*Leaked* Asrock is making desktop graphic cards after all (confirmed with products links inside!)

Đỗ Đức Huy
1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

LOLWAT. was that sent in to videocardz or IS VIDEOCARDZ LURKING

Don't know.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

24 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

VIDEOCARDZ LURKING

they are 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Please...don't call it "Phantom Gaming". That sounds like some crappy Chinese off brand.

It may not be crappy but it is pretty close to China... and it used to be a secondary brand of ASUS.

Either way I don't think phantom gaming sounds any worse than republic of gamers, msi gaming, aorus or what have you. In all honesty none of these brands have a reason to exist in the first place, they're just marketing blabber - there's nothing about these products that makes them specifically suited for "gaming" compared to other mid/high end graphics cards.

On the positive side it looks like GPP hasn't made another victim for the time being.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

58 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

ha ha ha ha now I can include them as source to comply with the forums rules!

System Spec: H87 mobo from Zotac, I3 4130, 4GB ddr3 1600mhz Cas 11, WD green 2TB all in side of a Cooler Mater Elite 120

They forgot to render the DP and HDMI ports on the 570 :D Not a huge fan of the design tbh.

WIth NVidia's horrible GPP, it's nice to see some jump on the AMD wagon, but honestly, new vendors aren't that important. AMD making a new GPU architecture is much more important.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

It has stupid weird lines and angles all over the place, are they targeting kids?

3 hours ago, Blebekblebek said:

I like the design, simple, no rgb no gimmick design.

3 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

Eh, I like the design, simple and effective.

Are you guys kidding? It is exactly the opposite of simplicity, that and minus the RGB because they can't afford it.

Example of actual simple and minimal designs are older EVGA cards:

04G-P4-2986-KR.png

And blower style:

08G-P4-5180-KR_XL_4.jpg%2008G-P4-5180-KR_XL_4.jpg

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

Hey look no flashy BS RGB but actual good-looking cards.

Now waiting for a Vega version...

Ye ole' train

Looks good, no RGB shite, just an actual card that cares about cooling instead of gimics like RGB 

Isn't it a little late for an RX 500-series GPUs?

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | EVGA RTX 3060 Ti | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

5 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Please...don't call it "Phantom Gaming". That sounds like some crappy Chinese off brand.

EDIT: I'm also surprised they look pretty ugly and boring. I'd think, since it's Asrock, there'd be interesting designs and colors, but no...

If I could pay less $ for an uglier card I would. And does it frankly matter when your GPU is sitting facing down in your case? You can’t even see the shroud that way!

1 hour ago, ApolloFury said:

Are you guys kidding? It is exactly the opposite of simplicity, that and minus the RGB because they can't afford it.

lol Asrock can't afford it? You sure about that? 

6 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

EDIT: I'm also surprised they look pretty ugly and boring. I'd think, since it's Asrock, there'd be interesting designs and colors, but no...

chill, it 's litteraly their first foray in the market.

1 hour ago, ApolloFury said:

Sounds like you need to discover Sapphire's Nitro lineup

14-202-305-V02.jpg

14-202-280-V01.jpg

Vega 56 ansd RX580 respectively. Too bad you'll never own one :( 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah, couldn't they use a serious name, like "Strix", or, I don't know, "Ghost"?

Spoiler

b1051.jpg

Or "Phantom"?

Spoiler

0_gainward_960_GLH_1.jpg

/s

3 hours ago, Sauron said:

On the positive side it looks like GPP hasn't made another victim for the time being.

I'd say it's the opposite: ASRock jumping to the space some of the current AIB partners are going to leave empty.

2 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

Doesn't look all that different to me.

To be fair, none of them do (except for the ones with fans in odd places :P).

That said, it's good to see we can pretty much fill up 2 pages with discussions about looks here at CosmopoLTTan :P 

Cool. Design is kinda meh nothing unseen though. I guess they'll do Vega too eventually?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

14 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I'd say it's the opposite: ASRock jumping to the space some of the current AIB partners are going to leave empty.

Isn't that a good thing?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Cards look ugly and naming scheme is meh at best.

48 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Isn't that a good thing?

I didn't mean the opposite of "good", but the opposite of "GPP making another victim" ;) 

6 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with Phantom Gaming if they made it more obvious the brand is owned by Asrock.

Heck, even "Asrock Gaming" would be better.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

8 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah we don't want GPUs manufactured in some cheap chinese off brand factory! We want them manufactured on likely the exact same fucking factory at a different shift so they're one of the reputable chinese brand factories!

Fine, you win.

EDIT: I did mean GPUs that look like this, though:

https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Graphics-Card-c-487.html

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

16 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Fine, you win.

EDIT: I did mean GPUs that look like this, though:

https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Graphics-Card-c-487.html

Ok in fairness to your point some of those have been hit hard with the ugly stick, but funny enough not even close to the worst I've seen from the Asian market in terms of Fugly GPUs.

Cheers

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd much rather buy a card called the phantom from Asrock than something from ECS called the Gank drone l337...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.