AMD GPU might get their own gaming brand under GPP

NumLock21
11 minutes ago, Razor01 said:

GPP is no different than other marketing tactics used in the past.

This is a very odd thing to say when we don't actually know what the GPP actually contains. Sure it might be no different than other tactics in the past. But it might as well not be. You can state things like fact when the details are hidden behind a heavy NDA. 

56 minutes ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

This is a very odd thing to say when we don't actually know what the GPP actually contains. Sure it might be no different than other tactics in the past. But it might as well not be. You can state things like fact when the details are hidden behind a heavy NDA. 

From what we have seen so far, there seems to be nothing illegal to the contract.  Changing brands based on product stacks for exclusivity is a norm in many industries.  So unless Kyle misinterpreted what he read in the contract in his article, which seems to be likely because what he stated in his article sure didn't go with what he read out load in his video interview with PCgamer.  You don't have contradicting things stated in a contract, there is usually very little room if at all any room for interpretation in contracts unless the contract is badly written.

7 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

I plan on never buying an nvidia card, so im not worried about it. 

Theyll get sued, ill get a workstation card 4x faster for the same price from amd.

Not too sure how thinking they are going to get sued for something we have next to no details on changes anything. As I have said on this topic before, if Nvidia have done something that stupid that they are open to legal trouble and sales damaging PR from this (whatever it turns out to be) then I will openly mock them for being stupid. In the meantime  people getting all emotional over something we know little about and in the end doesn't look like it is going to have much effect is pretty childish. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Not too sure how thinking they are going to get sued for something we have next to no details on changes anything. As I have said on this topic before, if Nvidia have done something that stupid that they are open to legal trouble and sales damaging PR from this (whatever it turns out to be) then I will openly mock them for being stupid. In the meantime  people getting all emotional over something we know little about and in the end doesn't look like it is going to have much effect is pretty childish. 

When i was little i loved the nvidia intro in games and stuff, had a prebuilt computer come with an nvidia card.

Got older and never bought nvidia while slowly learning about the stuff they do that i dont like. So i just simply dont buy nvidia at all, and i wont.

Im not emotional about it, i just chose not to support them.

17 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

When i was little i loved the nvidia intro in games and stuff, had a prebuilt computer come with an nvidia card.

Got older and never bought nvidia while slowly learning about the stuff they do that i dont like. So i just simply dont buy nvidia at all, and i wont.

Your personal preferences for hardware and personal stance on companies is fine and dandy, however I fail to see what that has to do with what I said.   If you have no emotional response to this then my post does not involve you and thus quoting me makes no sense.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

54 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Your personal preferences for hardware and personal stance on companies is fine and dandy, however I fail to see what that has to do with what I said.   If you have no emotional response to this then my post does not involve you and thus quoting me makes no sense.  

You were replying to me... lol

1 hour ago, Kamjam21xx said:

What cell phone do you have?  Samsung?  Apple?  Lg? Nokia?  you know they have locked in cell phone companies or vice versa in the past to only sell their devices in certain markets right?

Every company that has the advantage in a marketplace, do things the same way.  If you personally believe you shouldn't buy a company's products because of the way they are doing business.  That is up to you.  But I would like to see if you do the same thing with phones as well lol.

2 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

You were replying to me... lol

Um no, I made a comment, you quoted me"

12 hours ago, Kamjam21xx said:

I plan on never buying an nvidia card, so im not worried about it. 

Theyll get sued, ill get a workstation card 4x faster for the same price from amd.

Here's your post, Please tell me where I quoted you before that.

I wonder how the design of the card, Arez logo, and box art will look like.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

I imagine it will look exactly how AMD want it to. Just change the picture and the name.

3 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

With regard to the hardware I guess on the long term there is a big question mark about things like the cooler designs, and if the partners can reuse those between AMD and Nvidia parts. We will probably be able to tell once the next gen of GPUs rolls out...

Just a new sticker. WOW!

ASUS-AREZ-1000x776.jpg.47c01eb69b98ae3b8a14cb22934ea356.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list