Dbrand Grip been a disaster

This isn't necessarily a news story, since every crowdsourcing campaing is a mess, but I would like to hear a statement from LTT on Wan show or something since you guys advertised the dbrand grip so much that you got me to buy it aswell.

I even finally joined your forum for this.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dbrand-grip-phone-case/x/3311458#/comments

According to the comments I am definetely not the only one who found the grip case to be sub-par. In my case, I bought the case for the galaxy s8, and the glass screen protector bows like 1cm away from the screen. I tried with a couple of different types of glass protectors, and it cracked all of them. 

Oh, and also I cant use the edge at all with the case. That seems just like poor design too.

I have also read about some people having problems with the phones coming out of the case when dropped so I definitely would not run it without the screen protector.

I haven't read all of the comments obviously, but these seem like pretty major issues for a phone case that cost me 50 usd and I was even one of the earliest people that ordered it.

If there is a more suitable place for this thread, please show me da wae

EDIT:

Also, am I the only one that has had bad experiences with their customer support? I have tried to cancel 1 order, and change a second one but they did neither of the things asked. Just feels like they hide behind the robot roleplay. And also just to be clear, I left a comment to the indiegogo page myself too, I am wonmotlow over there just so one unsatisfied customer doesn't skew your view of the comment section

I have the pixel 2 (non xl) case and its perfect.  Tho i have heard some horror stories especially for curved phones.

Yeah to be fair, besides the buttons not feeling too good I probably would be okay with the purchase if it wasn't for the curves. But also I think the comments about it being too loose were for the pixel 2, if I'm not completely mistaken

I have a og Pixel xl and I haven't had any problems with it, and theres been times where it fell defiantly a bit higher than I'd have liked, but the buttons are super clickey (its like cherry mx switches for my phone, lol) and I personally haven't had any issues with it. Would love to hear about the rest of the community to see how large of a problem it might be, just cause most of the time the comments are a bit hard to track since most people use them to report problems/issues and not really give much praise. 

WINDOWS HAS NOT DETECTED A KEYBOARD

PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

Curved screens do not play well with protectors....this has been known for a while and why I dont have one on my S8+. 

Also why is this news? (I get its a review but not the typical that is here) 

The application is the hard part with the curved screen, after that the protectors have been fine. S8 is the only curved phone I have owned. Most of the cases work with the curved screens too. But not being able to use the edge menu thingie and being the worst case to crack screens that I have seen is pretty serious imo.

Also, I thought I made it clear that I don't know where to post this necessarily, and I figured this would be the best place to actually get something from LTT, especially since they might get some other input from dbrand other than "sorry, our robots messed up".  So, this kinda isn't news, but thats what I literally started the post with.

Oh, yea, by the way, my bad, even tho previously I have had bad experiences with their customer support, they did promise to refund this to me. 

Sorry, I mentioned it in my indiegogo comment but forgot to mention here.

Thanks big man

I am experiencing problems with them as well and I cannot get a response.  I received a portion of my order and they will not respond to emails

didnt we used to have a dbrand rep here?

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

On 4/5/2018 at 12:42 PM, LinusTech said:

I have reached out to dbrand for comment. I sincerely hope they can get this resolved. 

Holy crap he actually responded.  You don't usually see that unless it's sarcasm.

Dbrand will have an update for this thread soon. 

Some time needed to dog to the bottom of this though. 

My dbrand grip for my S7 edge just arrived yesterday. The buttons are really hard to press. The volume down button just can't be pressed. This product is bad!

• 2 weeks later...

The 10 business days they promised me to get the refund in have now passed, and I don't see it in my account.

Also its been 11 days for them to "dig to the bottom"

Edited by smig
added stuff, didnt want to spam with another message

Has anyone had any luck with a response from dbrand? I've had similar problems and sent a message through indie gogo but still not heard anything back ?

I complained to them via email, and after 3 days waiting for an answer, they answered me, blaming indiegogo for taking too long processing the refund. 10 minutes after I received the email from dbrand, I got an email from indiegogo telling me how they just started processing it. Sounds pretty suspicious, almost like they were hoping that I forget the thing.

Maybe the next time I am getting skins for my device, I will consider getting them from someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else been able to get anywhere with Dbrand?

I've tried contacting through Indiegogo and their site but still not had a response :(

A rep sure would be nice to weigh in on things

On 5/3/2018 at 10:33 PM, ridgway90 said:

Has anyone else been able to get anywhere with Dbrand?

I've tried contacting through Indiegogo and their site but still not had a response :(

A rep sure would be nice to weigh in on things

I finally did get my money but the way they seem to treat their customers really sucks. I just emailed them through their regular customer service but it took ages for them to even answer

I was going to get a dbrand skin but fuck dbrand

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had multiple experiences with dBrand Support and I can't say I've had similar experiences. Every experience I have had with support and ordering has been a great experience. 

My last support interaction was because I completely messed up the installation of the 3D Camo skin on my Macbook so I called them to see what I could do. For the price of shipping, they sent me a new skin pack for the laptop so I could try again. When I opened the package, it had an extra skin as well, just in case.

My only frustration is I cannot figure out where to order the case for my iPhone X. It's as if it's not available right now or I don't know where to look.

Well I can say this. This case has worked totally fine for my iPhone X. Buttons were stif for a while but break in over time. The case can slip off a bit taking it in and out of my pocket. But that’s due to the grip, gripping on to the inside of my pants pocket. Other than that I wouldn’t want to use any other case because of how minimalist the case is. 

I am having problems even ordering there product at all. I live in the United states and have a different shipping address then my billing address for my debit card. I have tried multiple times to change the billing address on there website when I check out, however it will just not work. When i go to the review page right before it process the order it just says the billing is the same as my shipping even though i have already changed it. I don't understand why this does not work. Do they not want my business?

I’m kinda bummed with mine too. I have the iPhone X case and about 2 weeks after I got it I noticed a deformation around the charging port. I only use wireless charging so it’s never used but the soft material started separating from the hard material and then shortly after the hard material snapped. No drops or anything that should cause that. Also not a fan of how the volume buttons take a lot of force while the power button can be pressed by barely brushing against it which constantly has me accidentally locking my phone. I was so excited for this thing ?