Frame Freezes when gaming, may be GPU?

Okay they are. I have them in the correct slots. Okay so question. The M.2 drive helped, a lot. Though I sitll get these freezes occasionally, not as much though. Knowing that the drive helped do you think you could link that to the potential problem?

@WallacEngineering

25 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

Okay they are. I have them in the correct slots. Okay so question. The M.2 drive helped, a lot. Though I sitll get these freezes occasionally, not as much though. Knowing that the drive helped do you think you could link that to the potential problem?

@WallacEngineering

Possibly, seeing as it helped. Have you been able to push 3000MHz or more out of your RAM to get optimal performance?

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

10 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Possibly, seeing as it helped. Have you been able to push 3000MHz or more out of your RAM to get optimal performance?

No I have not yet, I am going to OC my RAM and CPU today. Didn't have time today, as well as my GPU. Then I'll let you know how everything runs.

20 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

So I overclocked GPU, still havent done RAM and CPU. But everything runs alot smoother with the new drive. Battlerite would get the stutters quite often and now its not as bad, but still does it. So since a new drive helped. do you think it would be the motherboard. Maybe CPU. I overclocked my CPU when I first got it, and my computer crashed once from an unstable OC, do you think that could have damaged it or something?

20 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Okay so I did some more looking online. Some poeple had similiar problems but found fixes that I had already tried.

But I went into open recourse monitor and found this.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-t5VLdfimoA3xh9UVFd4vq0bZDCXWcqR

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xR-VLZReQbxQqYcb3K2WHic02k857c5m

As you can see me 6CPU and 4CPU seem to have a much heavier load than others, dont know it thats off.

I kind of marked some things off to see if that would help narrow it down for you.

THINGS THAT IT IS NOT

-Weak Power (tried different power strips, i have a 850 watt power supply so I think thats enough)

-Hard Drives or SSD's

-GPU, ran multiple stress tests

-Overheating, CPU nor GPU over heat, even have set fan speeds for GPU now

-Ran MEMTEST86 on RAM and nothing showed up, also tried ram individually.

-Its not my OS or any type of software, so it has to be hardware related at this point

-Updated all drivers, uninstalled drivers and what not

THINGS I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO

-Basically replace parts, I havent tried a diff GPU or CPU or MOBO or RAM or power supply

Question, out of all the parts which ones should I try, to see what the culprite is, im not buying anything, I just need to know so I can replace those first with someone elses.

Lemme know

@Jay Deah

On 4/7/2018 at 10:05 AM, CalebWorthy said:

No I have not yet, I am going to OC my RAM and CPU today. Didn't have time today, as well as my GPU. Then I'll let you know how everything runs.

I would go ahead and get that OC done, it will help massively. 2133-2400MHz RAM is slow as a snail, it will heavily bottleneck a high-end CPU.

Get the OC setup before concluding that something is up. I know Cores 4 and 6 seem high in usage over the others but specific cores are set to specific tasks in any application.

The RAM OC may help alleviate this and balance the load between more cores as well.

Current Build Thread:

16 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

I would go ahead and get that OC done, it will help massively. 2133-2400MHz RAM is slow as a snail, it will heavily bottleneck a high-end CPU.

Get the OC setup before concluding that something is up. I know Cores 4 and 6 seem high in usage over the others but specific cores are set to specific tasks in any application.

The RAM OC may help alleviate this and balance the load between more cores as well.

Thanks boss, I will get that done sometime today and let you know how it goes, appreciate the help a lot.

35 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

Thanks boss, I will get that done sometime today and let you know how it goes, appreciate the help a lot.

No problem, you should aim for a MINIMUM of 2800MHz, as 2800MHz is considered ok for a high-end CPU. 3000MHz is pretty good, and 3200MHz is ideal. Pushing beyond 3200MHz can be rough on RAM that has a factory speed of 3000MHz or less, so be wary of voltages.

Also, pushing beyond 3200MHz is  really not necessary at all. Beyond 3200MHz, performance improvements are minimal, and not worth stressing your RAM out for. Try not exceed 1.50V on the RAM. You can technically go higher, but you will risk damage to the board and RAM. 1.40V or lower is ideal.

EDIT: What type of RAM sticks do you have? If you have cheapy value RAM, that may actually be the issue. Cheapy RAM doesn't like to clock any higher than 2400MHz, and the low quality can seriously hinder performance in higher-end systems. Cheap RAM is designed for Pentium, Celeron, and i3-style systems.

Current Build Thread:

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 2:45 PM, WallacEngineering said:

No problem, you should aim for a MINIMUM of 2800MHz, as 2800MHz is considered ok for a high-end CPU. 3000MHz is pretty good, and 3200MHz is ideal. Pushing beyond 3200MHz can be rough on RAM that has a factory speed of 3000MHz or less, so be wary of voltages.

Also, pushing beyond 3200MHz is  really not necessary at all. Beyond 3200MHz, performance improvements are minimal, and not worth stressing your RAM out for. Try not exceed 1.50V on the RAM. You can technically go higher, but you will risk damage to the board and RAM. 1.40V or lower is ideal.

EDIT: What type of RAM sticks do you have? If you have cheapy value RAM, that may actually be the issue. Cheapy RAM doesn't like to clock any higher than 2400MHz, and the low quality can seriously hinder performance in higher-end systems. Cheap RAM is designed for Pentium, Celeron, and i3-style systems.

I never got a notification that you responded, even though its been about 20 days, my ram is Gskill, it was about 220 dollars, not cheap, for 2 sticks of 8gb, 16gb in all. BUt i got the new m.2 drive and everything runs well.

10 hours ago, CalebWorthy said:

I never got a notification that you responded, even though its been about 20 days, my ram is Gskill, it was about 220 dollars, not cheap, for 2 sticks of 8gb, 16gb in all. BUt i got the new m.2 drive and everything runs well.

Well excellent, glad it worked out. Yea, I would be surprised if nicer G.Skill RAM was a problem, they make very good RAM. I would just check the operating speed in BIOS. Aim for 2800 minimum.

Other than that, sounds like you have everything under control!

Current Build Thread: