Nvidia G-Sync 4k 144hz displays are expected to Launch in April!

Java

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3265037/displays/nvidia-4k-g-sync-hdr-display-april-launch.html

" Nvidia is “confident” that the first 4K G-Sync HDR displays will launch in April, the company told Anandtech during a GDC meeting. PCWorld sources in the monitor industry confirmed a similar time frame. "

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

That only took what, an extra year?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

$1,000? $1,500?

PC gaming is becoming a sinkhole for money. Prices of top tier equipment only ever seems to go up, much like energy companies they're really quick to increase prices but never seem to pass on savings when costs fall.

10 years ago $1,500 would have gotten you a balls to the wall gaming PC including peripherals, these days you'd get little change back from a single component.

Maybe an idea for a video, take a budget and look at what you'd get for your money across a time period? You could adjust for inflation and show how much you got for your money back then compared to today. Would be an interesting watch.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

26 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

10 years ago $1,500 would have gotten you a balls to the wall gaming PC including peripherals, these days you'd get little change back from a single component.

Well, 8 years ago the creme de la creme of desktop monitors (for home use) was the Dell U2711. That had an MSRP of 1000+ dollars (adjusted for inflation that's about 1200 dollars). 

Similar monitors today are far cheaper. Half the price maybe?

I think the "problem" is that the high end stuff has gotten more high end, and the lower end stuff has gotten more low end. The gap between what is low end and high end has increased. But at the same time Price:Performance has skyrocketed in the last decade or so. So I don't think much has changed in terms of progress and the prices, it's just that the money you need to spend to get that feeling of "I have the best of the best stuff" has increased.

if you compare any one category at a specific price point, let's say GPUs at 300 dollars (let's assume the prices weren't completely ruined by the demand from mining rigs), then I think we would see a pretty steady increase in price:performance. 

A bit more on topic, the Predator X27 will be around 2500 euros (and presumably 2500 dollars too).

It's worth mentioning that it is more than "just" a 4K 144Hz G-Sync monitor. It also has the highest DisplayHDR classification (DisplayHDR 1000).

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Well, 8 years ago the creme de la creme of desktop monitors (for home use) was the Dell U2711. That had an MSRP of 1000+ dollars (adjusted for inflation that's about 1200 dollars). 

Similar monitors today are far cheaper. Half the price maybe?

I think the "problem" is that the high end stuff has gotten more high end, and the lower end stuff has gotten more low end. The gap between what is low end and high end has increased. But at the same time Price:Performance has skyrocketed in the last decade or so. So I don't think much has changed in terms of progress and the prices, it's just that the money you need to spend to get that feeling of "I have the best of the best stuff" has increased.

if you compare any one category at a specific price point, let's say GPUs at 300 dollars (let's assume the prices weren't completely ruined by the demand from mining rigs), then I think we would see a pretty steady increase in price:performance. 

A bit more on topic, the Predator X27 will be around 2500 euros (and presumably 2500 dollars too).

It's worth mentioning that it is more than "just" a 4K 144Hz G-Sync monitor. It also has the highest DisplayHDR classification (DisplayHDR 1000).

It kinda has to since 144Hz@1440p for every game is still far off.

Finally!

I can start waiting for 8k 240Hz HDR G-Sync/Free-Sync QuantumDot OLED 12-bit 4:2:2 monitor.

But seriously... How long till you can actually play 4k 144Hz at High/Ultra with actually stable 120+ FPS? (AAA games) Another 2-3y?

Im just hoping that we'll get a Volta (or whatever they call it) launch with it.

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

So its gonna be Nvidia branded ?! 

If so, then Im sure they will release some Volta GTX cards ! Otherwise its a “wtf Nvidia?”

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

17 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Finally!

I can start waiting for 8k 240Hz HDR G-Sync/Free-Sync QuantumDot OLED 12-bit 4:2:2 monitor.

But seriously... How long till you can actually play 4k 144Hz at High/Ultra with actually stable 120+ FPS? (AAA games) Another 2-3y?

If their new tech “RTX” is gonna enhance performance as they claim then probably this year or early next year we could see a AAA title with RTX support on some 2080ti or Titan GPU.

Thats my guess/expectation.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

$1,000? $1,500?

PC gaming is becoming a sinkhole for money. Prices of top tier equipment only ever seems to go up, much like energy companies they're really quick to increase prices but never seem to pass on savings when costs fall.

Maybe an idea for a video, take a budget and look at what you'd get for your money across a time period? You could adjust for inflation and show how much you got for your money back then compared to today. Would be an interesting watch.

That's why PC gaming is on Life Support Machine and pretty soon it will be dead. Sadly...

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

I'm sure it will be nice for the 10s of people that have the money to buy it and the system to be able to run it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

$1,000? $1,500?

1500 USD in 2007 would be the equivelent of 1800 USD today. See what you can build with that 

26 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

1500 USD in 2007 would be the equivelent of 1800 USD today. See what you can build with that 

Look what I found!

High-End Buyers' Guide: May 2007

For 2000 dollars (equivalent to 2428 dollars today) here is what you got:

Case - Apevia Aspire X-Cruiser (This case screams 2007)

PSU - Corsair CMPSU-620HX (back when the plain 80+ certificate was impressive)

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (dual core at 2.8GHz)

Motherboard - DFI LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G (at the time a pretty hifh end motherboard).

RAM - 2x1GB of 800MHz CL4 DDR2 (a massive 2GB of super fast DDR2!)

GPU - Two super fast GeForce 8800GTS cards with a massive 640MB of VRAM.

Storage - 500GB Samsung HDD

Optical drive - Does anyone even care? It could write DVDs though.

Display - Some Acer monitor with a pretty bad 22" TN panel and a resolution of 1680x1050.

Keyboard and mouse - Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000.

Speakers - Creative I-Trigue 3300

if you compare that to what you can get today, it's pretty clear that things have moved forward a lot.

I think prices have increased but tech isn’t moving as fast anymore. A graphics used to be obsolete about 5 minutes after plugging it in and you had huge gains between generations. The 680 I’ve got in my main rig is still very adequate and I’m using it for 1440p

That's an F in the profile pic

It's gonna be interesting to see the price. I feel that every time new type of screens come out these days prices go up with something like 20-30 years worth of inflation, while the existing tech doesn't really go down in price.

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

$1,000? $1,500?

I don't necessarily think the sky is falling.  :D

Ad1975_May_MX-65_ModernData-45.thumb.jpg.bea7e858fd17ef15fce9a2ee5e0a9467.jpg825.jpg.d129a8d3ab840c89ddf3a49b99a111f2.jpgBpXu4Z8IcAEypxY.jpg.3fc236f52780433b541292031b72ab15.jpgimage061.gif.b270e2f5a0573c0be0bd00764375b91f.gifpage-7-386-prices-768788.jpg.91924e3fd256a274f15dfa3e76a438d7.jpg4007.JPG.09f846d6b98d27faa4d9dbec228633df.JPGold-computer-ad-15-megabyte-hard-disk-drive-for-241.jpg.38bd4f55adad77dc47ccf0047f61eddd.jpg4014.JPG.6c3a3b6e3fd116c677f2b0b4c9dc976c.JPGradioshackfeatureimg.jpg.0fdf3195e00ef84f73e8b926f5af1daa.jpg

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

$1,000? $1,500?

10 years ago a GTX 280 retailed at $650? Counting for inflation that's $740 now. Ignoring the mess that's graphics card prices and ram prices you're not really doing that much worse with your money. Especially for what you're getting with modern hardware.

Also remember that just a few years ago 4k monitors/TVs were $20+k. New stuff is always going to cost a lot. That's the early adoption fee you pay.

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Look what I found!

High-End Buyers' Guide: May 2007

For 2000 dollars (equivalent to 2428 dollars today) here is what you got:

Case - Apevia Aspire X-Cruiser (This case screams 2007)

PSU - Corsair CMPSU-620HX (back when the plain 80+ certificate was impressive)

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (dual core at 2.8GHz)

Motherboard - DFI LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G (at the time a pretty hifh end motherboard).

RAM - 2x1GB of 800MHz CL4 DDR2 (a massive 2GB of super fast DDR2!)

GPU - Two super fast GeForce 8800GTS cards with a massive 640MB of VRAM.

Storage - 500GB Samsung HDD

Optical drive - Does anyone even care? It could write DVDs though.

Display - Some Acer monitor with a pretty bad 22" TN panel and a resolution of 1680x1050.

Keyboard and mouse - Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000.

Speakers - Creative I-Trigue 3300

if you compare that to what you can get today, it's pretty clear that things have moved forward a lot.

Oh god yes! 

I had the Athlon 4800+ dual core, and a 8800 GTX; but this dinky BenQ monitor.
It was the first computer I had that played FEAR without issues. God were monitors bad back then without paying as much as the full system nearly.

cGJRKeE.jpg

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Mentioned it breafly in my ray tracing thread. You can already preorder it in Denmark at the low low price of a little over 2500€ (but that also includes 25% vat and everyone laughing at you for paying so much for a small bad tv).

The price is utter retarded and does not speak well for the curved ultrawide coming out at the end of the year. LG is launching the 34gk950 nano cell series; g suffix for gsync and f suffix for freesync. They are much cheaper, but might not even be DisplayHDR600. So they basically only carries the high colour gamut of about 98% DCI-P3. 

The new Windows 10 fall update should carry better support for HDR though.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

5 hours ago, Tic-Tac said:

That's why PC gaming is on Life Support Machine and pretty soon it will be dead. Sadly...

Not even remotely true. High end hardware is expensive, and has increased in the past few years, but that's aimed at people like me and @done12many2. It's also gotten substancially more powerful.

Whereas @ARikozuM wants a VR capable machine, roughly $1200.

@Ryan_Vickers wants to play games at 1440P60? $800 to $1000

@LAwLz wants simething small and just wants to play a few indie games? An Alienware Alpha and an SSD can be had for under $700.

@dizmo doesn't care how big the system system is, just if he can play games at 1080p30? An A10 system can be built for $500.

Those four examples are far more likely than what I or Done12 go for.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

$1,000? $1,500?

Well it is very easy for them to blame it on miners and ram shortage (Because they know damn well "just wait it out" it's something almost no gamer it's going to do) but when you see it on an unrelated product like this, it gives you pause so I agree.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Meh, Ill take a 100hz ultra wide 3440x1440 monitor over it anyday....and it will be a fraction of the cost.

@Drak3 If my time with the HP Omen i7+1080 is correct, I’ll need $2000 to make a dual-1080 or 1080 Ti system that will run Samsung s u p e r ultra w i d e.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers