Logan's Audio vid.

AraSarkisyan

i cant sleep i dont know why. 

Probably because you are on the internet.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

that is genuinely very very hard to believe, but whatever...

consider this : I won't get a contract so a smartphone is like 300. 

Then there is a fee for adding a line. Then there is the monthly bill, and I already pay 40 bucks a month for unlimited talk and text. that will be 80 bucks a month + the phone and i have to pay for all of that. Yeah, not happening. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Probably because you are on the internet.

nah its because i drank a red bull at 10.

consider this : I won't get a contract so a smartphone is like 300.

Then there is a fee for adding a line. Then there is the monthly bill, and I already pay 40 bucks a month for unlimited talk and text. that will be 80 bucks a month + the phone and i have to pay for all of that. Yeah, not happening.

And then there are the $350 headphones on your desk.....

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Its been 5 hours since you drank it, pretty sure you'll be sleepy now. Anyways, turn off your computer and get some sleep..

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

And then there are the $350 headphones on your desk.....

That I got for free from a friend who got a new pair and the ATH-M50s i got for Christmas last year and the Phoebus that he didnt want because it was a hand me down from his brother's rig and he already had an essence STX. right.

Its been 5 hours since you drank it, pretty sure you'll be sleepy now. Anyways, turn off your computer and get some sleep..

Ill try.

I have a phone with something in between 8 bit and 16 bit color, and the resolution is so bad it looks like there are black dots all over the screen.

I know how you feel......

I can drink a redbull, a monster, a dragon and a USN Spike and go to sleep right after, energy drinks don't phase me at all, when I go to sleep I sleep. Though I can go days without sleep if I want, I think it's coz I went from being breastfed to a coke bottle, been drinking coke on a regular basis since I can remember so my body sort of handles it differently than most.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

I can drink a redbull, a monster, a dragon and a USN Spike and go to sleep right after, energy drinks don't phase me at all, when I go to sleep I sleep. Though I can go days without sleep if I want, I think it's coz I went from being breastfed to a coke bottle, been drinking coke on a regular basis since I can remember so my body sort of handles it differently than most.

my god your body must be so tolerant to caffeine 

my god your body must be so tolerant to caffeine 

yea and I'm skinny as hell.. I can't get fat no matter how much I eat, and I'd order a family platter at a family restaurant and eat everything and still be hungry.

Edit: that's why I'm baffled by the fact that coke supposedly makes people fat... I'd think the acid eats away at the fat if anything. 

Coke also makes for a nice meat tenderizer.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Lol so yeah....you know the whole point of these video series was to get people talking about this stuff and it's worked. We also said in the first few minuets that we are probably going to piss some people off, I guess we did. For your first comment, (about YouTube), I love messing with trolls. It's fun to me, and if it makes me look "unprofessional" oh well. Don't buy anything from me then, and unsubscribe from Logan. For every one person that we made mad, we probably helped 100 people or more.

As with every YouTube comment, you really don't have any information to support your argument, so it's moot.

And I'll explain this one last time, it wasn't a advertisement. I told Logan multiple times to NOT mention my products. He did it anyway, I can't control him. We did most of the videos in one take, so I may have not done things 100% correctly the way I would have wanted it too.

*incoming personal excuses*

I'm not a good public speaker. I mumble, and I'm not good at explaining things in a dumbed down level.

That's about the last of it, but people are taking this video WAY to seriously, like it's the bible or something. If you don't believe me, great, make your argument and have some supporting evident. Don't act like a pre-teen and start slinging mud.

edit: I voted yes to see what the polls are like (genuinely curious) and even with my vote, less than 15% of people disagree. I'll take that.

I hate logan, his videos are too long for me.

Please don't tell me that is the 'only' reason you hate him. Because that is a stupid reason to hate someone

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

For me, not really, but my Dad noticed a difference between a soundcard and onboard. 

kDwMI.gif

D3lTC.gif

Gigabyte z87x-ud3h \ Intel® Core™ i7-4770K \ Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB \ EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti SC \ Corsair CX750M \ Onboard sound (Alc898)

a soundcard (a proper one) drastically improves the sound. 

I'd like you to show us some properly conducted blind tests and/or measurements that corroborate that statement. If you can do that, you'll be the first and you'll surely win the audio nobel prize.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

The thing I didn't understood in this video : "EMI shield is useless since it has holes..." what??? (just need to look up Faraday cage)

Plus, there's a clear difference between using my Realtek onboard (Z87X-UD4H; maybe their implementation is bad though) and my cheap Xonar DG (it eliminated most of the electric noise I had).

That being said, for me, an external DAC is better (I have a FiiO E17 right now); but a card like the Xonar STX also produces a great sound (from what I tried though as it wasn't mine).

The whole video seemed more like a marketing thing than a guide. I won't say it was BS since it brought good points about people using digital out on cards, connecting to the back panel, some features being gimmick and I'd agree that an external DAC/AMP is better; but a soundcard like a DX/STX isn't bad. It just seemed an extremely biased video which just tried to sell the Mayflower's O2.

Anyway, I think that audio is so subjective that you can't just say "a soundcard/dac won't or will improve your sound" as everyone's ear is different and like different things.

It is my opinion on the topic  ;)

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4,6Ghz; Asus X99 Deluxe; GSkill Ripjaws 4 (4x4) 2400Mhz; MSi GTX 980 Reference @ 1.4Ghz; CM V700; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Windows 8.1 Pro

To those who say soundcard sounds better than onboard:

Soundcard might produce different sound from onboard, but there is a very high chance that it is not "better" in any way.

Soundcard tends to emphasize bass and treble, making V-shaped FR, which is a simple trick to make music sound "good".

Technically, this is a distortion, undesirable for amp/DAC.

Two revolutionary dance tones

There's no BS on this Video

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Anyway, I think that audio is so subjective that you can't just say "a soundcard/dac won't or will improve your sound" as everyone's ear is different and like different things.

Objectively I would say that a DAC's and AMP's purpose is to do just that, digital to analog conversion and amp the signal, nothing more.

If you have a DAC or AMP that colours the sound (though some people might like this) then your headphones are receiving a signal different to what some well payed audio engineer intended. So unless you want some specific feature that a soundcard offers then buying one to get better audio quality is a probably a mistake, especially with the similarly priced better measured alternatives. It's with the headphones that you pick 'your' sound, whether that be analytical or fun, in-your-head or with a massive soundstage. IMO everything earlier in the chain than the headphones should leave the signal as untouched as possible.

Objectively I would say that a DAC's and AMP's purpose is to do just that, digital to analog conversion and amp the signal, nothing more.

If you have a DAC or AMP that colours the sound (though some people might like this) then your headphones are receiving a signal different to what some well payed audio engineer intended. So unless you want some specific feature that a soundcard offers then buying one to get better audio quality is a probably a mistake, especially with the similarly priced better measured alternatives. It's with the headphones that you pick 'your' sound, whether that be analytical or fun, in-your-head or with a massive soundstage. IMO everything earlier in the chain than the headphones should leave the signal as untouched as possible.

Fair enough, but then it would seems that every DAC change the sound in some way or an other no? So might as well take something that you like better.

My problem with onboard is all the electric noise that I can't stand; I prefered my 30$ Xonar DG to the onboard by a lot, even if it might change the sound a little. Maybe the "sound" quality wasn't better, but it was cleaner by a long shot. But yes, I agree, if you are going to drop 100-200$ in a soundcard, might as well look at some external DACs instead of a soundcard.

Intel Core i7-5820k @ 4,6Ghz; Asus X99 Deluxe; GSkill Ripjaws 4 (4x4) 2400Mhz; MSi GTX 980 Reference @ 1.4Ghz; CM V700; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Windows 8.1 Pro

Fair enough, but then it would seems that every DAC change the sound in some way or an other no? So might as well take something that you like better.

My problem with onboard is all the electric noise that I can't stand; I prefered my 30$ Xonar DG to the onboard by a lot, even if it might change the sound a little. Maybe the "sound" quality wasn't better, but it was cleaner by a long shot. But yes, I agree, if you are going to drop 100-200$ in a soundcard, might as well look at some external DACs instead of a soundcard.

Right so for the 100th time this wasn't an advertisement. I've also explain about 100 more times that what they are implementing is not a farady cage. If you google it, you'll see that that is pretty obvious.

My question to you is, did you plug your headphone in the motherboard or front panel?

Right so for the 100th time this wasn't an advertisement. I've also explain about 100 more times that what they are implementing is not a farady cage. If you google it, you'll see that that is pretty obvious.

My question to you is, did you plug your headphone in the motherboard or front panel?

Always the motherboard, my last case had terrible grounding on the front port, so I never plugged it again on the front.

My face when audio illiterates in this thread. 

tumblr_mxgngbc0pg1sm2o07o1_1280.png

I think you screwed up your epic maymay picture

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Can we keep this on topic please? Otherwise I will start handing out the warnings. 

Always the motherboard, my last case had terrible grounding on the front port, so I never plugged it again on the front.

And you still got noise on the back ports? I have Z87x-UD3H and I get 0 noise (you cant even hear a hiss if you crank the volume to the max and not play anything) from the front/back ports, but again my case is clean and the cables are routed well.

Gigabyte z87x-ud3h \ Intel® Core™ i7-4770K \ Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB \ EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti SC \ Corsair CX750M \ Onboard sound (Alc898)

I think it's pretty funny how all these people blindly follow the opinions of Youtubers. One minute they follow Linus, the next it's Logan. Not saying they're wrong, it's just funny. If you think your soundcard sounds better, good on you. You got what you wanted, but there's better gear out there and for most cases a sound card is unnecessary. I do however think the video that Mayflower and Logan made is far too generalised, but we'll see what comes with the next one...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers