How to access SMB on Deepin File Manager

Does anyone know how to access an SMB share on Deepin's File Manager? I want to know since I have a share on a laptop that I am using as a share but Deepin cannot see it for some reason. I don't know if it doesn't support SMB or what. I do have Samba and it is accessible on my desktop on Windows. If anyone knows how to, I would love to know. By the way, I'm using Arch Linux.

Brah, do you even Java?

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can just mount it in the terminal, then make a shortcut to the mount point.

How do I do that, I never did anything like that?

Brah, do you even Java?

1 minute ago, Tech N Gamer said:

How do I do that, I never did anything like that?

open terminal 

then make a mount point.

So sudo mkdir /mnt/mountlocation

then mount the share 

so sudo mount -t cifs //ipofserver/share /mnt/mountloaction -o username=yourusename.

34 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

open terminal 

then make a mount point.

So sudo mkdir /mnt/mountlocation

then mount the share 

so sudo mount -t cifs //ipofserver/share /mnt/mountloaction -o username=yourusename.

I can read from it, but I can't write to it.

Brah, do you even Java?

This kind of thing should be doable from the GUI. I don't use SMB (since I don't have Windowses, excep in my apartment LOL) nor Deepin.

However, this is among the first results if I google "deepin samba". What happens if you try to write 'smb://' into the address bar of the file manager?

If all else fails, then the approach suggested by Electronics Wizardry is a sound one. Linux distributions have had SMB support for ages, but to use it properly, you need to read it's documentation (and or your distributions Wiki) to learn how to do authentication etc.

11 hours ago, Tech N Gamer said:

I can read from it, but I can't write to it.

This makes me think the share you are trying to access is not writable by anonymous (certainly recommended!) and you have not properly authenticated yourself.

Edited by Wild Penquin
TYPÅs

On 3/22/2018 at 12:52 AM, Tech N Gamer said:

Does anyone know how to access an SMB share on Deepin's File Manager? I want to know since I have a share on a laptop that I am using as a share but Deepin cannot see it for some reason. I don't know if it doesn't support SMB or what. I do have Samba and it is accessible on my desktop on Windows. If anyone knows how to, I would love to know. By the way, I'm using Arch Linux.

Nope. I use deepin Linux myself so it doesn’t. What you can do however is download another file manager which does. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

• 9 months later...
On 3/21/2018 at 11:52 PM, Tech N Gamer said:

Does anyone know how to access an SMB share on Deepin's File Manager?

At least on Deepin 15.8 you can simply type "SMB://<host name or IP address>/<share name>" into the search bar of the Deepin File Manager, and a dialog box will appear prompting you for the username and password if the share URL you entered is valid.

I have no problem connected to a Windows 10 hosted shared directory using this method.

What's the trick to making the Deepin file manager be able to see other Windows systems when you go to Computers in LAN->Windows Network?

I was running Zorin OS before this and its file manager could browse a Windows network just fine.

Same question here. On latest (rolling) Deepin.

In terminal this works fine (anonymous access is enabled): 

sudo mount -t cifs //<ip to NAS>/Share/ ./mountfolder/

But in the file manager I try:

smb://<ip to NAS>/Share

And just get a popup sating something like "Mounting error". Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same issue using Deepin on Antergos. Needed to install gvfs-smb. Now the smb connection within the Deepin file manager works.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know i'm a bit late but this thread is one of the first results on google still. So this is for anyone else who stumbles upon this.

No need for the command line here.

In the file explorer right click on your location and hit edit address.

Here you type smb://your.ip.here/ in my case smb://192.168.2.31/Moon for my Moon share

It will prompt you for the login and mount it for you

Screenshot_dde-file-manager_20211124231723.thumb.png.65f1d25ae3cb38e6b8fa74d9011ecd3a.png