ACER KG271B or Predator?

Hi all, 

I am looking at buying this monitor and wondered if anyone had already got it or can help me out with any of the specs and let me know if it looks good.

(https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077NM6L7J/?coliid=I3G92MX9PRT87T&colid=9NV01O731GPF&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)

I already have a Acer KG271 which is a 27" 75hz Monitor with FreeSync. However, this is causing me problems due to screen tearing when playing my favourite games. (I have a Nvidia Card)

The KG271B also has freesync but i presume i'd be okay in terms of screen tearing due to the 240hz on the monitor.

This should stop the tearing right?

I thought this would be a good monitor to get since i can have a dual monitor setup and have two of the same looking monitors, but they would just have different specs. 

I could game on one and have the other monitor for looking at discord and other smaller, less important tasks.

The other main thing i like about this monitor is the price tag, I wouldn't really want to push much past £350 GBP and this seems like it fits right in to that budget with everything i could want.

Or should i not bother with a monitor like this and try and work towards something along the lines of an acer predator monitor such as this one?

(https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AJTVBU4/?coliid=I3B5B0HJ8ONQ7U&colid=9NV01O731GPF&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)

I'm in the UK, PC Specs in bio,

If suggesting anything else it should be at least 27", 144hz+, Black, 1080p

Thanks for your help.

Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic  CPUi7-7700k (4.8ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Case Fans: 5x ML120 RGB / 2x LL120  GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (3200mhz) Storage: 2x 1TB SG Barracuda, 128gb BiWin M.2 SSD PSU: Corsair RM650x OS: Windows 10 

7 minutes ago, Jaminahat said:

The KG271B also has freesync but i presume i'd be okay in terms of screen tearing due to the 240hz on the monitor.

This should stop the tearing right?

no

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

no

I never reach over 240fps on a game?

Or have i got the wrong end of the stick? Could you explain further?

Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic  CPUi7-7700k (4.8ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Case Fans: 5x ML120 RGB / 2x LL120  GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (3200mhz) Storage: 2x 1TB SG Barracuda, 128gb BiWin M.2 SSD PSU: Corsair RM650x OS: Windows 10 

11 minutes ago, Jaminahat said:

I never reach over 240fps on a game?

Or have i got the wrong end of the stick? Could you explain further?

the problem that create screen tearing in the first place is that the monitor is refreshing at a static refresh rate while the GPU is delivering the frames at an unconsistent rate...so the monitor is constantly showing partially rendered frames, again and again and again...and it will keep doing that even if you have a 700hz monitor...the only way to eliminate screen tearing is to have the monitor refresh only when a new full frame is ready to be drawn on the screen...to achieve that you only have 2 choices...Gsync or Freesync.

The other option is to use Vsync which will limit your GPU to match the refresh rate of the monitor, but if you do that on a 240hz monitor the framerate will always be lower than that 240hz and you will still get screen tearing and stutters.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

24 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

the problem that create screen tearing in the first place is that the monitor is refreshing at a static refresh rate while the GPU is delivering the frames at an unconsistent rate...so the monitor is constantly showing partially rendered frames, again and again and again...and it will keep doing that even if you have a 700hz monitor...the only way to eliminate screen tearing is to have the monitor refresh only when a new full frame is ready to be drawn on the screen...to achieve that you only have 2 choices...Gsync or Freesync.

The other option is to use Vsync which will limit your GPU to match the refresh rate of the monitor, but if you do that on a 240hz monitor the framerate will always be lower than that 240hz and you will still get screen tearing and stutters.

Okay that makes sense to me, so unfortunately for me if i want good framerates without screen tear im going to have to fork out a fortune for a G-Sync monitor? :(

Edit: So is the second monitor i listed a good choice? Or would you recommend something else if i needed G-Sync?

2 hours ago, Jaminahat said:

Okay that makes sense to me, so unfortunately for me if i want good framerates without screen tear im going to have to fork out a fortune for a G-Sync monitor? :(

Edit: So is the second monitor i listed a good choice? Or would you recommend something else if i needed G-Sync?

yes you do want a Gsync monitor if you use an nvidia graphics card and want no screen tearing and don't want to use Vsync...simple as that :)

As for which monitor...i do think the Acer is the better one you have in UK right now that fits your need.