Xbox one bluetooth headphones via usb adapter

Vx0x

I was wondering if you could connect a usb bluetooth adapter to an xbox one s to use with bluetooth headphones. Does anyone know if this will work?

The xbox has bluetooth capabilities. So you could try pairing them with your console. Otherwise no.

The geek himself.

I am pretty sure that the xbox does not have the capability to do sound via usb or via Bluetooth.

2 hours ago, lieder1987 said:

I am pretty sure that the xbox does not have the capability to do sound via usb or via Bluetooth.

:/

3 hours ago, Being Delirious said:

The xbox has bluetooth capabilities. So you could try pairing them with your console. Otherwise no.

The console doesn't. The controller does though. That's why you can use it wireless with a pc.

2 minutes ago, Vx0x said:

:/

The console doesn't. The controller does though. That's why you can use it wireless with a pc.

The console has its own Bluetooth model to connect the controllers otherwise the controllers would not connect.

The geek himself.

6 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

The console has its own Bluetooth model to connect the controllers otherwise the controllers would not connect.

The xbox one s controllers works with the original xbox one,which do not have any bluetooth integration... And you can also connect the original xbox one controllers,which do not feature bluetooth, to the xbox one s.....

1 hour ago, Vx0x said:

The Xbox one Wireless Windows adaptor actually comes up as a networking device in device manager for reasons only known to Microsoft

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

5 hours ago, Vx0x said:

I was wondering if you could connect a usb bluetooth adapter to an xbox one s to use with bluetooth headphones. Does anyone know if this will work?

The old PS3 you could connect a generic bluetooth headset to but you could only send chat to it not full game sounds.  From my experience using bluetooth headsets for full sound on a pc and on a mobile there's so much lag latency it's not worth it

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

The newer model controllers have an audio port to plug in a headset (you need some adapter on the launch versions I think). If you headset doesn't have a wired option, then I don't think you have any options. If you only want audio and no mic, you could connect to your TV if it supports bluetooth audio.

On 3/23/2018 at 2:35 AM, ono said:

The newer model controllers have an audio port to plug in a headset (you need some adapter on the launch versions I think). If you headset doesn't have a wired option, then I don't think you have any options. If you only want audio and no mic, you could connect to your TV if it supports bluetooth audio.

They have a 3.5mm cable that I can plug into the controller. I just thought that it would be cool to connect it via bluetooth.