What is the best gimbal to get for $500-$1,500??? 

Ive seen lots of comparisons on gimbals, but they arent compared like computer parts or cameras. Im just after pure stabilization as the #1 selling point. 

The reason being i want to motion track the footage in 3d and i have a rolling shutter... not bad rolling shutter, might switch to global. 

Mainly after stabilized footage for motion tracking.

10 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

What is the best gimbal to get for $500-$1,500??? 

Ive seen lots of comparisons on gimbals, but they arent compared like computer parts or cameras. Im just after pure stabilization as the #1 selling point. 

The reason being i want to motion track the footage in 3d and i have a rolling shutter... not bad rolling shutter, might switch to global. 

Mainly after stabilized footage for motion tracking.

what is the camera you own? if it's a dslr size camera get the Ronin-M or something like a glidecam hd4000

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

7 hours ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

what is the camera you own? if it's a dslr size camera get the Ronin-M or something like a glidecam hd4000

Sony a6300, but im probably upgrading to the A7sII or something similar from sony.

Depending on the lens you use, the MOZA AirCross is a pretty cheap gimbal, but it works extremely well with my a6500 w/ 18-105 f4 lens. It has alot of great features that other older gimbals don't have. The app is really high quality, and the controls work really well. I also like how it uses standard quick release plates so you can quickly move between tripod and gimbal. The markings on the arms are also very handy for quickly resetting balance, and it can auto-calibrate to the camera weight. IT comes with a camera control cable, and camera charge cables are also cheap. And most importantly, there is a spot to mount a MONITOR ARM! So you can actually see what you are doing. 

If the AirCross can handle your camera's weight, I would say it is absolutely the way to go for a gimbal right now. The performance won't be as good as the Zhiyun Crane 2, but honestly that is probably more gimbal than you need. I would say the same for the upcoming DJI Ronin-S, which is expected to outclass every gimbal on the market in every conceivable way. 

Edit: also rolling shutter is pretty easy to take out in post. My a6500 is so prone to rolling shutter even on a gimbal it is a problem, but it usually doesn't distract from the video, and when it does it is easily fixed in post. 

I just need insane stability. Good motion tracking solves rely on it. VID_33040219_162534_507.mp4 

Like that, i drove my truck with a custom stabilzation rig i made out of aluminium in one arm, hanging out the window. Works good, but not good enough and still a hassle.

Have you looked in to Pointer Light? I don't know how good it really is but maybe look in to it? (It's limited edition and I don't know if it's sold out or not)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 12/04/2018 at 8:35 PM, Kamjam21xx said:

No idea what that is.

http://pointer.one/pointer_light.html

But I don't know how good it actually is... So....

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

On 4/13/2018 at 9:06 AM, Thomas - FusionGFX said:

Hey! 

Defenitly wait for the DJI Ronin S, pretty sure this is going to be the best one! 

https://www.dji.com/mobile/ronin-s

Kind regards 

I agree with this. If all you need is rock solid stability over everything else, DJI make the best stabilizers. Moza, Zhiyun, and all the other brands are very very good. But in terms of design, usability, and stability, DJI edges them out in every category so far. 

That being said, I don't think you would be disappointed with options from any of the major brands. Brandon Li (not the linus one, the travel filmaker one) has quite a few gimbal reviews, so you can find a lot of good footage there. 

The problem with side by side comparisons of glidecams is that stability is a hard thing to test. That is why you don't see a lot of side by side comparisons. How can you make random, natural movement to test the gimbals stability and software, while also having it be repeatable across several trials? Side by side stability comparisons are hugely flawed because of massive variance between tests. This is why most reviewers will just give a subjective opinion on stability an reliability. 

Once again though, a shout out to the Moza aircross. The software and hardware are better than the zhiyun gimbals that I tried, and stability was better than their comparable model (the zhiyun crane M).