicy part, when you win, you go to a final, most likely world wide, made by Amazon, which means they very may be preparing to create their own crypto.

"The Cryptocurrency of your design will work with the computing power of AWS" Translated from the page.

So yeah, Amazon, a big tech giant, may be creating a crypto, this could change the landscape completely, with the introduction of a more solid, well founded Crypto without previous limitations, made by none other than Amazon.

@LinusTech 

Makes sense. They have to feed the automated factory droids something. High in fiber and high in bits.

BIT late Amazon?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

How does Corey Taylor feel about this?

What does this have to do with Slipknot?

I remember reading about this a few weeks ago... Not here but threw my google feed, I didn't think it was worthy of posting it :P

The article I read was about a survey where something like 50+% of users would or may use it idk... It's in my phones history.

And this is surpising... why, exactly? It's not like Amazon wasn't going to do it eventually - honestly I'm surprised they waited until now

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Please edit your post to conform to Tech News posting guidelines or it will be moved out of Tech News:

I cited sources, direct. And I quoted some of the content of the page, I just translated it. Also, I cited 3 sources.

1 minute ago, DanielMDA said:

I cited sources, direct. And I quoted some of the content of the page, I just translated it. Also, I cited 3 sources.

Your quotes need to be in quote boxes,

Like this. Makes it easier for users to tell what's quoted, and makes the post look more organized overall.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Your quotes need to be in quote boxes,

Sorry, newbie here regarding this.

Sorry, newbie here regarding this.

No worries or pressure, just have it done within the next...ehh..24 hours.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Get in on the ground floor and buy up lots and lots and lots of graphic cards, loads of them!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

No worries or pressure, just have it done within the next...ehh..24 hours.

Hey, how can you creat quote boxes, I cant seem to be able to do that

Hey, how can you creat quote boxes, I cant seem to be able to do that

In the editor, click on the " symbol at the top next to the <>.

@DanielMDA

You're supposed to put the quotes from the sources in the quote boxes not the source links :P.

There's an easy way to do it, highlight the text you already have that needs to go in to a quote box then in the text editor ribbon click the quote tag icon and it'll put the highlighted text in to a quote box. 

Their own blockchain or coin? There is a significant difference between the two.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

The point of Crypto is to be decentralized, therefore censorship resistance and not being able to be shut down or changed by a single entity.

A corporation behind it defeats the whole purpose. Just another shitcoin.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, 2FA said:

Their own blockchain or coin? There is a significant difference between the two.

Their own coin, they weren´t talking about the distinct capabilities of blockchain or apliccations, they were strictly designing coins

2 hours ago, Vode said:

The point of Crypto is to be decentralized, therefore censorship resistance and not being able to be shut down or changed by a single entity.

A corporation behind it defeats the whole purpose. Just another shitcoin.

You misunderstand the technology, it isn't about the coin. It's about the blockchain. And while its strength lies in it being decentralized it doesn't HAVE to be. The technology can and should be used by many groups for as many purposes as possible. banks are already using it to store their ledgers and there are concerns in Africa beginning to use it as a land registry to codify deeds to land that has never been platted or officially demarcated by their governments. And while you would want an open and decentralized blockchain for a currency-centric operation, if you are focused on the blockchain itself dissemination of the blockchain may well be secondary to a more focused goal.

1 hour ago, HalGameGuru said:

You misunderstand the technology, it isn't about the coin. It's about the blockchain. And while its strength lies in it being decentralized it doesn't HAVE to be. The technology can and should be used by many groups for as many purposes as possible. banks are already using it to store their ledgers and there are concerns in Africa beginning to use it as a land registry to codify deeds to land that has never been platted or officially demarcated by their governments. And while you would want an open and decentralized blockchain for a currency-centric operation, if you are focused on the blockchain itself dissemination of the blockchain may well be secondary to a more focused goal.

What would be the purpose of a centralized blockchain?How would it differ from a non blockchain ledger?

Do they have to create a cryptocurrency from scratch or from a template and adjust it to fit the AWS purpose? 12 hours seems quite short for such a task, additionally teams could plan everything ahead of time.

35 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

What would be the purpose of a centralized blockchain?How would it differ from a non blockchain ledger?

For non currency applications it would be quite useful to prevent race conditions between different databases (geographically separated AWS servers) I guess - should two events attempt to alter the same record they could not be in the same block. However this probably would not be the best method.

42 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

For non currency applications it would be quite useful to prevent race conditions between different databases (geographically separated AWS servers) I guess - should two events attempt to alter the same record they could not be in the same block. However this probably would not be the best method.

But does it really need a blockchain for that?

WOOOOO CRYPTO!

giphy.gif

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

16 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

But does it really need a blockchain for that?

It doesn't but apparently the cryptocurrency rise lead to a "BLOCKCHAIN ALL THE THINGS!" craze even where there wasn't a benefit.