Logan's Audio vid.

AraSarkisyan

I personally have no experience at all in audio and don't use an audio card, could you elaborate your current experiences with audio card and how it has made a difference? Because from what I've understood is that some audio cards may have a build in equalizer so the bass may be turned up and that's why you believe that an audio card is allot better.

The sound is crisper, and less muddy. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

i call bs on this whole thread i dont believe u have hd600s and i sure as hell dont believe u got a phoebus for free also if u knew anything about audio and had hd600s u wouldnt be using a phoebus im no audiophile and i know this.

I think u just saw some comments on the video or went on a sound forum and are just copying what people are saying using "audiophile" terminology.

Like 10 of you. I've seen so many people than I can count recommend a sound card (including linus)

so you'd rather follow the advice of 100 14 year old parrots than 10 experienced enthusiasts?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Lol. No. Please. 

I have a (fairly) high end motherboard. I have decent headphones (ATH-M50, HD600s) and i tested my onboard and my soundcard. The sound soming from my Xonar Phoebus is crisper and cleaner. 

When listening to compressed music, only a slight difference.

When gaming, once again, slight. 

But when listening to FLAC, there was a significant difference. 

yes that is your opinion i think most people wont know the difference like most people cant tell the difference between 60hz and 120 or higher 

so you'd rather follow the advice of 100 14 year old parrots then 10 experienced enthusiasts?

14 year old parrots? Honestly. You can't have a normal discussion so you revert to calling people offensive things. Linus and Slick have advocated the use of sound cards for quite a while, so if they can hear a difference, and I can assure you they are most definitely experienced, and so can I, then there is a clear difference.

And FYI this forum (According to the mods) is predominately filled with 18-25 year olds.

i call bs on this whole thread i dont believe u have hd600s and i sure as hell dont believe u got a phoebus for free also if u knew anything about audio and had hd600s u wouldnt be using a phoebus im no audiophile and i know this.

I think u just saw some comments on the video or went on a sound forum and are just copying what people are saying using "audiophile" terminology.

umm, no. I got them for free, so what? im a criminal now?

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

so you'd rather follow the advice of 100 14 year old parrots than 10 experienced enthusiasts?

This is the internet. For all we know you could be a 14 your old parrot of another side 0.o I didn't follow the advice of anyone. I only bought my sound card because it looks perdy and it was $25 on clearance. 

Is there software to do make onboard audio do the same "binaural surround" as the software for this card? 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Yeah but almost nobody does binurial recordings...........

You are a special kind of stupid.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

You are a special kind of stupid.

umm no. Binurial recordings are not used in games, and are not common in movies anymore. 

14 year old parrots? 

up-ICRD516S86GLBMIN.jpg

But seriously, calm down. This is the internet.

welp, can't argue with your dad, next you are probably claiming to be able to hear a difference between 320kbps mp3 and lossless file

Ehhhhmm...there IS a difference. A VERY noticeable difference actually.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

up-ICRD516S86GLBMIN.jpg

But seriously, calm down. This is the internet.

Sorry but being called a parrot doesn't make me cheerful.

Ehhhhmm...there IS a difference. A VERY noticeable difference actually.

THANK YOU. 

umm no. Binurial recordings are not used in games, and are not common in movies anymore.

Well true to a point, but the idea of that video is to show you don't need more than two drivers in headphones to clearly distinguish directions. If the game processes it's audio correctly then it'll give you great positional awareness without more drivers or a third party virtual surround.

THANK YOU.

Hey I'm not arguing against YOU, just against sound cards over external DACs :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

umm, no. I got them for free, so what? im a criminal now? 

doubt it and who said u are a criminal? lol if u want us to believe u prove it take pics of both headphones and phoebus and right on a piece of paper your name then take a photo :)

14 year old parrots? Seriously shut the fuck up. Honestly. You can't have a normal discussion so you revert to calling people offensive things. Linus and Slick have advocated the use of sound cards for quite a while, so if they can hear a difference, and I can assure you they are most definitely experienced, and so can I, then there is a clear difference. 

And FYI this forum (According to the mods) is predominately filled with 18-25 year olds. 

I call it how I see it, I see people behaving like 14 year olds parroting what linus said.  Linus recommendations, like all other tech experts, are based on the information they have at the time. There are so many people running into these threads recommending cards they have never owned nor heard because Linus said so.  If that ain't parroting then I don't know what is.

This is the internet. For all we know you could be a 14 your old parrot of another side 0.o I didn't follow the advice of anyone. I only bought my sound card because it looks perdy and it was $25 on clearance. 

Is there software to do make onboard audio do the same "binaural surround" as the software for this card? 

Razor surround does it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hey I'm not arguing against YOU, just against sound cards over external DACs :P

never said sound cards over DACs. im saying this video is stupid and filled with misinformation.

i.e. "sound will almost always be worse with a sound card"

doubt it and who said u are a criminal? lol if u want us to believe u prove it take pics of both headphones and phoebus and right on a piece of paper your name then take a photo :)

Alright. RN it's 2:06 AM but you bet your ass you'll receive a picture in your inbox tomorrow.

I would follow them arround like David Attenborough ;)

I call it how I see it, I see people behaving like 14 year olds parroting what linus said.  Linus recommendations, like all other tech experts, are based on the information they have at the time. There are so many people running into these threads recommending cards they have never owned nor heard because Linus said so.  If that ain't parroting then I don't know what is.

Because you totally own everything you have recommended in the past. ;)

I do have a GA-H77-DS3H, which is a pretty low end board. That's probably why I get so much noise when I use the onboard.

Stupid thing doesn't even have optical for my stereo receiver...

I would follow them arround like David Attenborough ;)

you fucking killed me with that line. amazing.  :D  :lol:

Do you know when and why that anymore stopped and how much of the 5.1 surround you hear probably isnt actually that and is just upsampled?

Razor surround does it.

Also, sweet, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Do you know when and why that anymore stopped and how much of the 5.1 surround you hear probably isnt actually that and is just upsampled?

could you clarify your question im having trouble understanding what you said. English is not my first language, sorry. 

Well true to a point, but the idea of that video is to show you don't need more than two drivers in headphones to clearly distinguish directions. If the game processes it's audio correctly then it'll give you great positional awareness without more drivers or a third party virtual surround.

Yes this is correct but most games dont do this correctly, hell most soundards and software dont do virtual sound as correctly as they could.

Because you totally own everything you have recommended in the past. ;)

I do have a GA-H77-DS3H, which is a pretty low end board. That's probably why I get so much noise when I use the onboard.

Stupid thing doesn't even have optical for my stereo receiver...

Yeah, actually I have only ever recommended one product that i don't actually own and that was because there was only one product that fit the enquirers description.

Some noise on mobo audio  can come from poor grounding, I had one like that, but my current one is good.

I call it how I see it, I see people behaving like 14 year olds parroting what linus said. Linus recommendations, like all other tech experts, are based on the information they have at the time. There are so many people running into these threads recommending cards they have never owned nor heard because Linus said so. If that ain't parroting then I don't know what is.

Razor surround does it.

I own or have used almost everything I recommend, truthfully thats the only way I can confidently recommend it on a personal level.