MSI's Facebook representative throws shade at AMD graphics cards [Update]

Skanky Sylveon

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Same thing will happen to them as MSI, ASUS, etc. Except gaming prebuilts are far more lucritive than just GFX cards. They use GTX, then they either run the risk of not getting enough carfs or they sign with GPP.

7 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

Are HP, DELL, Razor, MSI, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, etc supposed to have entirely different product brands/product lines just so consumers whom are buying laptops/prebuilds can even get an option for an AMD GPU?

As for how I understand the GPP, OEM's that are not AIB's remain the same since they can name their prebuilt's however they want.

Vega is decent when it’s available at msrp.

I got Vega 56 for £380 and flashed it to have near Vega 64 performance, I also got a 4K IPS Freesync panel for £350.

Nvidia cannot touch that in terms of value if you are after variable refresh and a card at the same time.

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Haven't seen (sorry if I missed it), but an update on topic:

Damage control. It was blamed on "lone wolf" employee in another news outlet, but they didn't have much else to add.

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/msi-apologizes-for-disparaging-amd-in-favor-of-nvidia-on-facebook/

Thanks.  I have updated my original post.

10 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

So now when you just bluntly but accurately describe the state of Radeon you're "throwing shade"?

Here I have a joke for you all:

Hide contents

image.png.6b7cc0de0084ab3e68f4812ce5424d01.png

Vega is still pretty meh unless Vulkan or DX12 are your thing

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1