[updated] Telegram is now banned in Russia. Government organisation blocks itself in attempts to block Telegram. [NEW] It is not about surveillance!

Message added by PCGuy_5960

Political discussion is not allowed as per the CS and this thread has nothing to do with the Russian election.

-Thread Cleaned-

44 minutes ago, Denis Rakhmanov said:

Interesting question. I hope not. Durov lives in Dubai and i don't think it has extradition policy with Russia.

I would think Russian government would try to assassinate him rather than have a trial.

That would be an effective way of sending a message. :P

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Russian internet publishers got access to the letter from RosKomNadzor to ISPs explaining that they added their own IPs to the list of banned IPs and asked ISPs to unblock them. I don't know if you will be satisfied with Russian source: https://geektimes.ru/company/nag/blog/300073/

Sorry for bad Ingrish

This story just keeps getting dumber and dumber, I love it, Hope he is checking his food for polonium though 

2 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

This story just keeps getting dumber and dumber

Head of RosKomNadzor said today that he is looking towards banning Facebook as well.

All while banks have problem processing transactions, VK(biggest russian social network, read - russian facebook) mostly down. one food store chain out of business etc., etc.

Sorry for bad Ingrish

3 minutes ago, Denis Rakhmanov said:

Head of RosKomNadzor said today that he is looking towards banning Facebook as well.

All while banks have problem processing transactions, VK(biggest russian social network, read - russian facebook) mostly down. one food store chain out of business etc., etc.

...I mena i figured WW3 would destroy the Russian government but if they want revolt and internet access to do em in im all for it. 

On 3/22/2018 at 3:58 PM, RorzNZ said:

I don't get it, why don't they just read the telegrams when they are in the postal service?

Its morse code shouldn't be too hard, but its nice that its still encrypted. 

That's some next-level carpal tunnel if you ask me lol. I play osu! and know that for a fact xD

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

[UPDATE 20 of April] It is now known that real reason behind banning telegram was not the fact that it declined to cooperate with russian government but the fact that Durov is planning to launch his own cryptocurrency (it already gathered more than billion dollars in ICO). Russian government is afraid that it can disrupt the market. Once again i am deeply sorry for providing russian news source, i'll try to post English source as well when i find one:

https://www.rbc.ru/technology_and_media/20/04/2018/5ad8c53a9a7947ec8d8c1ed5?from=main

Sorry for bad Ingrish