Software for Computer

Couple questions:

1. What graphics card software should I get for my MSI R9 390 8G?

2. Where can I get the latest BIOS for my Intel DX58SO motherboard which has an Intel X5650?

3. What software should I get to control my 2 NZXT case fans (came with S340), 2 Corsair AF120 case fans, and MSI R9 390 8G fans?

1. You can get drivers for your R9 390 with Radeon software at https://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/win10-64bit-.radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.3.4-march23.exe.
  2. BIOS updates for the DX58SO are available at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/36888/Intel-Desktop-Board-DX58SO.
  3. SpeedFan will let you do that. You can download it from http://www.almico.com/speedfan452.exe.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

13 minutes ago, tp3208 said:

Couple questions:

1. What graphics card software should I get for my MSI R9 390 8G?

2. Where can I get the latest BIOS for my Intel DX58SO motherboard which has an Intel X5650?

3. What software should I get to control my 2 NZXT case fans (came with S340), 2 Corsair AF120 case fans, and MSI R9 390 8G fans?

(1) Official AMD/ATI drivers from an official site

(2) Intel's website for said board

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

34 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

(1) Official AMD/ATI drivers from an official site

(2) Intel's website for said board

(3) let the mainboards integrated fan controller take care of the case fans.

the R9 390 will handle its own fans - no need to fiddle with anything and no need to have software running in the background. 

15 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

(3) let the mainboards integrated fan controller take care of the case fans.

the R9 390 will handle its own fans - no need to fiddle with anything and no need to have software running in the background. 

3) Except if you want to limit fan speed to like 60%. Then MSI Afterburner and likes are good option.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

3) Except if you want to limit fan speed to like 60%. Then MSI Afterburner and likes are good option.

when fans ramp up, it's usually for a reason. ;) 

mainboards do a pretty good job with their integrated fan controllers in my experience. many newer boards even let you set a custom fan cure so if you don't want the fans to go over 60% you can configute it right there.

then again.... if fans have to run over 60% all day it might be time to overhaul the cooling

2 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

mainboards do a pretty good job with their integrated fan controllers in my experience. many newer boards even let you set a custom fan cure so if you don't want the fans to go over 60% you can configute it right there.

then again.... if fans have to run over 60% all day it might be time to overhaul the cooling

Personal experience has shown that most fans are at their peak performance at 80% and after that they just make noise. My previous GPU had its peak at ~70-75%, but I capped it at 45%. This current is capped at 60% with peak being at 85%.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

My problem is that I'm running an x5650 in an Intel DX58SO motherboard, and it's really old. So I needed some software to control them, except Speedfan doesn't control the NZXT fans (idk why), so I needed some other option. 

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thanks. I'll use MSI Afterburner for the GPU, but hb for the case fans? My NzXT fans won't work with Speedfan... so I need another option.

45 minutes ago, tp3208 said:

Thanks. I'll use MSI Afterburner for the GPU, but hb for the case fans? My NzXT fans won't work with Speedfan... so I need another option.

Its not like fans themselves wouldn't work. Its about mobo. Have you tried setting controller chips to software controlled from Speedfan options and to automatic/default in BIOS? There aren't any other options for case fans. Most mobo manufacturers have their own software.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv