Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azurek

Wireless Headphones

Posted · Original PosterOP

Good evening to all,

I would like to replace my current set-up of a Blue Yeti Microphone + ATH M50 with a wireless headphone that has a microphone.

Currently I do not own a television with which I can use a wireless headphones, however, i would like it to be future proof and thus have the possibility to connect to a future TV and my Desktop.

I have found both the Steelseries Arctis 7 (123 Euro) and Steelseries Siberia 800 (199 Euro) at a discount on amazon.fr. After reading about them a little, it seems the Arctis 7 does everything i need it to do on top of having a better microphone than the Siberia 800, however, some say that it does not connect to a TV.

Could you guys help me find a good wireless (with mic) that can connect to both a TV and Desktop?

I live in Belgium, so amazon and CoolBlue are my best seller options.

EDIT:

Could you recommend a really good Bluetooth headset that can connect to the computer, phone, and TV? (forget about the mic)

I've had a look around and the ones i found were:

• ATH sr5bt
  • Marshall Mid ANC
  • Bowers and Wilkins PX (super expensive, but is it worth it as a 5-10 years investment - that's about how long I've used my ATH M50's)
  • Beoplay H4 as mentioned above by AAJoe (I found one for 230e, but last one available at that price so might not be relevant by the time I get a response)
  • Plantronics BlackBeat Pro 2
  • Sony WH-1000XM2B

Reminder: my most important categories are sound quality (utmost importance) and comfort.

Thanks!

What about the logitech G533, it is wireless and has microphone

$150 since the last time i see it

"I want things to matter i hate it when things are just, whatever. Cable management, whatever. Fan placement, whatever. Thermal paste application, whatever."

-Luke Lafreniere from CPU & Heatsink Lapping - Are concave, convex, or flat heatsinks best for cooling? 3:14

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-I am a Value Oriented shopper, always thinking if something is worth over the other.

-I personally look air cooling First,  if not go all out in Custom water cooling for Aesthetics.

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

I am a Logitech Fan, gonna get that G633 Artemis Spectrum Headset. Since then I am interested (and open to other reputable brands) to sound quality and the Audiosphere.

Logitech Headphones are really nice, but I'm looking for something that can offer me the same kind of sound quality as my ATH M50's, im not sure the G533 offer the same sound quality.

@Azurek You may be searching for a mixture of stuff that simply won't exist for a reasonable price.

In order to get low latency for gaming, wireless headsets usually use APTX or, more likely APTX Low Latency (APTXLL). The problem with this is APTX is not compatible with any TVs, phones, etc by default. At least none that I am aware of (there's probably some exception out there).

Top it off with the fact that great sounding wireless headphones tend to be expensive, e.g. the B&O Play H4, but lack Aptx (or a decent mic) and you just have a recipe for misaligned expectations.

In short, I dont have any ideas on what device you should be looking for, but I will say you should look out for something that has both aptx and not or something else entirely in order to connect to your TV and other devices, while still having some kind of low latency tech for gaming/mic.

Of course, we're working on a wireless device that is awesome, but I can't say much more than that right now :) - and it doesn't solve your immediate need.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

Its not something that I need right now, but that I would preferably purchase within the calendar year.

"Wireless headphone that has a microphone."

So basically a headset? I haven't seen these kind of stuff other than gaming headsets and i will not comment on the quality since you know what you will get even after paying lets say $300 or more for them.

With that being said, if you want something par with your current setup or better it will be wired most of them time. But i think Bose QC 35 has mic in them, since i never tried it can't say much about it.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Hello again,

Then could you recommend a really good Bluetooth headset that can connect to the computer, phone, and TV? (forget about the mic)

I've had a look around and the ones i found were:

• ATH sr5bt
  • Marshall Mid ANC
  • Bowers and Wilkins PX (super expensive, but is it worth it as a 5-10 years investment - that's about how long I've used my ATH M50's)
  • Beoplay H4 as mentioned above by AAJoe (I found one for 230e, but last one available at that price so might not be relevant by the time I get a response)
  • Plantronics BlackBeat Pro 2
  • Sony WH-1000XM2B

Reminder: my most important categories are sound quality and comfort.

Thank you!