Alright this is gonna sound comepletely stupid. But I built me a PC about a year ago and instead of going air cooling i got a free water cooling kit (Radiator, CPU block, Pump, Resevoir, Tubing). I know how to put everything together that to me is easy as baking a cake. BUT! i pour water in my loop and i dont REALLY know how to start my pump and get my water through my loop. i know you can jump start your 24 pin buy getting a paper clip and putting it in the green cable and any black cable, but how do i jump start the pump. If i have the 24 pin out of the motherboard where do i put the pump cable. 

If you have a link to buy a external AC/DC adapter for a pump to start it that would help. OR a video on what im asking. I have searches youtube and havent been able to find any video of the sort.

And this is the pump I use below.....

http://www.performance-pcs.com/phobya-dc12-260-pwm-12volt-pump.html

Plug the molex into the PSU, if the 24 pin is jumped, as long as the PSU is on then it should start. 

just fill the res, turn the PSU on, let it empty out, turn it off, refill, and repeat.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

my pump doesnt have a molex? And if im just ignorant on what a molex is i dont know where i woul put the molex into on the PSU

2 minutes ago, creedism said:

my pump doesnt have a molex? And if im just ignorant on what a molex is i dont know where i woul put the molex into on the PSU

12ACC770-365B-49D8-B5E2-298A694CB40E.jpeg

Molex connector

That is what my cable looks like on my pump. XDDD is their something im not getting still? sorryRelated image

2 minutes ago, creedism said:

That is what my cable looks like on my pump. XDDD is their something im not getting still? sorryRelated image

That directly plugs into the motherboard fan header. Personally I would run it off the PSU with an adapter as even the 260 pump that you have would be maxing out the amperage of fan header on the motherboard. 

Something like that works, yeah. Personally, I have an old NZXT Sentry 3 that I use if i need to run fans/pumps off of fan headers for such purposes, but as long as the adapter you have has a molex male plug and gives you a 4-pin female connector, you're good.

if you don't want to spend the $$, you CAN run your system without water in it if 
a) you're confident it won't leak, and/or thoroughly cover all potential leak points

b) have relatively modern (last 4 years or so) hardware that won't overheat if you just sit in the BIOS, even with a waterblock and no water.

however, that is NOT ideal or recommended. you could leak and get dmg, overheat if you're not careful, and either would end up having to boot cycle a lot to fill up, or be manually pulling the pump header out of the board during operation, which is not recommended (although i've hot-plugged fans/pumps before with no issue, i still cannot recommend it)

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

I will just get the adapter and plug my female connector on my pump into the male adapter on this molex to fan header and than plug that into my mother board, I might have had this adapter before but i have no clue where it is.

you jump You're psu with the plug and either use a molex adapter or a sata adapter then you fill the system. real easy.

id get some mobo Header Splitters too...some are pretty lacking in Headers and need the splitters. 

4 hours ago, creedism said:

Would this be the correct adapter?

Yes that would work, it will run the pump at full 12V speed.