PrimoChill Vue still too risky?

Now that I've got the setup mostly complete (waiting on a larger reservoir tube to arrive as well as a mount, but everything is up and running), I've been watching videos of other setups and love how PrimoChill VUE looks, but there are quite a few videos showing that it ended up corroding or breaking down inside the loop, creating clumps and eventually clogging things.

Do you guys know of anything I can do to minimize the risk with this? Right now my loop is all copper parts (EK rads, EK MB monoblock, Bitspower GPU blocks, EK D5 pump/res combo) and EK's soft tubing.

I figured worst case I can flush the loop with distilled water a few times to clean it out, then try VUE for a while and just keep an eye on it - if I notice any change in opacity or anything just immediately flush it out and go back to clear fluid?

What do you guys think?

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

Jayz2cents has talked about this a bit lately. Basically unless you are running all premochil parts your chances of having issues are higher than i would want to risk. 

Don't use it.. thats all I can and will say. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

Don't use it.. thats all I can and will say. 

haha thanks, I literally just finished watching that video. As far as I can tell from his own words, and most of the other 'bad' experiences nobody can really tell what causes it to do that. Some people have been running it for 6+ months with zero problems hence the question.

TBH I don't mind having to tear the loop out and clean parts if it ends up gunking things up, but it seems very strange that probably most people are fine, while still quite a few have that same issue with the particles clumping together and solidifying.

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

1 minute ago, Kalm_Traveler1 said:

haha thanks, I literally just finished watching that video. As far as I can tell from his own words, and most of the other 'bad' experiences nobody can really tell what causes it to do that. Some people have been running it for 6+ months with zero problems hence the question.

TBH I don't mind having to tear the loop out and clean parts if it ends up gunking things up, but it seems very strange that probably most people are fine, while still quite a few have that same issue with the particles clumping together and solidifying.

Well it will be every 4-6 months if needed. Save yourself the headache and time and just go with a normal fluid. This stuff is way to unstable to know how it will react with your loop and components. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I have one in my loop since end of January and it's still going great. There are definitely a lot of drawbacks though, especially extensive prepping requirement which still does not guarantee it will work, recommendation of less than 8 hr per day use time and fear of clogging that you have to live with every day. 

In regards to all the negative reviews floating online, people are more likely to voice their opinions if things are not working as expected. I have talked to many people on the Primochill discord where their Vue is working flawlessly since release which gave me enough courage to put it in my loop. I would say go for it if you are willing to put in the effort to prep the system correctly and have enough money (and patience) to dish out for new components in case a of catastrophic failure. 

Personally though, in a couple of month I will most likely blitz my loop and fill it up with Pastel! Good luck!

Also 

If your loop has already had any other coolant in it, primochill does recommend using sysreboot to flush out the old coolants. If you have used Pastel previously they flat out recommend you not to use vue as pastel is not easy to flush out completely. 

I'd say only go for it if your loop is brand new. This would minimize your risk for sure and also do some google to see if your parts have known compatibility issues with Vue.

Writing all this makes me think, it's a lot of effort for sure. 

its designed to be for show, not for constant usage.  some people get lucky with longterm usage, but you shouldnt count on it. also, if you have any aluminum in your loop, itll fuck it up.

its recommended to change it out every 4-6 months, but they also say it may not actually last that long. and running the system 24/7 will cause it to breakdown and build up in the system even faster.

so you can run it for 6 months as long as your computer is only on for a couple hours per day

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

There's a bunch of people whining over on Reddit. But most people havn't done the much needed preperation to give Vue the best chance for succes. Barely anyone is running Mayhems Blitz, or Primochill sysprep/sysreboot before adding Vue. I often see where they have just flushed the loop with destilled water or flushed out some other liquid with destilled water, and thrown in Vue. A bunch of people using it with alu parts or freakin silver coils.

Not trying to say it's a perfect fluid or anything. But I feel like most of the problems (like when Vue goes wonky within a week) are either stupidity or weird incompatabilites (like in Jays video) And in those cases, Pastel (or similar fluids) WILL also fail, albeit probably not as fast as Vue.. :)

I have seen it work great and go wrong fast.Its very picky and has a long list of steps that have to be taken fully to get it to run good.So read up on the steps and set up before thinking about it.

4 hours ago, Mnpctech said:

I'll stick with distilled water and dye, it's just easier to maintain and I can leave my PC running for however long I desire.

Yeah I may end up going that route in the long run. This rig usually is not running more than 8 hours per day though, and with the seemingly overkill cooling nothing gets very warm so hopefully if i decide to experiment with Vue it will last a few months at least.