Digital Audio Output

Jamesrzzzz
Go to solution Solved by KenjiUmino,

you mean this?

Ãhnliches Foto

Ãhnliches Foto

that cable looks like it has a mono phone plug on one end and a chinch on the other - however, the chinch input on the speaker is digital only - some soundcards used to output digital audio over a phone plug so that is where this cable would work. it would not work on a normal analog line or phones output jack.

if your speaker system does have the purple "analog in" jack like the one in @themctipers picture then use that one - otherwise use a chinch to chinch cable and on a digital output if you have one or get an analog to digital converter that looks like this:

Bildergebnis für analog to digital audio converter

Hi I recently received a pair of Boston Ba735 on the back of them it says digital in. the cable that connects to the speaker looks like a ps2 cable (like from a old keyboard), on the other side of the cable there is a 3.5 mm jack that  I could plug in to my computer or my phone, when i plug it in nothing happens. Does any one know how to fix this problem, or are these speakers not compatible with my equipment? 

14690997_2.jpg

looks like coaxial in 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

14690997_2.jpg

looks like coaxial in 

I do not have the purple one, the one i have is the black one. this is the cable i have

41OiRc8VoCL._SX425_.jpg

you mean this?

Ãhnliches Foto

Ãhnliches Foto

that cable looks like it has a mono phone plug on one end and a chinch on the other - however, the chinch input on the speaker is digital only - some soundcards used to output digital audio over a phone plug so that is where this cable would work. it would not work on a normal analog line or phones output jack.

if your speaker system does have the purple "analog in" jack like the one in @themctipers picture then use that one - otherwise use a chinch to chinch cable and on a digital output if you have one or get an analog to digital converter that looks like this:

Bildergebnis für analog to digital audio converter