Avatar issues on forum when connected to discord

So far Ive only noticed this on my and @Dreamplay Avatars. But they appear to not be loading correctly. The only thing I can think of is i changed my avatar on discord and my accounts are connected, and I think that is true for dreamplay as well, hopefully he can confirm. 

Thanks

Edit: Changed "user icon" to "avatar"

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

I'm guessing you mean profile pictures? I'm a bit confused by user icons. But it'll be better if you upload the picture to a dedicated site other than Discord. 

2 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

I'm guessing you mean profile pictures? I'm a bit confused by user icons. But it'll be better if you upload the picture to a dedicated site other than Discord. 

yes I meant Avatar. And I had uploaded the picture directly to the forums. Afterward I had linked my forum account to discord and it changed my avatar to my discord avatar. And I've since changed my discord avatar.

Not using external links if thats what you are assuming.

2 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

anyone with a discord account linked to the profile (... or is it the other way around) and a working avatar here? is the host of said avatar from LTT or from discord?

OP's avatar seems to be pointing to discord's server, which in turn is throwing a 404

See my above comment to this. It seems after the linking process LTT avatars are statically pulled from discord. So when I changed my avatar there, LTT account doesnt know where to pull it from. 

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

Not using external links if thats what you are assuming.

Are you 100%? When I inspect your avatar it redirects me to media.discordapp.net so it's getting confused where it's going and Discord isn't reliable for long-term avatars, 

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

Are you 100%? When I inspect your avatar it redirects me to media.discordapp.net so it's getting confused where it's going and Discord isn't reliable for long-term avatars, 

As I said, I did not use a url. I uploaded a picture directly some time ago. After linking my LTT account to discord, my LTT avatar changed to my discord one automatically.

Anything that happened was an automatic process from linking the accounts. 

It does work for some people, but it has broken because you linked your discord account. I'll look into it at some point, and see if I can fix it or if I need to report it to Discord.

HTTP/2 203

I've had this avatar for a while but it is true that I've got my discord linked.

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It does work for some people, but it has broken because you linked your discord account. I'll look into it at some point, and see if I can fix it or if I need to report it to Discord.

Maybe its that my original avatar when linking was a gif. And now ive changed it to a png image. 

The link for a gif or png for avatars may be different when linking up accounts. 

32 minutes ago, Dreamplay said:

I've had this avatar for a while but it is true that I've got my discord linked.

Your avatar isn't loading for me. Is it showing up for you?

27 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Maybe its that my original avatar when linking was a gif. And now ive changed it to a png image. 

The link for a gif or png for avatars may be different when linking up accounts. 

Is it your discord picture that you changed?

HTTP/2 203

33 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Yes it was on discord that i made avatar changes. 

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

Your avatar isn't loading for me. Is it showing up for you?

I can't see it myself. What I'm saying is that I've had this picture for a while now. But I don't know if it has ever been good since I haven't really been paying attention to profile pics since I'm generally only here for floatplane. 

This has happened because the task that checks to see whether your picture is up to date didn't run frequently enough, so there's a huge backlog of users' pictures to check. I've increased the frequency of the checks, but it may take a few days for the backlog to clear.

HTTP/2 203