Private Internet Access (Pre-Roll Landing Page)

CPotter

Nord VPN and Windscribe VPN are good. I have no idea about Private Internet Access. Does this VPN have any connection with Facebook data sharing? 

• 1 month later...

So, what I learn from all the comments "Nord vpn" is pretty much great overall and most of us trust it. 

On 10/17/2018 at 11:22 PM, iGx.Itachi said:

So, what I learn from all the comments "Nord vpn" is pretty much great overall and most of us trust it. 

Yes, it is. PIA isn't bad either, though call me tin-foil wearing lunatic if you want, I don't like the US jurisdiction of it. That's why I keep using NordVPN because it is based in Panama. You can try the free 7-day trial if you want here. Another VPN that looks quite good is Mullvad.

so how's tunnelbear these days?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

2 hours ago, RocinantesFlight said:

government agencies if they are allowed by law, can knock on their doors and ask for logs, good if they don't keep any, but if they do...You can call this speculation, but I think we are all using VPNs to remain safe.

by law, hahaha yeah that aint happening

Remain safe from what?

I hope you mean simple copyright infringement

btw the government knows now

• 3 weeks later...

Uhm okay, can someone tell me why LTT switched to PIA, exactly? From what I understood, the biggest point was them being aquired by McAfee, and thus now being under US jurisdiction. At least it feels like that was the big issue they had?

So, they are now partnered with PIA instead, which... is under US jurisdiction. And, if my info is right, has been readily bending over and working with US authorities already. Shutting down german and russian servers, for example - for the russian ones, word is their reasoning doesn't make any sense, either. As in, there's laws that would have compromised privacy when they wouldn't actually have been affected by them, and claiming the servers in russia were easier to spy on by authorities, which does not hold any water as what they described would (and is!) still just as possible and feasible on any VPN server, regardless of its location.

I've had to check out a few VPN providers for work a while ago, so I may not recall all the details but I think that's the gist of it.

It's still cheaper alright, and doesn't prevent torrenting, I think? But the whole jurisdiction thing's just lots of wool, isn't it.

Just asking...!

• 2 months later...

CPotter I signed up for PIA as per the recommendation via Linus Media Group. None of my business applications work on the VPN service. They either can't fix it or won't fix it. The worst part is they won't give me my money back for their worthless service.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Unconquered said:

CPotter I signed up for PIA as per the recommendation via Linus Media Group. None of my business applications work on the VPN service. They either can't fix it or won't fix it. The worst part is they won't give me my money back for their worthless service.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks.

Definitely, can you send me a DM with any information you have from dealing with their support team? We'll get you sorted out asap.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there Guys & Gals.  Anyone else experiencing problems with PIA?  Little by little services are stopping working (Google Play & Amazon are the two biggies I’ve noticed).  Battery drain is immense, I’m talking down to ±1/3 of normal (ie 12 hours as opposed to 24-36+, usage depending).  Also speeds are about 1/10 of what they are without PIA turned on (±20Mbps compared with ±250 ordinarily).  Is it just me?

Biggest issue I have is support from them is pretty useless.  I’m being told all manner of nonsense, basically that they have no clue and I should deal with it.  Best proposed fix from them so far; turn off VPN!  Love it.  Other suggestions include disabling for problem apps (which doesn’t work by the way) and trying different setting (ports etc) until I find something that works.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 10:10 PM, Norwegiantweaker said:

lol i like that the price is the same with or with out the LTT "code".. 

I actually just got a one year pia subscription yesterday. it was 29$ USD without LTT code and 39 with it. Sorry LTT! ill watch your ads and eventually get your 10$ to you that way.

19 hours ago, Northerntide said:

I actually just got a one year pia subscription yesterday. it was 29$ USD without LTT code and 39 with it. Sorry LTT! ill watch your ads and eventually get your 10$ to you that way.

its a absolute joke.. 

i thought LTT did solid research in their stuff. seems like they just got some monetary deal with PIA because lets face it PIA business is going up like hell after the sponsor spot on linus's videos but they aren't actually making us the viewer a deal lol what a joke. 

7 hours ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

its a absolute joke.. 

i thought LTT did solid research in their stuff. seems like they just got some monetary deal with PIA because lets face it PIA business is going up like hell after the sponsor spot on linus's videos but they aren't actually making us the viewer a deal lol what a joke. 

They are PIA associates, they get paid if someone buys through one of their links (same as amazon, they have mentioned it in their videos before and are quite open about it). But its a shame that unlike amazons associate program, the "kickback" to ltt comes at the added cost to the viewer. Although it is disappointing, i feel like this is more of a PIA problem than LTT. Maybe by next year they can work out a better deal with PIA, and i will use their link. 
Edit* After thinking about it more, the 29$ usd price may have been a result of me renewing a past subscription. When i look back using incognito, both options give me 39$ as the price.

Edited by Northerntide