HELP ME!

TechSage
Go to solution Solved by JAKEBAB,

not really thats the benefit of going with a good brand like samsung they have game mode and it basically eliminates input lag its awesome. maybe the search the the settings of the insignia and see if it has a game mode

In my house, we have a 40inch samsung TV: http://reviews.us.samsung.com/7463/LN40B500P3FXZA/ln40b500-nbsp-40-1080p-lcd-hdtv-ln40b500-40-1080p-lcd-hdtv-reviews/reviews.htm

we also have a 50 inch Insignia TV: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-50-class-49-1-2-diag--lcd-1080p-120hz-hdtv/6039067.p?id=1218715371871&skuId=6039067

The 40 inch TV runs everything smooth when I play PS3 games like BF3, Black Ops 2. But the 50 inch has so much input lag that I can't play competitively.The 40inch is upstairs and my parents won't let me bring it down or play in the living room, the 50 inch downstairs. Also, the 50 inch has washed out colors.

Is there anything I can do to make more fluid?

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

not really thats the benefit of going with a good brand like samsung they have game mode and it basically eliminates input lag its awesome. maybe the search the the settings of the insignia and see if it has a game mode

Ha competitive console play!

But seriously what do you expect us to tell you, to pop open the back panel of the and snip the red wire? You should either get a monitor or get a new TV. There might be settings for color but the input lag is not something you can just fix.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Your ps3 can't handle the display of your 50' tv since its 120 hz(kinda high end ) . 50' will have better display and will require more performance from the ps3.

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

Ha competitive console play!

But seriously what do you expect us to tell you, to pop open the back panel of the and snip the red wire? You should either get a monitor or get a new TV. 

I meant online play, I don't have money for a PC, but still, when I press X to jump, there is a noticeable delay

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'll snoop in the settings.

Your ps3 can't handle the display of your 50' tv since its 120 hz(kinda high end ) even if they have the same reso. 50' will have better display and will require more performance from the ps3.

It just caps the refresh rate to 60Hz, most games haven't taken advantage of the 120hz refresh rate

Your ps3 can't handle the display of your 50' tv since its 120 hz(kinda high end ) even if they have the same reso. 50' will have better display and will require more performance from the ps3.

you are so wrong i cant even explain what u just said means nothing its just no. *facepalm*

It just caps the refresh rate to 60Hz, most games haven't taken advantage of the 120hz refresh rate

some brands use up all your ps3 just to get the right display. 

if you're talking about online play then it's the refresh rate that's causing delay :|

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

you are so wrong i cant even explain what u just said means nothing its just no. *facepalm*

a 1440p tv takes more than a 1080p. why would it be wrong? ://

if you're talking about online play then it's the refresh rate that's causing delay :|

120hz shouldn't be the problem here. I believe it's the input lag

The tv probably is probably slow not anything you can do then

Your ps3 can't handle the display of your 50' tv since its 120 hz(kinda high end ) . 50' will have better display and will require more performance from the ps3.

my uncle has his PS3 hooked up to a 60' and there is no delay so your wrong there.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

No, get a pc

Okay, give me money.

lmao omg what are u even talking about *triple facepalm*

There is a 1440p TV?

You can't take what isn't there.

120hz shouldn't be the problem here. I believe it's the input lag

you didn't get my point. Not all tvs cap the refresh rate.

like i have a 46 inch samsung and a 55 inch phillips tv. I can't play properly on it since the refresh rate is not capped :|

i own an xbox 360.

You can't take what isn't there.

sorry just checked the link again. both are 1080p lol.

like i have a 46 inch samsung and a 55 inch phillips tv. I can't play properly on it since the refresh rate is not capped :|

i own an xbox 360.

The PS3 cannot get more 60FPS and in settings it shows 1080p @120hz on the TV

sorry just checked the link again. both are 1080p lol.

you mean you haven't even looked at the spec of the TV's? wow lol

Okay, give me money.

you saying that gives me peace of mind, when you said you had a ps3 I thought you were the kind of person who just didn't like pc gaming but if its a matter of money then I can understand why you would use a ps3

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

you mean you haven't even looked at the spec of the TV's? wow lol

i opened the samsung link twice and thought it was the other 55'. it's quite late here man :P

The PS3 does not output 120fps. The display cannot tell the console what to do so the console is still outputting 30 frames, they are just being shown twice. The display will do whatever the hell it wants but that does not make the PS3 do anything different.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

i own an xbox 360.

yeah I haven't ever seen a 1444p tv in existence and two a refresh rate can't be "uncaped" those panels are built for a specific refresh rate, it's fixed. 

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600