Logan's Audio vid.

AraSarkisyan

IT just seems like utter bullshit to me. The guy in the video craps on all other companies products and you can tell he is only there to sell the product. 

I for one, noticed an immediate difference in audio quality when i got my sound card. 
It was much better. And it seems like i'm not the only on who thinks this video is bs, because everyone else in the comments section agrees. Thoughts? 

I would also like to note that this video isn't doing to good on many audio forums either. 

(Also another thing I would like to mention is that the virtual barber shop video was a binurial recording, and there is no way in hell any game is recorded like that)

Also Tyler, your idiotic responses to everyone in the comments section only hurt your reputation. Instead of linking us to your sources or showing us any sort of qualification, you continue to bash other people who state their personal experiences. IMO this only hurt Mayflower Electronics' reputation and business.

Head on over to head-fi if you want some actual audio advice.

Also, here is an example of an in depth review of a soundcard by people who actually understand audio: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/05/01/sound_blaster_recon3d_fatal1ty_card_review/5#.UrQDn_RDtCU

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

It is in some terms probably correct which i could understand but some parts are out my understanding!!

But I am not sure if we can say it is B.S imo

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

The main point to take away from that is that a soundcard doesn't make much sense if you have a DECENT on board. If your manufacturer cheaped out on it then you'll probably notice a difference with the soundcard.

However if you want to be reducing signal noise and all that jazz, why the hell buy a soundcard if you can get an external DAC in it's own little metal box with better performance for similar pricing? I don't think that's BS at all, that's just common sense.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

This is just an introduction video. I don't understand why no one seems to get this fact. They attempted to dumb some things down for people who wouldn't understand what they were tlking about (ie most gamers).

"The guy in the video" is @MayflowerElectronics. He did not want his product mentioned in the video at all because he was there to bust some myths not promote his product. He doesn't even need to promote his product - his Black Friday sale was so successful he'll be drowned in orders until after Christmas. Logan is Logan, however, so there was no stopping that wrecking ball.

The Virtual Barber Shop is to prove multi-driver headphones are unnecessary, not to prove you don't need virtual surround effects for games.

This is just an introduction video. I don't understand why no one seems to get this fact. They attempted to dumb some things down for people who wouldn't understand what they were tlking about (ie most gamers).

"The guy in the video" is @MayflowerElectronics. He did not want his product mentioned in the video at all because he was there to bust some myths not promote his product. He doesn't even need to promote his product - his Black Friday sale was so successful he'll be drowned in orders until after Christmas. Logan is Logan, however, so there was no stopping that wrecking ball.

The Virtual Barber Shop is to prove multi-driver headphones are unnecessary, not to prove you don't need virtual surround effects for games.

Yeah but almost nobody does binurial recordings...........

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

How does that relate to any of my points?

IT just seems like utter bullshit to me. The guy in the video craps on all other companies products and you can tell he is only there to sell the product. 

I for one, noticed an immediate difference in audio quality when i got my sound card. 

It was much better. And it seems like i'm not the only on who thinks this video is bs, because everyone else in the comments section agrees. Thoughts? 

I would also like to note that this video isn't doing to good on many audio forums either. 

(Also another thing I would like to mention is that the virtual barber shop video was a binurial recording, and there is no way in hell any game is recorded like that)

Also Tyler, your idiotic responses to everyone in the comments section only hurt your reputation. Instead of linking us to your sources or showing us any sort of qualification, you continue to bash other people who state their personal experiences. IMO this only hurt Mayflower Electronics' reputation and business.

Your age shows in these statements. I'm sorry but if you understood what they said you'd understand why you felt a difference, then secondly they are talking about good onboard (Biostar anyone?) that won't make a difference in the sound produced. I agree that an external DAC is way better and costs around the same as a sound card. People are just buthurt because they fall for the sales gimmick that are sound cards. I've known this from quite some time ago, it was refreshing to watch their video and know there are others who aren't blind (or deaf) either.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

The main point to take away from that is that a soundcard doesn't make much sense if you have a DECENT on board. If your manufacturer cheaped out on it then you'll probably notice a difference with the soundcard.

However if you want to be reducing signal noise and all that jazz, why the hell buy a soundcard if you can get an external DAC in it's own little metal box with better performance for similar pricing? I don't think that's BS at all, that's just common sense.

a soundcard (a proper one) drastically improves the sound. 

Put the amp story on one side (even though you picked up an amp and talked about it for a little while, the O2), a soundcard (a proper one) drastically improves the sound. 

it doesn't mate, I'm sorry you fell for the trap, or bought a mobo with crap audio to begin with. (please also make sure didn't just use the front panel connectors to test your onboard)

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

O.K... where to start?   As an enthusiast in this field for just on 30 years  with several qualifications in EE, audio design and experience in sound engineering,  I could tear the video apart, but it would prove absolutely nothing.

The basic fact of the matter is that the science has been pleberised so everyday people can get the message.  There is already a long thread about this in the audio sub forum I suggest you read it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Put the amp story on one side (even though you picked up an amp and talked about it for a little while, the O2), a soundcard (a proper one) drastically improves the sound. 

Soundcards have amps on them - you can't ignore that argument.

A soundcard will improve on board sound in some cases sure, let's say that it does exactly as well as an external solution for quality of sound processing, which is not unreasonable, it's still an internal component of the PC and is therefore subjected to significant noise. And external DAC has it's own enclosure and therefore is not. Now if both of these products costs the same (The Fiio E10 for example is about 60-70 dollars) then the DAC is objectively a better choice, even if the actual sound quality would be identical to the sound card it would have less noise and therefore a cleaner signal.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

it doesn't mate, I'm sorry you fell for the trap, or bought a mobo with crap audio to begin with. (please also make sure didn't just use the front panel connectors to test your onboard)

um no,im sure my motherboards onboard isnt crap (Asus z-87 pro). After watching the video, i immediatly took out my soundcard and tested everything out. I used a pair of HD600s and a pair of ATH-m50s. When compared to my soundcard, my onboard sounded muddy. The soundcard was definatley alot better. 

I can understand how compressed files on youtube or some other streaming service may sound the same, when listening to FLAC files, I could notice a significant difference. 

um no,im sure my motherboards onboard isnt crap (Asus z-87 pro). After watching the video, i immediatly took out my soundcard and tested everything out. I used a pair of HD600s and a pair of ATH-m50s. When compared to my soundcard, my onboard sounded muddy. The soundcard was definatley alot better.

I can understand how compressed files on youtube or some other streaming service may sound the same, when listening to FLAC files, I could notice a significant difference.

I assume this was done in a blind test, since it wouldn't hold much ground otherwise

Lol. No. Please. 

I have a (fairly) high end motherboard. I have decent headphones (ATH-M50, HD600s) and i tested my onboard and my soundcard. The sound soming from my Xonar Phoebus is crisper and cleaner. 

When listening to compressed music, only a slight difference.

When gaming, once again, slight. 

But when listening to FLAC, there was a significant difference. 

Now you should let someone blindfold you and also put in an external DAC as a third source.

I assume this was done in a blind test, since it wouldn't hold much ground otherwise

For me, not really, but my Dad noticed a difference between a soundcard and onboard. 

I don't know about the latest asus boards are like, but I haven't seen decent onboard sound on many of their boards ranging from socket 775 to 1155.

Your dad noticing a difference could just be volume as soundcards tend to be louder with the speakers set on the same volume.

Spoiler

Now you should let someone blindfold you and also put in an external DAC as a third source.

Already tried a blind test on my Dad to eliminate the chance of a placebo, and if I had a DAC on me rn, I would. 

MY point is, sound cards are not as bad as they are making them out to be in this video. And half the shit they say is soooo off the mark I am having trouble acually believing what they are saying, and when I head on over to dedicated audio forums and they make fools out of these guys, it makes them look bad. 

I don't know about the latest asus boards are like, but I haven't seen decent onboard sound on many of their boards ranging from socket 775 to 1155.

Your dad noticing a difference could just be volume as soundcards tend to be louder with the speakers set on the same volume.

Settings where exactly the same. Onboard audio on that is fine, trust me, they dont skimp out on onboard for a pro series motherboard. maybe something like a plus, bot not on a pro. 

For me, not really, but my Dad noticed a difference between a soundcard and onboard.

welp, can't argue with your dad, next you are probably claiming to be able to hear a difference between 320kbps mp3 and lossless file

If your just speaking video games then yes but for video it was "common" until 5.1 surround became "standard".

welp, can't argue with your dad, next you are probably claiming to be able to hear a difference between 320kbps mp3 and lossless file

I can but have to "listen for it" as in know where mp3 or aac struggles and focus on those sections. There are some things I would say the flac is better without doing that but that may be because of the quality of the source or rip.

lossless does sound better. it should. There is more information in FLAC than in a 320kbps mp3. Seperation is better, for instance. It is a very subtle difference, but you can still hear it.