Private Internet Access (Pre-Roll Landing Page)

CPotter

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of going to miss those TunnelBear ad integrations.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

3 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of going to miss those TunnelBear ad integrations.

don't worry the meme is still strong.

MaxthonSnap20180330202455.png.9a219a962bc5b62c6be9f272cb498f08.png

You should have switched earlier, I was looking for a good VPN with PayPal support for somebody last year, but good to know now, didn't know you couldn't torrent with TunnelBear.

RIP Tunnelbear.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Current Rig (Dominator II): 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3133 C15, AMD Ryzen 3 1200 at 4GHz, Coolermaster MasterLiquid Lite 120, ASRock B450M Pro4, AMD R9 280X, 120GB TCSunBow SSD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HSD, Corsair CX750M Grey Label, Windows 10 Pro, 2x CoolerMaster MasterFan Pro 120, Thermaltake Versa H18 Tempered Glass.

Previous Rig (Black Magic): 8GB DDR3 1600, AMD FX6300 OC'd to 4.5GHz, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Asus M5A78L-M PLUS /USB3, GTX 950 SC (former, it blew my PCIe lane so now on mobo graphics which is Radeon HD 3000 Series), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 7200RPM HDD, 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166 HDD (secondary), Corsair CX750M, Windows 8.1 Pro, 2x 120mm Red LED fans, Deepcool SMARTER case

My secondary rig (The Oldie): 4GB DDR2 800, Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz, Stock Dell Cooler, Foxconn 0RY007, AMD Radeon HD 5450, 250GB Samsung Spinpoint 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management. UPDATE: SPECS UPGRADED DUE TO CASEMOD, 8GB DDR2 800, AMD Phenom X4 9650, Zalman CNPS5X Performa, Biostar GF8200C M2+, AMD Radeon HD 7450 GDDR5 edition, Samsung Spinpoint 250GB 7200RPM HDD, Antec HCG 400M 400W Semi Modular PSU, Windows 8.1 Pro, 80mm Cooler Master fan, Dell Inspiron 530 Case modded for better cable management and support for non Dell boards.

Retired/Dead Rigs: The OG (retired) (First ever PC I used at 3 years old back in 2005) Current Specs: 2GB DDR2, Pentium M 770 @ 2.13GHz, 60GB IDE laptop HDD, ZorinOS 12 Ultimate x86. Originally 512mb DDR2, Pentium M 740 @ 1.73GHzm 60GB IDE laptop HDD and single boot XP Pro. The Craptop (dead), 2gb DDR3, Celeron n2840 @ 2.1GHz, 50GB eMMC chip, Windows 10 Pro. Nightrider (dead and cannibalized for Dominator II): Ryzen 3 1200, Gigabyte A320M HD2, 8GB DDR4, XFX Ghost Core Radeon HD 7770, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 (2010), 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair CX750M Green, Deepcool SMARTER, Windows 10 Home.

Question. is there a way I could keep my games off of the VPN? I.E - iRacing and ESO Online.. especially the iRacing, I have sweet pings and very little jitter so I don't want to hose it up.. not to mention I want to be able to stream and not have delay due to VPN.

1 minute ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

Question. is there a way I could keep my games off of the VPN? I.E - iRacing and ESO Online.. especially the iRacing, I have sweet pings and very little jitter so I don't want to hose it up.. not to mention I want to be able to stream and not have delay due to VPN.

Just disable the VPN while you're streaming?

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Yes! This actually makes me happy! Been using PIA for a year now and it works incredible! Although yes I will miss all your Tunnel Bear ads.

7 minutes ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

I've have actually used PIA well playing games, and it has worked. Although I have never it used on purpose well gaming, and when I remember I usually turn it off just in case.

19 minutes ago, The Viking said:

don't worry the meme is still strong.

it says those are from 15 and 19 hours ago

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

What sucks is TunnelBear will continue to get people signing up from watching older LTT videos.

Maybe in the new Ad Spots for PIA, specify that that the Tunnelbear endorsement is no longer. This way if someone sees an older video and a newer video they will know to stay away from Tunnelbear.

I have used PIA for years and recently signed up family members. Later I thought "oh, I should have had them use Tunnelbear", glad I didn't.

Hopefully PIA can keep up with the increase in subscribers. From what I understand they do add harware as needed

9 minutes ago, Underi said:

Just disable the VPN while you're streaming?

Well sometimes I will browse while streaming.. i.e. - there are 8 minutes allotted to qualfiying and if I am not going to qualify then I'll play around on the web.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

it says those are from 15 and 19 hours ago

tell linus to post something on facebook and you'll see how somebody comments about tunnelbear ;)

speaking of posting, have i told you about freshbooks? the easy something something something.

3 minutes ago, The Viking said:

tell linus to post something on facebook and you'll see how somebody comments about tunnelbear ;)

speaking of posting, have i told you about freshbooks? the easy something something something.

Well this is still new news.  You can bet it will fade off eventually.  It will take a while (remember squarespace?) but it will happen (again, look at squarespace lol)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well this is still new news.  You can bet it will fade of eventually.  It will take a while (remember squarespace?) but it will happen (again, look at squarespace lol)

rectanglespace? yeah, they are bad and expensive :|

-8 years weebly user

Just now, The Viking said:

rectanglespace? yeah, they are bad and expensive :|

-8 years weebly user

My point is they used to be the main meme and now I never see it

What is wrong with these low post circlejerking people.

You like PIA? Good.

Just because they switched sponsorship doesn't mean the previous sponsor is bad.

It just meant the sponsorship is ended.

The purpose of ads, is to attract more sales, you worried about people subscribe tunnel bear because they no longer a current advertiser?

Holy shit man... talk about entitlement.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

My point is they used to be the main meme and now I never see it

i know that was the point, was just joking. though, aren't they still sponsors?

Just now, The Viking said:

i know that was the point, was just joking. though, aren't they still sponsors?

I think so but that's the thing, if they don't advertise often and with memeabley good branding, it won't stick forever :P

I am really glad they switched. I have loved having PIA for the past couple of years, it is definitely the best one out there right now!

OK I have an actual question... what are the US vs Canadian pricings?  Is that $2.50 they show in CAD or USD?  This really should be obvious but they don't even say...

18 minutes ago, Blebekblebek said:

Just because they switched sponsorship doesn't mean the previous sponsor is bad.

It just meant the sponsorship is ended.

The purpose of ads, is to attract more sales, you worried about people subscribe tunnel bear because they no longer a current advertiser?

Holy shit man... talk about entitlement.

The problem is the Sponsor became bad, they got in bed with McAFee, that is why they are not a current sponsor.
The "previous sponsor" should be worded as "The Sponsor Previously was great"

3 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

Considering PIA is based in the US and within the "fourteen eyes" ... no thanks!

Are they actually american?  wtf, that was one of the reasons stated for dropping tunnel bear after they were purchased...