Zuckerberg Fires Back at Cook

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

It means Tim knows the difference between a good decision and a bad one - and certainly more qualified for the job. If it weren't for FaceBook, Zuckerberg could well be working at McDonalds. Tim has worked hard for his wealth and that means a lot more. 

I wouldn't give Tim that much more credit than Zuckerberg.

Degrees have very little do with qualifications.  Yeah they show that a person is capable of doing things at a certain level, but doesn't mean they are going to be better at it.

Bill Gates, did he ever graduate lol?  But he was much more of a visionary than Cook will ever be.

I mean I don't trust apple either but they have a financial incentive to not sell user data, either way I hope facebook dies along with all major social media they are terrible and must burn for their sins.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

I wouldn't give Tim that much more credit than Zuckerberg.

I couldn't give them much credit here anyway as it's just PR for their customers, Tim has been making some bad decisions with products for a while.

Just now, AresKrieger said:

I mean I don't trust apple either but they have a financial incentive to not sell user data, either way I hope facebook dies along with all major social media they are terrible and must burn for their sins.

I agree with ya there, but don't think it will ever happen, masses of the people man, as oblivious as they are to this media and what it does, until they figure that out, social media will be abused.

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

The difference is Tim has tertiary qualifications, while Zuck does not. Tim already was working prior to Apple and had appropriate work experience. 

and the Zuck was studying to become a pychologist. he dropped out of Harvard to work on Facebook, and it clearly worked out for him.

this just means that Zuck made more money with less qualifications than Tim, regardless of education Zuck has the upper hand on personal wealth and personal success than Tim

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

It means Tim knows the difference between a good decision and a bad one - and certainly more qualified for the job. If it weren't for FaceBook, Zuckerberg could well be working at McDonalds. Tim has worked hard for his wealth and that means a lot more. 

It means nothing.  You are assuming tim knows more than Mark because he has a piece of paper.  You are also assuming mark hasn't earnt his money.   I mean it is laughable that you are trying to insinuate tim cook is something more than mark when the facts are so overwhelming against that assumption.   As I said before Tim moved into the position after Steve built the company,  Mark built his company and wealth literally from a university dorm room. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

35 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

What I mean his Tim is much more educated and so his opinion means a lot more. 

More or less education doesn't mean shit, US students have more years and longer hours than many others, but alot of them are still dumb fucks.

6 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

It means Tim knows the difference between a good decision and a bad one - and certainly more qualified for the job.

Mark knows the difference you can see that with all the damage control he has been doing sense this came out, having or lacking morales doesn't mean you know the difference between good and bad, and I doubt that second claim, you have to remember he made that multi billion dollar corporation on his own in a college dorm, Tim worked his way up a corporate ladder 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

3 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

he could learn a lot. Such as sniffing into peoples messages and personal data - and selling them off is not a good idea

Yeah he needs to learn how to exploit foreign workers and pay them penny on the hundreds of dollars they make 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I don't have any overwhelming amounts of like for both companies, but if I had to choose, I'd probably pick Apple. 

There's a reason my Facebook account is locked down to all hell, and yet, I know they're still snooping around in there 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

28 minutes ago, mr moose said:

It means nothing.  You are assuming tim knows more than Mark because he has a piece of paper.  You are also assuming mark hasn't earnt his money.   I mean it is laughable that you are trying to insinuate tim cook is something more than mark when the facts are so overwhelming against that assumption.   As I said before Tim moved into the position after Steve built the company,  Mark built his company and wealth literally from a university dorm room. 

It is a qualification, not a piece of paper. It means Tim is much more dedicated than Mark and he can prove it. Zuckerberg cannot prove that he has knowledge on the same level as Tim. Its all good to say that you can do a job, but thats all there is unless you are qualified. If Mark really wanted to finish his education then he already could have. 

FaceBook and Apple are very different companies with different structures, its much easier to build a company like FaceBook from a dorm room. FaceBook started out as just a simple website (although advanced for a website when it started). Apple manufactures and designs digital devices - not so easy to make in a dorm room. Mark effectively got boosted because of a good concept that was part of a boom in the internet. Essentially the right place at the right time. Tim has much more experience in the business sector and worked his way up. Tim certainly knows how to run a company. 

11 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Its all good to say that you can do a job, but thats all there is unless you are qualified.

That's bullshit. It's the other way round. There are many people who work in the computing industry who haven't got a univeristy qualifiication but are far more knowledgeable then those who have. You also have people who come out of university with a Computer Science degree with top marks but crumble in a real work environment.

It may not be the same in other industry like ones which require Science degrees (Biology, Chimesty, Physics etc...) but in computing, degree != more knowledge/qualified.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

It is a qualification, not a piece of paper. It means Tim is much more dedicated than Mark and he can prove it. Zuckerberg cannot prove that he has knowledge on the same level as Tim. Its all good to say that you can do a job, but thats all there is unless you are qualified. If Mark really wanted to finish his education then he already could have. 

FaceBook and Apple are very different companies with different structures, its much easier to build a company like FaceBook from a dorm room. FaceBook started out as just a simple website (although advanced for a website when it started). Apple manufactures and designs digital devices - not so easy to make in a dorm room. Mark effectively got boosted because of a good concept that was part of a boom in the internet. Essentially the right place at the right time. Tim has much more experience in the business sector and worked his way up. Tim certainly knows how to run a company. 

Dude its a piece of paper that shows you did certain work at a certain level, it means nothing in business other than that.  The only reason it has value is that it shows you have done work at a certain level.  It by itself doesn't not give the inherent abilities to run a global company.  I have a MBA and BS in computers.  I know I can't run Apple like Cook can lol.  What you are saying is I have similar qualifications to Cook?  No where near.  I also went to med school for 2 and half years, does that give me the qualification above Cook?  I'm also 6 classes shy of taking the bar exam.

When I look for people to hire in my group, Producer or Jr. producer, their degree means jack to me, they could have only had 2 years of college for all I care, if they can't manage projects that have budgets over 50 to 75 million bucks they are worthless to me.  A college degree doesn't give that ability, only working on projects that big give that ability.

Do you want to know who started Apple?  Was it Steve Jobs or Wozniak?  Without Wozniak Jobs would have been up shits creek, without Jobs Wozniak would have been up shits creek.  Steve was the business guy (and the man with the plan) Wozniak was the man with it came to tech.

I have yet to see Cook live up to Jobs yet.  I don't think he ever will either. Jobs is another fellow like Bill Gates.  Visionaries.  Very few people are like that, Zuckerberg is a Visionary, he took a simple website as you stated and made it into something huge and most people who use it can't do without now.  Like FB or not its a revolutionary business.  And it has lasted longer than another social media sites, where others failed it succeeded.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Facebook owns Oculus VR, LLC.  They make the Oculus Rift.  So, what are you talking about?

But its under the Oculus brand. Not FaceBook. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Tim has been making some bad decisions with products for a while.

The exact opposite is true. The company has never been in a better position than it is now. Tim Cook is, going by the numbers, Apples best CEO. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

It is a qualification, not a piece of paper. It means Tim is much more dedicated than Mark and he can prove it.

No it doesn't. Not in any sense of reality.   How can you even think that?  Having a degree form a uni simply means you can successfully regurgitate information in a specified format.   Having a degree is no indicator of dedication, the mere suggestion of which is preposterous.

Zuckerberg cannot prove that he has knowledge on the same level as Tim.

And you thinking he doesn't is a mere assumption based on nothing but your desire for tim to be better at something.

Its all good to say that you can do a job, but thats all there is unless you are qualified.

Absolutely not,   not only is that statement wrong in its intent,  but it is a self defeating statement.

If Mark really wanted to finish his education then he already could have. 

So, he decided not to, he didn't need to, there is absolutely no benefit to him wasting his time to get a piece of paper that will have zero impact on his ability to do his job.

FaceBook and Apple are very different companies with different structures, its much easier to build a company like FaceBook from a dorm room. FaceBook started out as just a simple website (although advanced for a website when it started).

Lets see yours then, come back when you are worth $62Bn.

Apple manufactures and designs digital devices - not so easy to make in a dorm room. Mark effectively got boosted because of a good concept that was part of a boom in the internet. Essentially the right place at the right time. Tim has much more experience in the business sector and worked his way up. Tim certainly knows how to run a company. 

Tim got the job after steve already built the company.  Mark started from scratch.  Clearly Tim is in the wrong industry if he works so hard for so little in return by your logic.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's a physical product that his company owns, try again.

Pizza Hut is owned by Yum brands. That does doesn't mean that when I buy from Pizza Hut I give a damn about Yum brands. 

Therefore, I'm not buying Tim's product either.  

No you aren't buying Tim Cooks product, you are buying Apples product just like when you buy an Oculus Rift you are buying Oculus's product, not FaceBooks. 

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

The exact opposite is true. The company has never been in a better position than it is now. Tim Cook is, going by the numbers, Apples best CEO. 

That was laid out by Steve Jobs, tell me any new products that Apple has made (truly new) that Cook as done to reshape Apple?  I can't think of one.  iPhone was the last "greatest" invention by Apple, which was done by Steve Jobs.  If it wasn't for him and understanding that, that product would not have succeeded in the computer space and shifted over to a cell phone where the pricing of it was justifiable, it would never have succeeded.  After the iPhone was successful, the apple app store took over.  That is what helped Apple to grow so big and keep its leadership.  All of its other products are really not that much of its total revenue.  They have 8% maybe 10% of the total PC market, high margin products yeah but when comparing to other computer companies that is still small potatoes.

10 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

tell me any new products that Apple has made (truly new) that Cook as done to reshape Apple?

Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Tim's just jealous he doesn't have his own personal John Carmack.  I'd be jealous too.

I wouldn’t be jealous about Mark and the level of shit he’s in. 

He can buy his way out like Steve did.

Well then he should do and stop sitting around doing nothing. 

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

You can when you're worth more than anyone at Apple.

Apple doesn't need any help right now though.....FB does. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

And, that's why Tim is even more jealous.

So Tim is jealous because Marks company is so irresponsible that Mark now has to dig himself out of a PR nightmare? 

Cool story bro. 

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

So Tim is jealous because Marks company is so irresponsible that Mark now has to dig himself out of a PR nightmare? 

Cool story bro. 

Do you think he needs to dig out of this?  He could literally do nothing and people will still use facebook.  There is no problem as far as mark is concerned. It's playing the corporate game. Smile for the camera's wave at the people.  There is no nightmare here, except maybe for Tim who can't work out how someone half his age is worth 155 times more making a product that requires very little maintenance on the CEO's part,  while he works his arse of day in and day out only to look  not slightly as bad as a narcissist who everyone thinks was an awesome CEO and irreplaceable.   Of course he is jealous. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

At least he pays his taxes.  The amount of tax dodging and copyright trolling makes them, Apple, even more irresponsible.

Oh man if you think any corporation is not using the tax system to its fullest extent to get tax breaks you have a lot to learn about capitalism. xD