alienware aw3418dw gtx 1070

Dripz

After asking the community for some help I went with the alienware aw3418dw, got if for 975.00USD at microcenter. So far I can stream 1080@60 frames and still achieve 100FPS on many titles (Obviously not on ultra). But HIGH / Medium settings. Super skeptical at first about being able to handle all my task with a 1070. It does the job decently. But I think I may upgrade to 1080 soon.

here.jpg

20 minutes ago, Dripz said:

After asking the community for some help I went with the alienware aw3418dw, got if for 975.00USD at microcenter. So far I can stream 1080@60 frames and still achieve 100FPS on many titles (Obviously not on ultra). But HIGH / Medium settings. Super skeptical at first about being able to handle all my task with a 1070. It does the job decently. But I think I may upgrade to 1080 soon.

Glad to hear it's working out :) Always nice to hear back

I bought a monitor with the same resolution and refresh last year.  It pushed me to move from a 980 ti to my 1080 ti.  I still run into games i can not max out.

Congrats on the new monitor. 3440x1440 @ 100Hz is the best gaming experience I have ever had.  Immersive, crisp, and smooth as butter.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

20 hours ago, TahoeDust said:

I bought a monitor with the same resolution and refresh last year.  It pushed me to move from a 980 ti to my 1080 ti.  I still run into games i can not max out.

Congrats on the new monitor. 3440x1440 @ 100Hz is the best gaming experience I have ever had.  Immersive, crisp, and smooth as butter.

If you run games on LOW / Streamer settings is your GPU still 90%?

2 hours ago, Dripz said:

If you run games on LOW / Streamer settings is your GPU still 90%?

Not if gsync is on capping the frames...I don't think.  I honestly never really run games at much less than ultra, even when I stream.  I really never feel much impact from turning the stream on.  Maybe I will do a couple tests on the impact of settings on GPU usage while recording.

Welp, here you go...I didn't start to see a drop in GPU usage until low settings...

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

10 hours ago, TahoeDust said:

Not if gsync is on capping the frames...I don't think.  I honestly never really run games at much less than ultra, even when I stream.  I really never feel much impact from turning the stream on.  Maybe I will do a couple tests on the impact of settings on GPU usage while recording.

Welp, here you go...I didn't start to see a drop in GPU usage until low settings...

Awesome, Thank you very much for the feed back I really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

How well does the 1070 play with this monitor? I have a 1070 right now and I've been trying to figure out if it's enough for 1440p gaming/multi tasking etc. I was considering an sli set up in the future but I feel like I may just go for a single card set up due to the growing lack of support. 

4 minutes ago, coldphyzx said:

How well does the 1070 play with this monitor? I have a 1070 right now and I've been trying to figure out if it's enough for 1440p gaming/multi tasking etc. I was considering an sli set up in the future but I feel like I may just go for a single card set up due to the growing lack of support. 

It largely depends on the game you are playing and the settings. A good way to estimate would be to check the GTX 1070 benchmarks for 2560x1440 and then lower the result by about 25-30% (~4.9 million pixels vs. ~3.7).

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones