Elon Musk deletes Tesla and SpaceX's Facebook account in response to #DeleteFacebook tweet

ItsMitch

A little bit of news today.

Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has lived up to a tweet on about deleting the FB account of Tesla Motors and SpaceX dealing a pretty hefty blow to FB users interested in SpaceX & Tesla.

Source: Elon Musk & The Verge

I guess Elon wasn't too happy over the Facebook privacy disaster and responded to a tweet of #DeleteFacebook. So far this is the first large business to pull out of Facebook since the incident.

During a tweetstorm, Elon Musk has removed both of his companies’ Facebook pages after being challenged to do so by a few of his followers. The pages of both SpaceX and Tesla are now inactive. Each had around 2.6 million followers.

Musk was answering a flurry of tweets this afternoon when he responded to one from Signal’s Brian Acton, co-founder of the Facebook-owned WhatsApp, that contained the hashtag #deletefacebook. “What’s Facebook?” Musk queried. Afterward, a follower told Musk he should delete SpaceX’s Facebook page if Musk was “the man.” Musk claimed he didn’t even know it existed and then said he would, probably in an attempt to preserve his “the man” status.

Things ballooned from there. After someone showed Musk a screengrab of the SpaceX Facebook page, he noted it was the first time he had seen it and that it would “be gone soon.” Then someone prompted him to delete Tesla’s Facebook page, with Musk responding that it “looks lame anyway.” And just for good measure, it seems that the Facebook page for Tesla-owned Solar City has disappeared as well.

Musk’s massive Facebook troll comes on the heels of a particularly bad week for the social media company. Over the weekend, it was revealed that Cambridge Analytica, a consulting firm that worked on President Trump’s election campaign, had improperly acquired data from 50 million Facebook users. The backlash has continued since then, with Facebook users showing concern over the disregard for their privacy and government officials demanding answers.

Here are the tweets that caused the carnage. 

While this MAY be a troll by Elon, it couldn't have come at a better time and it's going to leave a sting on Facebook. He was questioned over if Instagram would be deleted but he said it was "borderline, FB influence slowly creeping in". Either way, Elon Musk is the top troll and the master of disruption. As of the time of posting this, the FB account for SpaceX and TESLA remains down. FB stocks still continue to fall with no current rebuttal from Facebook. A Tesla spokesperson has yet to respond to comment. 

FB SpaceX: https://www.facebook.com/SpaceX

FB Tesla: https://www.facebook.com/Tesla

I'll update this if they do return.

That's awesome. Elon for global domination.. he gets my vote.

I wonder if he's got the influence to get others to follow? What about social population? I don't think his social power is even close to a Kardashian, so will this make a difference?

Also, any idea on followers? Might be a change on social platforms? Increase followers on Twitter or something?

Could this be the moment that Google+ was always waiting for???  Personally, I'm mainly using Facebook to post photos so the rest of my friends and family know I'm alive.

Elon for president of the world please.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Just now, WMGroomAK said:

Could this be the moment that Google+ was always waiting for???  Personally, I'm mainly using Facebook to post photos so the rest of my friends and family know I'm alive.

I only use facebook for messanger, because some old people can't get themselves discord, but even then facebook fcking blocks some links for no reason, so facebook has gotten ultra cancerus. Also if you want anyone to see your posts you have to pay, which is almost as pay to win as Starwars Battlefront 2.

Elon Musk is awesome. I didn't even know about him until a few months ago but so far I am a big fan. What a boss

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

12 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Elon for president of the world please.

IMO, would prefer Elon for President other than the "MAGA" man. :ph34r:

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

God damn I badly want to be "that guy" like Elon.  I want to know how that conversation went down "delete the fucking thing" "ok" [takes 3 hours to find who the fuck has the login for the thing]

What's funny is we might end up going back to the days of individual websites having blogs, along the lines of what Puget does.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I still think this is irony at it's finest. Deletes a social media account due to a data collection problem... because of a trend on another social media which publicly states it is collecting your data. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

This whole thing makes me wish I had a Facebook account, just so I could delete it.  I'd rather eat my left foot than partake of the cancer that is social media.

Actually, I just remembered that I do have one.  Unfortunately, it got shut down because they wanted me to prove that my name was really Justa Guest, and they wouldn't accept a picture of a cat as evidence. :/

Watching facebook die a slow painful death

7-10.jpg

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Elon 2020, woot woot!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

20 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Watching facebook die a slow painful death

My own personal response to Facebook dying:

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

About time that trash of a site dies.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

12 minutes ago, Kamina said:

About time that trash of a site dies.

Explain?

Lappy: i7 8750H | GTX 1060 Max Q | 16Gb 2666Mhz RAM | 256Gb SSD | 1TB HDD | 1080p IPS panel @60Hz | Dell G5

jeezz... It took me forever to get into facebook and now people want to delete it wtf xD

smokescreen.thumb.png.79c04140782cd4b5e10e9c9415993c75.png

I'm waiting, Musk. Common. You know insta is owned by facebook, right? it's dumb to delete your facebook if you still have an instagram account. I'll be waiting... :)

Meh. Seems like a token action to me: he knows he is fairly culturally significant now and doesn't needs to rely on social media, particularly not a social media site that's on decline on the US which is his base of operations and core market.

-------

Current Rig

-------

tbh I only use FaceBook for communication and the odd read, all the clickbaity links and bullsit is a bit old now. 

22 hours ago, SpencerC said:

Explain?

Bad algorithms that puts you in a social bubble.

The people on there are rude and act bigoted (both the left and right) and Facebook does nothing about it.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx