RAM VS BETTER GRAPHICS CARD

Hi Everyone, so I need some help, I am trying to choose between 2 laptop deals, and I don’t know what’s more important between the RAM of a computer and the size of the he graphics card 

I have heard a bit about DDR3 and DDR5 graphics cards, but no matter how many Linus YouTube videos I watch I just land up more confused because of all the tech jargon that makes very little sense to me.

I am no video editor nor do I do anything highly instensive, however I would like a good laptop that can run games like Far Cry etc. Basically I would rather have good ram and graphics even if I don’t need green right now, rather than needing them at a later stage and not having them.

So for best performance, do I go for higher RAM and smaller Graphics card eg 20gig Ram and intel hd graphics 620 or 8 gig Ram and 4 gig GDDR5 graphics card 

attached below are the pictures of the deals

I am losing my mind please help

1F0462C3-7F16-4915-A22C-AFBCC2A55DAE.png

D6CA4EFF-1E69-4A77-851C-5ADAD92C1A50.png

F31270FC-0B17-400F-BDB4-9E3444B3B926.png

GPU is more important

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, dieegoperi said:

Choose GPU over RAM, the reason? You can install more RAM when needed, while it's "not possible" to upgrade GPU in laptops

thanks to this stupid ass trend of soldering everything to the mainboard, it is not possible to upgrade ram on some newer laptops either. 

The first laptop has the best GPU,MX150 is better than the igpu. If you feel that 8GB isn't enough ram you can always add more later.

5 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

thanks to this stupid ass trend of soldering everything to the mainboard, it is not possible to upgrade ram on some newer laptops either. 

Oh yeah you're right, if this is the exact laptop it has 4GB of soldered ram,with a 4GB dimm which can be upgraded to 16GB.

http://laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-ideapad-520-review-a-big-design-and-hardware-overhaul/

13 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Oh yeah you're right, if this is the exact laptop it has 4GB of soldered ram,with a 4GB dimm which can be upgraded to 16GB.

a 4 + 16 setup would suck for dual channel operation ... who the fuck came up with this brilliant idea ?  the damn thing can fit a 2.5" HDD and a DVDRW but "yo, a 2nd ram slot is not allowed because that would make the laptop be too THICC"

congratulations lenovo, you just out-appled apple

if you gonna be an asshole, be the whole asshole and solder everything down.

srsly, fuck this thin & light shit.  

The font size of your title has no influence on the answers you will get.

First of all: Ideapad 320 has mediocre build quality and poor battery life, avoid. Second, choose IPS+Kaby Lake Refresh CPU+MX150. You can upgrade the RAM later purchase. VRAM don't really matter in entry level GPUs (2GB is enough).

Ideapad 520 isn't the best choice out there either due to having DVD drive (which causes smaller battery, affects build quality and produces noise under load). Could you provide some links of online stores in your country so that I can help you to take a look at the choices? But first I have to know what's your budget and what are your requirements.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128