New build is up

AngryBeaver

Well I decided to make a new primary gaming rig and pass the old 7700k machind down to the kid/lan pcs.

I grabbed a 8700k and Asus rog from microcenter

Picked up a 1tb intel 900 m.2 and another 512gb "inland" for 89.99

I'll toss in a 4tb HD from my pile at home probably

Grabbed up a corsair 750D air edition.

Purchased 32gb (8x4) ddr4 3200

I had an extra ax1200i laying around that found a new home.

Grabbed one of the 1080ti's with a waterblock out of my old rig (not sure if I want to order another to go back SLI)

Now is where the problem starts. I generally prefer 3/8 x 5/8 tubing. I grabbed up all the compression fittings I could find at microcenter, but came up 3 short. Since I knew I had some half inch tubing at home I just grabbed fittings for it. If I didn't want to do this last minute I could have just ordered fittings and cut the price I paid for these things in half.

I went with a 360 and 280mm Performance rads from Ek (I think). Had an extra d5 mcp655 laying around so grabbed a xspc tank res for it.

That being said everything just got finished an hr or so ago. I ran ibt and heaven for about 40 minutes to get loop up to temp.

So with a modest 4.9 on the 8700k and a decent 175 core and 500 memory on the gpu my temps are very good.

Cpu is maxing 55-62c depending on core.

The gpu though has yet to go past 42c (has me skeptical)

I did delid the 8700k (a necessity these days)

Anyways I'll try to snap some pictures here in a bit. Have to go back to being a husband and daddy now lol.

Hope tonight or tomorrow I can try to push the 8700k to 5.2ghz. I have lots of headroom to work with when it comes to temps.

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Moved to Build Logs.

Pics or it didn't happen.

/s

Lol xD

AMD Ryzen 3950x under a Noctua D15S, 32 Gb G Skill FlareX 3200 DDR4 running at 3200 CL14, Gigabyte Aorus Pro 570 Wifi, Gigabyte 2070 Super hooked to a Dell U2718Q 4k HDR monitor & an Acer 1440p 144hz IPS panel of some kind, an Inland 1 TB M.2 PCIE 4 main drive, a Samsung NVME M.2 250Gb, WD Blue 500Gb  and 1 TB SSDs, Corsair RMX750, Rainbows and butterflies...

4 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Moved to Build Logs.

Pics or it didn't happen.

/s

Don't worry they will be coming shortly. Used up all my free time with the build lol.