HELP ME!

TechSage
Go to solution Solved by JAKEBAB,

not really thats the benefit of going with a good brand like samsung they have game mode and it basically eliminates input lag its awesome. maybe the search the the settings of the insignia and see if it has a game mode

you saying that gives me peace of mind, when you said you had a ps3 I thought you were the kind of person who just didn't like pc gaming but if its a matter of money then I can understand why you would use a ps3

My brother bought me the PS3, I have been watching Linus since 2011, made so systems online, including peripherals, I want to do so much, but money is holding me back. I hate console, but it's the only thing I can game on, BF3 was one of the games that i was eager to play on PC. I can't have my PC so I'm playing on console, the graphics are shitty as fuck, but it's that or nothing. 

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

then why does my xbox lag on the bigger screen and not on the smaller one. Help plisss

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

in the end the panel just has a slow response time, that's all.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

My brother bought me the PS3, I have been watching Linus since 2011, made so systems online, including peripherals, I want to do so much, but money is holding me back. I hate console, but it's the only thing I can game on, BF3 was one of the games that i was eager to play on PC. I can't have my PC so I'm playing on console, the graphics are shitty as fuck, but it's that or nothing. 

I feel for you, what I did was I sold my console and everything else I owned and worked to get the rest of the money for my build. And even then I forfeited holiday/birthday presents for a year.

Selling your console might be a problem though because of the next gen though. You missed a big window.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

then why does my xbox lag on the bigger screen and not on the smaller one. Help plisss

It's the resolution,  not size. 

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

nope. both are 1080p like yours

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

I feel for you, what I did was I sold my console and everything else I owned and worked to get the rest of the money for my build. And even then I forfeited holiday/birthday presents for a year.

Selling your console might be a problem though because of the next gen though. You missed a big window.

Then you know the struggle of having not having a gaming PC. Jobs here are scarce 

ha, my brother bought me my PS3 to I know the feeling, but when I had the chance I worked my butt off for my dad over the summer (general carpenter) and saved money to build my gaming rig.

nope. both are 1080p like yours

the bigger one lags on mine too :\  if I knew the answer to your question, I wouldn't have made this thread.

ha, my brother bought me my PS3 to I know the feeling, but when I had the chance I worked my butt off for my dad over the summer (general carpenter) and saved money to build my gaming rig.

I've spent 3 summers renovating houses with family, I haven't earned a cent, they just buy me food, which annoys me because I want something that stays longer than 5 hours in my possession 

Is not size or resolution, a tv lags because it's image processing is slower than the other tv.   Game mode turns off all the extra processing a TV does to try and "improve" an image, but that processing take time.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Is not size or resolution, a tv lags because it's image processing is slower than the other tv.   Game mode turns off all the extra processing a TV does to try and "improve" an image, but that processing take time.

oooooooooooooooooooo I see.

the bigger one lags on mine too :\  if I knew the answer to your question, I wouldn't have made this thread.

i also made a thread on a couple of sites and they said that it's the refresh rate which doesnt get capped on your xbox on the bigger screen and i believed them LOL. 

btw i have a pc, i just play the console when a lot of ppl stay at my place :/

i also made a thread on a couple of sites and they said that it's the refresh rate which doesnt get capped on your xbox on the bigger screen and i believed them LOL. 

btw i have a pc, i just play the console when a lot of ppl stay at my place :/

your PC is beast, if I get a job, I'm buying a PC first.

I've spent 3 summers renovating houses with family, I haven't earned a cent, they just buy me food, which annoys me because I want something that stays longer than 5 hours in my possession 

yeah, there have been lots of times I have done jobs for my dad expecting to get paid and not get a cent that can get frustrating really fast. 

your PC is beast, if I get a job, I'm buying a PC first.

i just have low RAM, it's so expensive here :/ 

i just have low RAM, it's so expensive here :/ 

The fire in the Hnyix factory probably made them twice as expensive over there like it did here.

The fire in the Hnyix factory probably made them twice as expensive over there like it did here.

YES that is it and because the new gen intel boards were released.Every one was gonna get that and more RAM with it so they increased the price drastically. It's not going to come down anytime soon :|

Your ps3 can't handle the display of your 50' tv since its 120 hz(kinda high end ) . 50' will have better display and will require more performance from the ps3.

No, the input lag is due to the TV rendering additional frames to whatever content it's receiving. These 120Hz TVs are not the same as desktop 120Hz monitors because of this.

Also, this wouldn't affect the performance of the PS3 in-game in terms of framerate. The PS3 can only output up to native 720p before upscaling.

No, the input lag is due to the TV rendering additional frames to whatever content it's receiving. These 120Hz TVs are not the same as desktop 120Hz monitors because of this.

Also, this wouldn't affect the performance of the PS3 in-game in terms of framerate. The PS3 can only output up to 720p.

Black Ops 2 runs at 1080p :P

One of my friends has an insignia tv and has the exact same problem. Just a crappy brand I guess

My PC specs: 

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @ 1866MHz    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 770 ACX (2-way sli)    Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 (black)    Storage: 128 GB Crucial M4 SSD (boot drive)WD Green 1 TB storage drive    PSU: Corsair RM 850w    Display: BenQ XL2420TE    Cooling: Corsair H100, 5 Noctua NF-F12s    Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate    Mouse: SteelSeries Rival    Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50s  THIS STATEMENT IS YELLOW

Black Ops 2 runs at 1080p :P

"We find the game hitting the same 880x720 figures enjoyed on 360 in places, but this isn't a constant throughout the game. Rather, it appears to be more dynamic than first thought, where several tests of the first level's river scene gives us a reading as low as 832x624. Scaling these resolutions typically produces more pixel crawl on PS3 as a result, and looks a world away from the sharpness what we're seeing on 360, which remains locked at its own resolution."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-face-off

I was talking about native resolutions, not including upscaling (which the majority of PS3/ex-PS3 players seem to not recommend you enable, including myself).

Also, the 50 inch has washed out colors.

Forgot about the second part of your question. :P

Try finding the color calibration settings for your TV, which should be accessible with the remote. If you can take a picture of all the settings, that'd be really helpful.

not really thats the benefit of going with a good brand like samsung they have game mode and it basically eliminates input lag its awesome. maybe the search the the settings of the insignia and see if it has a game mode

I found the game mode and now there is no input lag, it feels great but it's far far from a PC, it will have to do though! Thanks :)