Frame Freezes when gaming, may be GPU?

1 minute ago, WallacEngineering said:

Yep, both your CPU and GPU need to.be maxed out. Tomorrow when you wake up, just observe for about 10 minutes before screen shotting and shutting the tests down. Look for freezing and other symptoms like yours. Then we move on to stressing each component individually. Have a good night!

Will do, I appreciate all the help. I will do that. Once I wake up, then will finish doom download and do the same. Thanks. Have a good night.

Edit one last thing, do my displays need to be on?

Try disable vsync from nvidia control panel and game settings, or you can try display > display adapter propertise > monitor and set your monitor to lower refresh rate and see if it helps.

2 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

Will do, I appreciate all the help. I will do that. Once I wake up, then will finish doom download and do the same. Thanks. Have a good night.

Edit one last thing, do my displays need to be on?

Nope, the PC will think that they are on

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

Just now, Ryan Hz said:

Try disable vsync from nvidia control panel and game settings, or you can try display > display adapter propertise > monitor and set your monitor to lower refresh rate and see if it helps.

So I have disabled vsync, and also have tried playing on a diff monitor, and maxing my refresh rate to 60, but that didn't help at all :/

Just now, WallacEngineering said:

Cool, gonan leave it on, thanks!

Ok. So I watched those videos. That is not a dip in FPS, that’s a full on freeze. It won’t be caused by internet so you can cross that off.

i believe it’s more likely to be software than hardware. Hardware is possible but highly unlikely.

first things first turn all the over clocks off and leave everything on stock. You need to return your system to as close to ‘known good’ as possible to eliminate as many possibilities as possible. I’d even go as far as resetting bios to default settings.

it looks to me that some kind of inteript is kicking in and freezing stuff. What other devices are connected to your system, any pci-e cards? USB devices?

and what about hdds... what drives do you have connected and via what interfaces? A crap hard drive can also cause similar issues like this. Any raid setup? 

and do you ever find you get freezes outside of games? Say on the desktop when you’re wiggling your nose does it freeze for a moment occasionally?

the way cpus and gpu is work means they don’t/can’t really freeze up, so it’s something else causing your problems. RMAing hardware is pointless if you don’t know which component (if any!) is faukty

3 hours ago, Jay Deah said:

Ok. So I watched those videos. That is not a dip in FPS, that’s a full on freeze. It won’t be caused by internet so you can cross that off.

i believe it’s more likely to be software than hardware. Hardware is possible but highly unlikely.

first things first turn all the over clocks off and leave everything on stock. You need to return your system to as close to ‘known good’ as possible to eliminate as many possibilities as possible. I’d even go as far as resetting bios to default settings.

it looks to me that some kind of inteript is kicking in and freezing stuff. What other devices are connected to your system, any pci-e cards? USB devices?

and what about hdds... what drives do you have connected and via what interfaces? A crap hard drive can also cause similar issues like this. Any raid setup? 

and do you ever find you get freezes outside of games? Say on the desktop when you’re wiggling your nose does it freeze for a moment occasionally?

the way cpus and gpu is work means they don’t/can’t really freeze up, so it’s something else causing your problems. RMAing hardware is pointless if you don’t know which component (if any!) is faukty

Ok so I will answer everything.

-All my overclocks have been turned off. So I am not overclocking anything.

-I have my Logitech G933 connected wirelessly via USB. Then the obvious mouse and keyboard.I dont know what you mean by PCI-E cards so I am guessing I do not have that.

-I have a Kingstron SSD connected via SATA. I have a HDD connected Via SATA. And no raid setup, because I dont even know what that is.

- I do feel I get freezes outside of my desktop, sometimes watching youtube or twitch, I cant feel for sure though.

Note - I have already went out and bought another SSD and it did the same thing. I downloaded a game and that was it and played it, same issue.

9 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

I let it run, I slept 10 hours somehow so it was running that whole time.

The Valley was not running well, ony giving about 15 FPS for some reason so I went and downloaded FUR mark, let that run instead. All night.

Here are screenshots.

Also I did notice some little stutters in the display when its was running furmark, HOWEVER, my GPU was at like 90-100%, and it does this on a game that take 8% of my GPU usage so I dont know.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qRIA4Yg9xV-ISm-khT674MUMflzkKbrn

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TBHVC5NcHQwWRz1PBHDvVJIVuWB8O9io

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hC9A7db4lUzZvN9pgPv_kYIhJhPdi1_u

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1omXveumPFgyLRhg7wO_UWevNohwefq2Y

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BVYaBoIhX8Oll3BEmUCaXkRemr7iB7DX

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kJ5bYUCBZ_-N1hCJjCP8DwQounwlDwFA

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k-fZHYFFvF2O3iCf9RI3yQsvKwr_1WUe

1 hour ago, CalebWorthy said:

I let it run, I slept 10 hours somehow so it was running that whole time...

Alright well your GPU is definitely running a tad too hot but other than that everyrhing seems normal. Also, how come all those screen shots were just FurMark? How about Prime95 and your CPU temps?

Current Build Thread:

1 hour ago, WallacEngineering said:

Alright well your GPU is definitely running a tad too hot but other than that everyrhing seems normal. Also, how come all those screen shots were just FurMark? How about Prime95 and your CPU temps?

In the second link, my CPU temps are there. Prime95 was running in the background the whole time, just had it minimized.

1 hour ago, CalebWorthy said:

In the second link, my CPU temps are there. Prime95 was running in the background the whole time, just had it minimized.

Ok I found it now. CPU temps are much better.

Ok, so now you want to run FurMark and Prime 95 each individually. You will still want your sensors running to monitor for any unusual behavior. Play a video or something on youtube during each stress test. Look for the freezing and studdering once again. Hopefully we can narrow this down.

If both tests pass without freezing, then I am out of ideas, and it is purely due to the games themselves or other software issues. You did say you installed those incorrect Z270 drivers, so perhaps its time to start over with fresh Windows install one more time since you know what you are doing now?

Also dont forget MemTest86, definitely worth checking out your RAM.

Unfortunately theres no way to truly clean up Windows registry after a bunch of incorrect installs, you will never find every single file, so wipe the SSD and start over. Maybe with the new BIOS + new drivers, you will have better luck?

Whatever you do, dont going blowing anbunch of money on new hardware. You will hate yourself for it later on. Instead, contact ASUS (Mobo), Intel (CPU), GPU Manufacturer, and game developers for further trobleshooting.

Current Build Thread:

12 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Ok, so now you want to run FurMark and Prime 95 each individually. You will still want your sensors running to monitor for any unusual behavior. Play a video or something on youtube during each stress test. Look for the freezing and studdering once again. Hopefully we can narrow this down.

If both tests pass without freezing, then I am out of ideas, and it is purely due to the games themselves or other software issues. You did say you installed those incorrect Z270 drivers, so perhaps its time to start over with fresh Windows install one more time since you know what you are doing now?

Unfortunately theres no way to truly clean up Windows registry after a bunch of incorrect installs, you will never find every single file, so wipe the SSD and start over. Maybe with the new BIOS + new drivers, you will have better luck?

Whatever you do, dont going blowing anbunch of money on new hardware. You will hate yourself for it later on. Instead, contact ASUS (Mobo), Intel (CPU), GPU Manufacturer, and game developers for further trobleshooting.

here are my PC specs narrowed down if you want to look with the program speccy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/164Lc1e2S9qN9SHC-ZOONPDFc--0MbFqx/view

but I will try taht right now.

29 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Okay so, the videos and chrome in itself does run slower with Prime95, youtube videos are a little choppy, what should I do now. Gonna run MemTest right now.

26 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

Okay so, the videos and chrome in itself does run slower with Prime95, youtube videos are a little choppy, what should I do now. Gonna run MemTest right now.

Well, after you run all the tests, if you dont experience freezing, then its software (specifically the games themselves), and there not much else any of us can do for you

Current Build Thread:

2 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Well, after you run all the tests, if you dont experience freezing, then its software (specifically the games themselves), and there not much else any of us can do for you

Oh no, I experience it in everything, I see it in youtube and twitch some times, most in games though. Do you think it could have anything to do with my monitor or power or anything like that?

24 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

Oh no, I experience it in everything, I see it in youtube and twitch some times, most in games though. Do you think it could have anything to do with my monitor or power or anything like that?

Im not sure at this point, we have checked everything I can think of. Like I said, wipe your SSD and go with a fresh install of Windows since you installed those incorrect drivers. This time, be sure you get the Z370-E drivers.

I highly doubt its the monitors or power delivery, that just doesn't make any sense considering your symptoms.

From there, theres nothing else I can do to help. Dont forget to contact CPU, Mobo, and GPU Manufacturers along with game support before doing RMAs or replacing parts.

Best of luck to you! I hope you get something figured out!

Current Build Thread:

22 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Im not sure at this point, we have checked everything I can think of. Like I said, wipe your SSD and go with a fresh install of Windows since you installed those incorrect drivers. This time, be sure you get the Z370-E drivers.

I highly doubt its the monitors or power delivery, that just doesn't make any sense considering your symptoms.

From there, theres nothing else I can do to help. Dont forget to contact CPU, Mobo, and GPU Manufacturers along with game support before doing RMAs or replacing parts.

Best of luck to you! I hope you get something figured out!

Yes, that was my next step.

Also, one last question. I downloaded Sea of Thieves, a new game that game out, and that game is experiencing the same issues. But like a month ago in Beta, it was not. So do you know of any major updates that just screwed up something. Or maybe what in the world would randomly start fucking all of my games. Like none of my games did this when I first built it.

39 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

Yes, that was my next step.

Also, one last question. I downloaded Sea of Thieves, a new game that game out, and that game is experiencing the same issues. But like a month ago in Beta, it was not. So do you know of any major updates that just screwed up something. Or maybe what in the world would randomly start fucking all of my games. Like none of my games did this when I first built it.

Could be a driver update, windows update, game update. Who knows, like I said at this point its going to be tough to figure out, which is why I say start contacting people.

Current Build Thread:

27 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

Could be a driver update, windows update, game update. Who knows, like I said at this point its going to be tough to figure out, which is why I say start contacting people.

Hm okay, which one do you think I should contact first. CPU, GPU or Motherboard.

7 hours ago, CalebWorthy said:

Hm okay, which one do you think I should contact first. CPU, GPU or Motherboard.

Doesn't matter. Order of contacts wont affect anything.

Current Build Thread:

5 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Doesn't matter. Order of contacts wont affect anything.

Okay, I have a friend who has a computer that he doesnt use often, willing to let me switch out parts to test for hardware, any reccomendations for what to switch out?

Hard drive first 100%

with fresh install of windows, re/formatted and everything.

kills lots of birds with one stone

58 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

Okay, I have a friend who has a computer that he doesnt use often, willing to let me switch out parts to test for hardware, any reccomendations for what to switch out?

Uh try the CPU and GPU. If its not software then its probably one of those two. It has to be another Z370 sysyem to work though

Current Build Thread:

7 hours ago, WallacEngineering said:

Uh try the CPU and GPU. If its not software then its probably one of those two. It has to be another Z370 sysyem to work though

Okay so I emailed asus support, this is what they told me to do...

1. Insert one model# of memory with maximum population
  2. Update latest drivers all devices, especially Nvidia drivers
  3. Reset the CMOS of the computer.
  4. Clean the fans and heat sinks in the computer. A can of Compressed air should do the job.
  5. Change RAM
  6. Change SSD to HDDe
  7. Change GPU 

I dont even know what number 1 is, or 3, but everything else I do.

10 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

Okay so I emailed asus support, this is what they told me to do...

1. Insert one model# of memory with maximum population
  2. Update latest drivers all devices, especially Nvidia drivers
  3. Reset the CMOS of the computer.
  4. Clean the fans and heat sinks in the computer. A can of Compressed air should do the job.
  5. Change RAM
  6. Change SSD to HDDe
  7. Change GPU 

I dont even know what number 1 is, or 3, but everything else I do.

So #1 means use one stick of RAM at a time in one slot, they are basically suggesting that you may have bad RAM or a bad RAM slot. The one stick at a time idea is a good troubleshooting step.

#3 is resetting BIOS basically, but CMOS clearing is a bit different. You simply turn off the PC, switch off the power supply, unplug the AC cord, and then pull the battery out of the motherboard. Wait 5 minutes for power to bleed out, then put it back in and fire the PC up again.

Current Build Thread: