(EVGA US) refurbished gt 1030. Passive cooler $69.99 shipped

Sat1600

God damn, it's sad that even the GT 1030's price got driven upwards by the current market climate.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

17 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's not a good deal. Even a new one isn't worth $70. Go used or go home. 

If you are I  the market for one, for whatever reason,  they are over $100 New right now. May not be worth it to you but it's still a deal if you need one. 

1 hour ago, Sat1600 said:

If you are I  the market for one, for whatever reason,  they are over $100 New right now. May not be worth it to you but it's still a deal if you need one. 

You shouldn't be buying a 1030 period though. Not unless it's on sale for $40, because that's about what it's worth for the performance it gives. Even a GTX 750 is stronger than the GT 1030. 

When there are a ton of better options out there on the used market, spending money on a horrible price/performance card isn't a good idea. 

This is about the GT 730, but the principle is the same:

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

27 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

You shouldn't be buying a 1030 period though. Not unless it's on sale for $40, because that's about what it's worth for the performance it gives. Even a GTX 750 is stronger than the GT 1030. 

When there are a ton of better options out there on the used market, spending money on a horrible price/performance card isn't a good idea. 

This is about the GT 730, but the principle is the same:

Buying used is not for everyone. Besides the 750ti is better, but not by much.  And It's hard to find one right now for less than $70.

If you just want to play overwatch or csgo this is perfect.

The point of the video you linked was that the 730 is pointless. It was beat by integrated Intel 530. It was throwing money away. That's not true in this case. The 1030 beats all integrated graphics including 2400g in most cases.  The next card up is the 1050 or rd 560. Those are double the price. The video doesn't apply here. 

15 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

Buying used is not for everyone. Besides the 750ti is better, but not by much.  And It's hard to find one right now for less than $70.

If you just want to play overwatch or csgo this is perfect.

The point of the video you linked was that the 730 is pointless. It was beat by integrated Intel 530. It was throwing money away. That's not true in this case. The 1030 beats all integrated graphics including 2400g in most cases.  The next card up is the 1050 or rd 560. Those are double the price. The video doesn't apply here. 

1) I said 750, not 750 Ti. The latter totally crushes the 1030. 

2) The next card up in performance is the GTX 750. Then the ENTIRE 900 series.  THEN the 1050.

3) You realize refurbished cards are used, right? Graphics cards are also one of the safest things to buy used too. Aside from physical damage (being dropped, overheating, power surges), it's incredibly rare for them to fail.

4) Beating most iGPU's is NOT a valid reason to spend $70 on a shitty card. 

5) Just this year, I've bought two 750 Ti's for $50 a pop. Someone grabbed it before me, but there was also a 950 for $60. Deals aren't that hard to find if you look locally instead of on eBay. 

I understand you want to defend your post. If the 1030 had reasonable performance compared to the MSRP, the price drop would be a good deal. However, buying a 1030 for more than $40 is a bad financial option. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

7 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

1) I said 750, not 750 Ti. The latter totally crushes the 1030. 

2) The next card up in performance is the GTX 750. Then the ENTIRE 900 series.  THEN the 1050.

3) You realize refurbished cards are used, right? Graphics cards are also one of the safest things to buy used too. Aside from physical damage (being dropped, overheating, power surges), it's incredibly rare for them to fail.

4) Beating most iGPU's is NOT a valid reason to spend $70 on a shitty card. 

5) Just this year, I've bought two 750 Ti's for $50 a pop. Someone grabbed it before me, but there was also a 950 for $60. Deals aren't that hard to find if you look locally instead of on eBay. 

I understand you want to defend your post. If the 1030 had reasonable performance compared to the MSRP, the price drop would be a good deal. However, buying a 1030 for more than $40 is a bad financial option. 

1) From the benchmarks I've seen the 750ti is about 10% better. Not nothing but not "absolutely crushes" either.

2) I have not seen comparisons between the 750 and the 1030. I would love to see them if you have a link. The "entire 900 series" starts at double the price of the 1030.

3) refurbished with a warranty from EVGA is not the same thing as buying a card that was used for 5 years. I have personal experience with cards dying. Check the graphics cards section of the forum. Half the threads are "help my graphics card is dying"

4) if you inherited an optiplex with an i5 2400 and just want to put something in there that will allow you to play overwatch, this is absolutely a solution.

5) again buying used is not for everyone. I would but used of course. But some people just want to order a card and have it come in the mail with a warranty. 

On 3/21/2018 at 9:42 PM, JoostinOnline said:

That's not a good deal. Even a new one isn't worth $70. Go used or go home. 

On 3/21/2018 at 10:01 PM, Sat1600 said:

I need one, and I found a Zotac gt 1030 with a fan for a total of $74 shipped, new from amazon although it is not in stock right now so I will have to wait until april 4 for it to arrive.

On 3/22/2018 at 7:44 AM, Sat1600 said:

1) From the benchmarks I've seen the 750ti is about 10% better. Not nothing but not "absolutely crushes" either.

2) I have not seen comparisons between the 750 and the 1030. I would love to see them if you have a link. The "entire 900 series" starts at double the price of the 1030.

3) refurbished with a warranty from EVGA is not the same thing as buying a card that was used for 5 years. I have personal experience with cards dying. Check the graphics cards section of the forum. Half the threads are "help my graphics card is dying"

4) if you inherited an optiplex with an i5 2400 and just want to put something in there that will allow you to play overwatch, this is absolutely a solution.

5) again buying used is not for everyone. I would but used of course. But some people just want to order a card and have it come in the mail with a warranty. 

8 hours ago, jefire411 said:

I need one, and I found a Zotac gt 1030 with a fan for a total of $74 shipped, new from amazon although it is not in stock right now so I will have to wait until april 4 for it to arrive.

Could have bought a used 750 for around $40 and had better performance. A warranty on a product that has an insanely small chance of failing isn't worth it. 

7 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Could have bought a used 750 for around $40 and had better performance. A warranty on a product that has an insanely small chance of failing isn't worth it. 

It had to be single slot though, and fairly compact without sucking too much power and without needing a power connector. Plus, weird fake GPUs have spammed eBay.

1 hour ago, jefire411 said:

It had to be single slot though, and fairly compact without sucking too much power and without needing a power connector. Plus, weird fake GPUs have spammed eBay.

In that case I can see the purpose.  I think I've only seen one single slot GTX 750 before.

Definitely don't buy from eBay, especially if it ships from China.  They're super overpriced, and China is where almost all the fake ones come from.  You need to buy locally if you want a good deal.