Frame Freezes when gaming, may be GPU?

Okay. Here is the run down. I am running on a PC I build in January, early. It is very nice. Here are the Specs.

1080 Ti
8700k i7
16 GB Ram
Dual Monitor Setup
Corsair 850 Watt Power Supply
Water Cooled CPU
Asus ROG Strix 370z or 270 cant remember
4 TB HDD
240GB SSD

So basically, I have overclocked both my GPU and CPU, but I set them back to default because it is not much needed. However on games like Fornite and League of Legends I will get random frame drops. And they aren't bad, theyre like from 144 to 90, because i have a 144 HZ monitor. However when it does drop that low the screen freezes for a second. Here are some pictures.

The first image is with one monitor only.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gEBSTarX9ScZBVQKKzQol...

These are with 2
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z1cz9rfsSxshhnakZL_s4...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=127Yfsqk-PQRcq6F914v6R...

Those are both on fortnite.

So the things I have tried so far is uninstalling graphics drivers. Putting the games that have problems on my SSD. Turning every other program off. Using Razer Cortex or other applications to boost my RAM. Using one monitor only. Im not one who will have a problem then whine about it and not look for a solution. I have been digging and trying for a solution for about a month almost every day.

If anyone has any idea let me know, if you want me to download a program and run it and monitor my usage and FPS I will do that. Don't know what else to try. And its annoying in fortnite because i'll get into a fight and my screen will freeze.

Another note. Battlefront 2, runs perfect at about 70-90 FPS on ultra. yet when I get frame drops in that game say from, 90 FPS to a sudden 60, there is no screen freeze or lag. It's just a typical frame drop.

These Freezes last about 1 second. 

Any other questions let me know and I will answer immediatley.

This computer was about 2.5k so I would want it to run at its best.

SIDE NOTE ----

New things I've tried.

Wiping hard drives

Reinstalling windows

Getting a new SSD

Overclocking

Disabling geforce experience in game overlay

disabling windows 10 game bar

disabling a ton of other things that could hinder the gameplay

tried game booster

NOTE -

There is a game called battlerite, its uses about 20% of my GPU, well the game stutters now too. same thing, GPU Usage randomly drops, could it be internet? Been trying to fix this problem for about a month and a half. Thanks

It could be your internet, all of these are online games and your PC should easily manage 144Hz in all of them.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Whilst I can’t tell you what it is. I can tell you what it isn’t... it’s not the gpu

some other thing is causing your system to freeze up. More than likely some other software on your PC sitting in the background or a buggy driver for something.

9 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It could be your internet, all of these are online games and your PC should easily manage 144Hz in all of them.

Oh yeah definitley, my computer is brand new, its a beast for sure. Do you have any idea of somethings I can try or something?

@Crunchy Dragon

56 minutes ago, Jay Deah said:

Whilst I can’t tell you what it is. I can tell you what it isn’t... it’s not the gpu

some other thing is causing your system to freeze up. More than likely some other software on your PC sitting in the background or a buggy driver for something.

A monitor doesnt have drivers does it? As well as anything else I can try to update or something?

No monitor Don’t really.

if you have the patience I’d would try a FrESH windows install the. Install nothing but the drivers and the game and see if it still happens. It shouldn’t.

then add all your crap a bit at a time and see what software starts breaking it.

1 minute ago, Jay Deah said:

No monitor Don’t really.

if you have the patience I’d would try a FrESH windows install the. Install nothing but the drivers and the game and see if it still happens. It shouldn’t.

then add all your crap a bit at a time and see what software starts breaking it.

Unfortunatley that has been done. I did that, fresh install. Installed my driver for GPU and the game and played it. Same issue.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Which dirvers for my motherboard do I really need? Although I dont think that would affect anything.

2 hours ago, Jay Deah said:

No monitor Don’t really.

Would it be because I have a 60Hz monitor running through HDMI and a 144hz running through display port?

Nope. Display output doesn’t cause any possible variation of the symptoms you describe

5 hours ago, Jay Deah said:

Nope. Display output doesn’t cause any possible variation of the symptoms you describe

What can I try.

On 3/21/2018 at 12:41 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Got any things I can do? @Crunchy Dragon

15 minutes ago, CalebWorthy said:

Got any things I can do? @Crunchy Dragon

Unfortunately no, I'm out of ideas.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Unfortunately no, I'm out of ideas.

Im just gonna start replacing parts, what do you think that I should replace first?

1 hour ago, CalebWorthy said:

Im just gonna start replacing parts, what do you think that I should replace first?

That's probably not the best option, but you could try and exchange your RAM for a different kit(assuming it's in warranty).

Please take a video on your phone of what’s happening and post it here before you spend any more money. Honestly I doubt you have a hardware problem!

3 hours ago, Jay Deah said:

Please take a video on your phone of what’s happening and post it here before you spend any more money. Honestly I doubt you have a hardware problem!

I can record it? With a recording software? Is that okay?

5 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That's probably not the best option, but you could try and exchange your RAM for a different kit(assuming it's in warranty).

I dont know what else to do, it was an expensive computer so i just want it to work right.

3 hours ago, Jay Deah said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v97QXV5mvKldl--YWjQi1azNadgzqhZV

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qHlFFXLvx-F2dn46_qryD2XRURfPV3un

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rwpZvw5KDr_i8CEK0_BTT8yHa9NHYN3l

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Ywnx_mH1Hc3Bv1v_9BW_8TeJgYQFD51

@CalebWorthy

Have you downloaded any stress-testing software and monitoring software to test the system?

I would suggest you do this and stress both CPU and GPU to see if temps are getting too high or if the issue repeats itself.

If your temps are spiking above 80C, you could be throttleing and throttleing while stressing can cause freezing.

- Just a thought.

Top-Tier Air-Cooled Gaming PC

Current Build Thread:

1 hour ago, WallacEngineering said:

@CalebWorthy

Have you downloaded any stress-testing software and monitoring software to test the system?

I would suggest you do this and stress both CPU and GPU to see if temps are getting too high or if the issue repeats itself.

If your temps are spiking above 80C, you could be throttleing and throttleing while stressing can cause freezing.

- Just a thought.

@CalebWorthy

P.S. This ^ will tell you if the problem is hardware or software based.

If you can stress test the CPU and GPU with no freezing or throttling, then its the games themselves seeing as you have tested everything else.

Current Build Thread:

12 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

@CalebWorthy

P.S. This ^ will tell you if the problem is hardware or software based.

If you can stress test the CPU and GPU with no freezing or throttling, then its the games themselves seeing as you have tested everything else.

Okay so let me give you as much info as possible.

When I first built the computer I stress tested everything, I overclocked everything. And tested a bunch. So I did alot. Once the issues showed up, I stopped. 

Lately I have been stress testing to make sure everything ran smoothly, and I got pretty good scores on 3Dmark to make sure. I got 8200 on timespy, I think thats good for my build.

At first I thought this was internet issues, but then in the game League of Legends, Im sure you have heard of that, it started showing up, I have been playing League for over 6 years and I know for a fact these little stutters or freezes I am getting is not internet related becaseu that is not How League deals with lag.

Also if you want me to run anything/send you a vid of anything let me know.

So to answer your question I have ran stress tests. My GPU sits at the factory reccomended 80-84c on intense games. I even made the fan speed higher to see if it was throttling at that temp but it was not the issue.

My CPU sits at 60 or below. Not overclcoked.

The thing that makes me think it could maybe be CPU issues is that look here in this screenshot,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pXHEZEYxYI9sHIq3ZLQXjTkmR08cEUpa

My CPU4 usage is so much higher than everything else.

Here is another one with the drops.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BEOWOrz8FNPNy1uqRMNSaeFcX0PwmGwW

These FPS drops arent even bad, but when it happens it just freezes. So stuck on what to do.

You should try to update the motherboard bios 8th gen seems to have issues solved by bios updates, also it most certainly isnt a gpu issue, most likely the cpu, you could also try to adjust voltage settings for the cpu but just a little more than what its already getting, proceed with caution cpu voltage can cause more issues if done improperly.

Just now, Yashmit said:

You should try to update the motherboard bios 8th gen seems to have issues solved by bios updates, also it most certainly isnt a gpu issue, most likely the cpu, you could also try to adjust voltage settings for the cpu but just a little more than what its already getting, proceed with caution cpu voltage can cause more issues if done improperly.

I have Asus 370e, I think I just updated my motherboard, dont know what you mean by 8th gen, what is that?

Just now, CalebWorthy said:

I have Asus 370e, I think I just updated my motherboard, dont know what you mean by 8th gen, what is that?

He means Intel 8000 series CPUs

Current Build Thread:

4 minutes ago, WallacEngineering said:

He means Intel 8000 series CPUs

Hm so how would I do that, also I replied to your post with some screenshots.

Edit, im stupid I know what you mean I just did that a few days ago. I think I might try doing a diff cpu or something. Dunno.