Dbrand Grip been a disaster

I got one for my OnePlus 3T. The buttons are okay, the plastic thingy for the notification slider ist a bit wobbly and gets stuck every time I pull my phone out of my pockets. Since the OP 3T doesn't have any curved glass I can't comment on that issue. My main complaint is that there is too much space between the chargingport / headphone jack and the bottom of the case. The included matte black skin doesn't fit that well either though I didn't try the red and black dragon skins. Maybe they fit better. 

Other that that I am pretty happy with my grip. It feels very nice and is super grippy.

I have so far had 3 replacements sent to me of the Galaxy Note 8 grip and each of them has failed in the same fashion, the buttons just stopped working on the case. The material they used wore out on the buttons. Also, the d30 on the corners wears away extremely quickly. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, Darkzed1 said:

I have so far had 3 replacements sent to me of the Galaxy Note 8 grip and each of them has failed in the same fashion, the buttons just stopped working on the case. The material they used wore out on the buttons. Also, the d30 on the corners wears away extremely quickly. 

I just stumbled upon this thread after my grip for the Galaxy S8 had the same problem. I can't press the power button anymore, it does nothing with the grip on. I emailed them asking for a replacement. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've just started to feel my power button failing on my grip. Started searching for if anyone else has been having issues and lo and behold an LTT thread. I agree with prior comments, the case is sub par. At first it was amazing but the longevity is a serious issue. I've had mine since March and started to notice significant wear and issues right around mid June. I don't blame LTT for advertising a product I blame dbrand from making a product that seems amazing at first but wears out fast. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the Grip on my Pixel 2 XL for a few months now and its probably the best case I ever used. The "grippiness" is so useful.. for example when leaning the phone on something to watch videos. It just feels very confidence-inspiring. The only downside is that it's not easy to slide the phone in my jeans pockets due to the grip, which can be annoying. Still worth the trade-off for me though.

I also used the Rhinoshield Crashguard for the Pixel 2 XL. It wasn't bad but it was quite slippery, had terrible (hard to press) volume buttons and was extremely difficult to remove (to the point where I was afraid I would damage my phone).

Too bad there don't seem to be more bumper case options for Pixel 2 XL.

• 2 weeks later...

So this is now a review thread of the dBrand Grip™?

I've used it for a couple of months on my iphone X and I'm really very happy with it. Lately it's started to fall apart though and I can see that I'll need a replacement in 2-3 months time. I would place myself on mild-to-moderate on the use-scale and other people should be aware that is still only holds up for about three-quarters of a year. However I don't mind that, and I'd like to see the option to purchase another.

This because the grippiness is suuuper useful on the all glass slippery iphone x but if I had a different phone with less "slides away from me when I try to watch youtube-videos in bed" tendencies I guess it'd be a much better - economically speaking - decision to go with a different case.

Those are my two cents on the grip.

Is anyone else having the problem where the rubber is just wearing away and the volume buttons have just become mushy

• 1 month later...

Still no word from Dbrand on what happened LTT? Would be nice to know if anything ever happened with it as it probably has been about a year since it was supposed to go up for sale on the Dbrand Webstore. 

I'll pile on this.

I regret getting a grip for my pixel2xl.

The portion around the usb-c port has cracked, and fallen off, and now the case doesn't have retention, and keeps slipping off.

It's also NOT GRIPPY like they advertised. the 10$ case I had on before the grip was released had more grip when standing the phone on its side on a table leaning against a glass or something for viewing. a basic silica lined case has more grip and keeps the phone standing up while the dbrand "grip" has the phone keeps sliding down repeatedly.

This product is a disaster. I wish you guys at LTT would be more careful about the products you promote. 

I've never had a phone outlive a case until now. Pathetic.

I definitely regret buying one of these.

I got one for my iPhone 8 Plus, and I have had problems from day one.

Main issues:

• The plastic on the top left corner has recently broken after a few light falls onto carpet, and it only being help together by the rubber bumper on that corner.
  • Because of the way I take my phone out of my pocket, the top left corner has worn down to nothing.
  • The ringer switch basically didn't work and was extremely stiff until the plastic in the top right corner broke. Now the switch consistently turns my ringer on while my phone is in my pocket, and yes, the ringer switch is properly positioned in the case.
  • The case is raised around the rear camera to protect it from getting damaged, because of this, the case does not sit flat on any surface, meaning that only the gripping material near the top and bottom of the case ever make contact with anything.
  • It it not nearly as grippy as was advertised, even when my phone is screen down (where all of the gripping material is actually making contact with the surface).
  • When I try to lean the phone up against anything on it's side, it just slides down and falls on it's back. This happens because there is a dead zone where none of the gripping material makes contact with the surface at any angle beyond 90 degrees.

The Grip may work really well for some phones, but not for the iPhone 8 Plus. It's not that I got a bad case, it's that the design is flawed, and if dbrand gave me a new one for free, I wouldn't use it unless it was completely redesigned.

I don't blame LTT for this, as I haven't heard any horror stories about dbrand products in the past, and I'm guessing that LTT assumed this would turn out as well as the other dbrand products, what does bother me is that we haven't gotten the response that Linus said we would (4 months ago), and that they have continued to take sponsorship's from dbrand without said response.

λf.(λx.f(x x)) (λx.f(x x))

Threadripper 3960X | Asus Zenith II Extreme Alpha | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 | Zotac GTX 1060 | Intel 750 400GB | EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 | CaseLabs STH10

I'm just going to add on to this. I have the Grip case for my iPhone 7 Plus. It has mostly worked well for me, but the buttons tear very easily. The buttons did start to feel better over time (probably their marketing for "shaping" to your hand) but it definitely wears too thin. Also you have to be careful if using something like a Volta charging head when taking the case on or off. dBrand's customer support has been really good to me about my complaints though.

I still don't get it.

What's so good about this case, that a case half the price--the Encased Nova Series case, can't do?  And that comes with a belt clip also!

• 4 months later...

So, with all the CES coverage sponsored by DBrand, I thought about getting a new case for my iPhone 6S+. The case that's on it is over 3 years old, and I paid $8 for it from Amazon, and it's just now finally to fall apart. This all sounds like my $8 case is better than this DBrand. I'm surprised to see them as a sponsor of the CES coverage with crappy reviews like this.

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2018 at 10:43 AM, smig said:

This isn't necessarily a news story, since every crowdsourcing campaing is a mess, but I would like to hear a statement from LTT on Wan show or something since you guys advertised the dbrand grip so much that you got me to buy it aswell.

I even finally joined your forum for this.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dbrand-grip-phone-case/x/3311458#/comments

According to the comments I am definetely not the only one who found the grip case to be sub-par. In my case, I bought the case for the galaxy s8, and the glass screen protector bows like 1cm away from the screen. I tried with a couple of different types of glass protectors, and it cracked all of them. 

Oh, and also I cant use the edge at all with the case. That seems just like poor design too.

I have also read about some people having problems with the phones coming out of the case when dropped so I definitely would not run it without the screen protector.

I haven't read all of the comments obviously, but these seem like pretty major issues for a phone case that cost me 50 usd and I was even one of the earliest people that ordered it.

If there is a more suitable place for this thread, please show me da wae

EDIT:

Also, am I the only one that has had bad experiences with their customer support? I have tried to cancel 1 order, and change a second one but they did neither of the things asked. Just feels like they hide behind the robot roleplay. And also just to be clear, I left a comment to the indiegogo page myself too, I am wonmotlow over there just so one unsatisfied customer doesn't skew your view of the comment section

to be honest, there is not a lot of screen protectors out there that handle a curved glass display. though, i found one brand which is 3d modeled to conform to the curved glass. i'll see if i can post it as a noob or not.

https://www.amazon.com/Tech-Armor-Protector-Ballistic-Case-Friendly/dp/B06Y5X7L4J

• 8 months later...

In the same place as meny others hear The Dbrand Grasip failed ont even 3 months after buying one such a let down of all the markating behind it

extremly dissapointed :(

this thread might be a bit old, but I get like I should say I have had the grip for 5 months on my iPhone XR and as soon as it started getting cold the glue started falling apart and my phone can now easily fall out of the case. Also the skin I bought for my iPhone XR does not fit well at all. I just used the one that covers the back glass instead of the whole phone. The skin is too small and the camera cutout is not quite in the right place. It’s overpriced and I won’t be ordering from them again.

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

On 8/2/2018 at 8:05 AM, peredv said:

So this is now a review thread of the dBrand Grip™?

I've used it for a couple of months on my iphone X and I'm really very happy with it. Lately it's started to fall apart though and I can see that I'll need a replacement in 2-3 months time. I would place myself on mild-to-moderate on the use-scale and other people should be aware that is still only holds up for about three-quarters of a year. However I don't mind that, and I'd like to see the option to purchase another.

This because the grippiness is suuuper useful on the all glass slippery iphone x but if I had a different phone with less "slides away from me when I try to watch youtube-videos in bed" tendencies I guess it'd be a much better - economically speaking - decision to go with a different case.

Those are my two cents on the grip.

Going to have to disagree with you on this, maybe if it was cheaper it would be worth buying another. However, I have never had a phone outlast it’s case, even when using significantly cheaper cases.

Broke 14 Year old + No job + Love for Technology = Bad combo :(

• 2 months later...

Just adding my experiences with the dbrand grip case and Prism screen protector. 

The Prism screen protector has been 'fine' in that it's held up pretty well with the exclusion of a dent and bubble right in the center of it that occurred when it was literally days old. The phone fell 3-4 inches onto the plastic pump of a soap bottle and it put a hole in it as if it was made out of plastic. This is not how tempered glass screen protectors behave in my experience. The phone has taken many other tumbles from much higher and on to much harder surfaces without additional damage so I have to give it a little bit of credit. They also shipped a second screen protector which I'm holding onto until there's enough damage to warrant the hassle of installing it.

After 9 months of use, the rubber bumper is coming off the hard plastic backing in several places. It can be pressed back into place but without adhesive, the slightest amount of force will pull the bumper off the case again.

It took me two attempts at contacting support to get a response. It was over a month before I got an email from an actual person requesting pictures of the case and telling me that they didn't consider this a "normal problem." A quick Google search tells me otherwise and there's a thread on a Reddit filled with users at the grip having similar issues.

I'll update the post once I get a resolution with support. Even with the delay on contacting them, the case is under a year old.

I have the grip on the XR and it's benne fine for me. No issues at all. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

As this thread was resurrected, I will put my 2 cents in with my experience of the dbrand grip. I bought this pretty much at laucnh for my s8+ after approx 4-6 months of use the buttons werent working well and had broken away from the casing on the inside, then at the bottom of the case around the charging port had broken completely. HOWEVER contacting dbrand support went very simple, had a bot anwser first then was asked to send pictures. Did this and got a replacement very fast, however the replacement eventually followed suit and broke as well. I have upgraded phones a few times now and currently pay for insurance on the phone, by doing so I have gone YOLO and run the phone bareback. I believe I will now do this with all my phones as I dont like the bulkiness of a case anymore and if Im paying for insurance then what the heck....