I need help with choosing OC, TI or AD

Hey i'm trying to figure out which graphics card i'm going to buy, my amd sapphire radeon hd 7950 is getting a little old especially after my second one died a few weeks after the warranty went out (coincidence?).

But this time i want to switch over to NVIDIA since my experience with amd isnt that good, so i thought i'll just buy a 1070 since for me that's an affordable card that packs a punch, but as i go to my countrys form of amazon for tech (Komplett)

to look at Asus's GeForce GTX 1070 ROG Strix Gaming but then i see that its an OC-Edition, does this just mean its overclocked out of the box? it costs around 5 799 nok (750$), but then i go to look at ASUS Geforce GTX 1070 Ti ROG Strix that is 100 nok (13$) cheaper for some reason and then i see that there is an advanced edition of the TI for 600nok (80$) more. i've tried to look for whats the best and if the TI Advanced edition is really worth the 600 nok.

From all the reviews i've seen they say that the 1070 IT is basically a 1080 after overclocking but i'm just not sure. i've tried to look at the speck sheets at the site and it says that the 1070 OC has better clockspeed out of the box but then again i dont know if that is because its sold already overclocked. 

Any conformations would be helpful :) 

-Julian

Of edition means it is factory overclocked out of the box. Good luck!

Go for a 1070Ti over any 1070

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

but what about normal TI and Advanced edition TI? is it worth 80$ more?

27 minutes ago, GamerForFun said:

to look at Asus's GeForce GTX 1070 ROG Strix Gaming but then i see that its an OC-Edition, does this just mean its overclocked out of the box?

That's exactly what it means.

27 minutes ago, GamerForFun said:

From all the reviews i've seen they say that the 1070 IT is basically a 1080 after overclocking but i'm just not sure. i've tried to look at the speck sheets at the site and it says that the 1070 OC has better clockspeed out of the box but then again i dont know if that is because its sold already overclocked. 

The 1070 might have a faster clock speed out of the box than a 1070TI, but that doesnt mean its faster, the 1070TI for example has more CUDA Cores. It's like comparing CPU's, higher clocked quad core CPU's lose to slightly lower clocked six core CPU's (ignoring hyper-threading/SMT)

the 1070ti is worth getting over the 1070, however with the 10 series of GPU's, it's not always recommended to buy "OC" editions because the GPU will usually overclock itself with some small tweaks as long as you have a good cooler like the STRIX.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That's exactly what it means.

The 1070 might have a faster clock speed out of the box than a 1070TI, but that doesnt mean its faster, the 1070TI for example has more CUDA Cores. It's like comparing CPU's, higher clocked quad core CPU's lose to slightly lower clocked six core CPU's (ignoring hyper-threading/SMT)

the 1070ti is worth getting over the 1070, however with the 10 series of GPU's, it's not always recommended to buy "OC" editions because the GPU will usually overclock itself with some small tweaks as long as you have a good cooler like the STRIX.

but is the TI Advanced worth the 80$ more or is it sorta the same as an OC? I dont know that much about graphics cards so i just want to be sure i dont get ripped off 

-Julian

1 minute ago, GamerForFun said:

but is the TI Advanced worth the 80$ more or is it sorta the same as an OC? I dont know that much about graphics cards so i just want to be sure i dont get ripped off 

-Julian

The TI uses a cut down version of a 1080. The physical processors between a 1070 and a 1070ti are actually different.

AS to whether it's worth getting a 1070ti over a 1070 for $80, I guess that kkinda depends on what kind of games you want to play and the settings you want to run them at. Overall the 1070ti will be able to hold games at 60fps longer simply because it's more powerful.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The TI uses a cut down version of a 1080. The physical processors between a 1070 and a 1070ti are actually different.

AS to whether it's worth getting a 1070ti over a 1070 for $80, I guess that kkinda depends on what kind of games you want to play and the settings you want to run them at. Overall the 1070ti will be able to hold games at 60fps longer simply because it's more powerful.

No they are both TI

I'll add the links to where i buy them, a lot will be in Norwegian but you can use the translate in Crome to change it 

Advanced edition: https://www.komplett.no/product/960298/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/skjermkort/asus-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-rog-strix#

TI Normal: https://www.komplett.no/product/960296/datautstyr/pc-komponenter/skjermkort/asus-geforce-gtx-1070-ti-rog-strix#

i've looked at their sheets and it says that there is almost no difference between them. Their clock speeds are almost the same, cuda cores are the same, the only difference i could find was that the normal one has "2.5-slot Fan Cooler" and the AD does not :/