Logan's Audio vid.

AraSarkisyan

...and we're supposed to gather what from this "data"?

Nothing.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

...and we're supposed to gather what from this "data"?

Well, one thing that surprised me was that right mark result.  It is literally only 0.7dB from the realtek spec for that chip.   Which strengthens what I said in that other thread that got locked about comparing the specs on DAC/DSP chips directly from the manufacturer and not trusting dodgy/old review sites to tell you what is best.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Well, one thing that surprised me was that right mark result.  It is literally only 0.7dB from the realtek spec for that chip.   Which strengthens what I said in that other thread that got locked about comparing the specs on DAC/DSP chips directly from the manufacturer and not trusting dodgy/old review sites to tell you what is best.

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/rightmark-audio-analyzer-rmaa.html

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Settings where exactly the same.

Did you adjust the volume? The amp in the sound card will increase the volume, which may confuse the listener. (ie louder isn't always better, otherwise I'd set volume to 100% all the time)

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Alright. RN it's 2:06 AM but you bet your ass you'll receive a picture in your inbox tomorrow.

So where are they? 

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

Did you adjust the volume? The amp in the sound card will increase the volume, which may confuse the listener. (ie louder isn't always better, otherwise I'd set volume to 100% all the time)

Need an SPL meter to get the volumes the same for a proper blind test. 

I'm sure my xonar dsx is better than the dell onboard audio I had or the garbage VIA chip with bsod-inducing drivers I have now, but I sure wish I knew about the E-10 when I bought it.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

I'm sure my xonar dsx is better than the dell onboard audio I had or the garbage VIA chip with bsod-inducing drivers I have now, but I sure wish I knew about the E-10 when I bought it.

Not the same example. OP is crying about how his sound card will give you better audio than current motherboards that come with high end realtek chips. I have a PC from 2005 or 2006 and I'm pretty sure a potato has a better audio solution than it, but with today's technology sound cards are a waste of money.

I gave up at guitar before I started, my fingers just dont move that way and its too much to remember :P

nononono never give up i was in your position 5 years ago but i promise if your keep practicing youll be amazing. Source: personal experience. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

So where are they? 

in your inbox....

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

in your inbox....

Might aswell just post them on this thread

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

Jeez, I come back from holiday and the internet exploded!

Internet_Exploded_by_dotweb.jpg

Basically, I think what many of us here in the audio sub forum and Logan/Mayflower want to do is remind everyone that humans are flawed when it comes to perception. We make bad witnesses in the court room, and also just as bad of a witness to audio.

If you goto the Audio FAQ sticky at the top of this subforum there are links provided to more indepth information on how our perception is flawed and how marketing in the audio industry has set up a mythos/gimmicks/even language just to trick us for more profit.

nononono never give up i was in your position 5 years ago but i promise if your keep practicing youll be amazing. Source: personal experience. 

Can almost bet that you're no where near "amazing" unless you're playing for recordings.

Can almost bet that you're no where near "amazing" unless you're playing for recordings.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! I'm playing at the University of California Los Angeles for the oldest guitar society in America next March/. I'd say i'm pretty good. And yes, I record. Pic below. 

post-16829-0-86360600-1388455892_thumb.j

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! I'm playing at the University of California Los Angeles for the oldest guitar society in America next March/. I'd say i'm pretty good. And yes, I record. Pic below. 

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

That is church. I can move to where you live and play recorder at your church. Also UCLA music program is never talked about. I come from a school where anyone who pursues music ends up in Juilliard. Try harder pls

That is church. I can move to where you live and play recorder at your church. Also UCLA music program is never talked about. I come from a school where anyone who pursues music ends up in Juilliard. Try harder pls

http://www.americanguitarsociety.org/location.html.php It's a highly respected guitar society. 

I'm pretty sure if I wanted to (and if I got off my lazy ass), i'd go to Juilliard too. 

http://www.americanguitarsociety.org/location.html.php It's a highly respected guitar society. 

I'm pretty sure if I wanted to (and if I got off my lazy ass), i'd go to Juilliard too. 

You probably wouldn't, but whatever floats your boat buddy. Also you're no where in here: http://www.americanguitarsociety.org/pdf/13-14%20series%20frt-bak.pdf

Did you know I'm going to be the president of the US in 2015? 

l2lie

You probably wouldn't, but whatever floats your boat buddy. Also you're no where in here: http://www.americanguitarsociety.org/pdf/13-14%20series%20frt-bak.pdf

l2lie

because the event hasnt been scheduled yet, bud. 

because the event hasnt been scheduled yet, bud. 

l2lie

And those are famous guitarists, you seriously think there is only going to be one person playing the whole time? Dude, it's a society. You get your seat with maybe 15 other people and play one or two pieces...

an external dac is and always will be a better option than a internal sound card. There is just to much stuff in a pc that can cause interference. And also your typical dac is built with much better components than a internal sound card. You only ever see sound cards use cheap electrolytic capacitors where most decent quality dac's will use metalized poly caps and/or ceramic caps.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Prestige/Old Age/Membership =/= Skill

If anything, the amount of modesty a person conveys can show more than titles and memberships ever could.

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Speaking from experience, the worst musicians I've met are those who are the most full of themselves. True musicians are never satisfied with their level (and they shouldn't be, there is ALWAYS room for improvement). I strongly suggest you lose the attitude, this will make you a better musician and person.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein