Aubinstein

Budget Phone Ideas?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I am looking for a phone for 300$ or under. I have not had a smartphone for over a couple years. I am good with either Android or IOS. Any help is appreciated! I really like the new small bezel smartphones!

19 minutes ago, Aubinstein said:

I am looking for a phone for 300$ or under. I have not had a smartphone for over a couple years. I am good with either Android or IOS. Any help is appreciated!

Xiaomi's phones are really good for their prices.

Just now, Aubinstein said:

any in specific?

Just now, Its Not Important said:

Xiaomi's phones are really good for their prices.

I really like the small bezels on the new phones!

5 minutes ago, Aubinstein said:

A lot of storage space would be nice

I hear the Nokia 2 is fairly decent in the budget range. It comes with 8gb but you can use the savings on a 128gb sd card. Since you're using it for media then it doesn't need to be installed to the system storage. The benefit is that it's getting the Oreo update.

Otherwise you'd go up to something like an Honor 6x + add an sd card. Basically just get a medium phone and then add storage.

14 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

I hear the Nokia 2 is fairly decent in the budget range. It comes with 8gb but you can use the savings on a 128gb sd card. Since you're using it for media then it doesn't need to be installed to the system storage. The benefit is that it's getting the Oreo update.

Otherwise you'd go up to something like an Honor 6x + add an sd card. Basically just get a medium phone and then add storage.

what do you think about a 64 gb iphone 6s vs Honor 7x

17 minutes ago, Aubinstein said:

what do you think about a 64 gb iphone 6s vs Honor 7x

Idk much about IOS. I do know the older iPhones still have the battery issues over time (reduced performance via system updates) and I don't know how big of an issue that is today.

Honor 7x, forgot that one. They're the best price and performance in the midrange so whichever fits your budget you'll be happy with. I have an Honor 8 but no announcement on if we get Oreo or not. 7x may since it's newer. We'll see though.

If you're in the US, Xiamoi phones don't exactly work with the cellular bands. 

You said you've like the small bezels. If you're in the US, I recommend the Huawei Mate SE. 

https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Mate-Factory-Unlocked-5-93/dp/B0791VS3N9

It's only $250. It's completely identical to the US Honor 7X, but it has 64GB of storage and 4GB. 

If you're outside the US, I recommend Xiaomi.

On 3/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, MaxBunny said:

Idk much about IOS. I do know the older iPhones still have the battery issues over time (reduced performance via system updates) and I don't know how big of an issue that is today.

Honor 7x, forgot that one. They're the best price and performance in the midrange so whichever fits your budget you'll be happy with. I have an Honor 8 but no announcement on if we get Oreo or not. 7x may since it's newer. We'll see though.

The 7x already is in beta for Oreo. Although if the OP is going to buy the 7x, I'd recommend the Huawei Mate SE. Has 4 gb of ram instead of 3, and has a few extra features that I currently don't know of for sheer laziness. It costs about 20-30 bucks more. As for the Honor 8, I honestly wouldn't recommend it anymore for the average person, unless you don't care software updates and just want a consistent feel in android.

I've got the T-Mobile Revvl, it's a phone made by Alcatel. It's got a nice screen and an SMT quad core MTK CPU, 2GB of RAM, and 32G onboard storage with an SD card slot.

I actually have three of them but two are for-parts. I have a lot of experience with mobile repair.

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

Take a look at Huawei Mate 10 Lite, or Honor View 10 (this is awesome, too powerful for its price)

But Xiaomi smartphones are awesome too, just look at the new smartphones they have launched and pick the one with a good battery, screen and CPU

On 3/30/2018 at 6:41 PM, dieegoperi said:

Xiaomi smartphones are awesome too,

Awesome is not a synonym for "trash"

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.8GHz | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | 32GB 2133MHz CL7 DDR3 | nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 with Custom BIOS | Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | 3TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD | Corsair CX750M  | Custom 240mm all-in-one liquid cooler | Broadcom NetXTREME 5709c Dual Gigabit NIC | Cougar MX330 mid-tower chassis | Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter

1 hour ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

Oh I'm sorry, didn't have in mind all the facts you gave, I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the phones with the best quality/price on the market since the last 2-3 years

Again, I'm sorry to hear you saying such important things, next time I'll try to read carefully every fact you give to say that something is trash when the OP need some recommendations

Oh, and nice recommendations you have! OP will be glad to read your comment!

1 hour ago, dieegoperi said:

phones with the best quality/price on the market since the last 2-3 years

You mean HTC? Also you don't need to act like a pretentious douche to get your point across.

Moto G5 Plus, Good old reliable Moto. Highly recommend it 

Decommissioned PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, GT 1030, 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, 300W HP PSU, Stock Cooler, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That) 

Main Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500u, Vega 8. 8 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 250 GB NVME PCIE SSD  1 TB HDD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

HP Envy X360 (Ryzen) 

Glorified Chromebook: (POS): Celeron N3060, Intel HD 400, 4 GB 1366 Mhz DDR3L, 32 GB Flash, 11.6' 1366x768 TN 

HP Stream 11 (Late 2016)

Potential Build: FX 6300, GT 1030, 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, MSI 990FXA Mobo, Silverstone 450W SFX PSU, A6 3650 Stock Cooler, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM, 

Its A Hand Me Down Build, Judge Me All You Want 

Im Dying Lol

Redmi note 5 pro. You need to import it if you live in the USA like me. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

10 hours ago, i_got_laid_by_a_dragoness said:

Why? Xiaomi make the best phones you cant buy. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Boost Mobile sells the Motorola Moto E4 for 50 USD, or a bit higher from other companies. It's a great phone if you don't use very hardware-demanding programs, like 3d rendering.

Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.2GHz @ 1.2V  GPUEVGA 750 Ti SC

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: EVGA 450w 80+ Bronze

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: Nvidia Geforce 7300 LE

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: EVGA 550w

Car: 

1992 Toyota Paseo

Engine: 5e-fe Inline 4cyl, 100HP, 93lb/ft

Transmission: 4 Speed Automatic

Body: White, 940kg/2070lbs

I have the LG G6, which is an Android. I got it for just under 500 USD, but it's MSRP is around 650 USD. It's an excellent phone for mobile gaming. When I say it's good, I mean it's GOOD, if you're willing to spend a a few extra dollars.

In my opinion, DO NOT go with iphone. Apple is sneaky with the way they do phones. It's not a secret that they purposely slow down older models to "improve battery life". I'm not entirely sure that this is the truth, but whatever. Android is definitely the way to go. Besides, Android is much more user friendly.

4 hours ago, PareBot said:

I have the LG G6, which is an Android. I got it for just under 500 USD, but it's MSRP is around 650 USD. It's an excellent phone for mobile gaming. When I say it's good, I mean it's GOOD, if you're willing to spend a a few extra dollars.

In my opinion, DO NOT go with iphone. Apple is sneaky with the way they do phones. It's not a secret that they purposely slow down older models to "improve battery life". I'm not entirely sure that this is the truth, but whatever. Android is definitely the way to go. Besides, Android is much more user friendly.

greatly depends on what brand you look at lol.

So for me, I would recommend the Huawei Mate SE. It's a $250-ish phone, has great battery life, dual cameras ( which are pretty nice ), 18:9 aspect ratio, 2160x1080 ips display, 4GB of ram, 64GB of storage ( max upgrade to be 256GB ), very fast fingerprint scanner, and more great things. So that's what I recommend. Hope you found this helpful.