doing so much research on gaming monitors that I now have mush for brains

evenst3ph3n

I have an i7 7700k and a Galax “Hall of Fame” GTX 1080 GPU. My current monitor is an ASUS 27” 1080p 144Hz. 

I play games such as Elder Scrolls, Assassins Creed and Witcher etc.

All the research suggests that 1440p is the way to go, 144Hz, 27”, (I live in a 1 bedroom apartment so my PC desk is tiny so depth wise of the monitor stand has to be considered), G Sync and I would like it to be curved.

All monitors I have seen have at least one element missing either no G Sync or they are not IPS or they are not 1440p or they are a flat screen. I really like the look of Asus’ https://www.asus.com/au/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG27VQ/ 

but it’s a TN panel. Am I being too picky, as I sit right in front of the monitor? Is what I am looking for not available?

Should I look at 4K? Is going from 144 FPS on a 1080p to 60 FPS on a 4k going to be an improvement or not? Is there still issues with Windows scaling with a 4K monitor?

Any suggestions please.

As far as I know from my last research marathon there is no 1440p curved IPS G-Sync monitor out there.

4 minutes ago, evenst3ph3n said:

Am I being too picky, as I sit right in front of the monitor?

Is what I am looking for not available?

Should I look at 4K?

Is going from 144 FPS on a 1080p to 60 FPS on a 4k going to be an improvement or not?

Is there still issues with Windows scaling with a 4K monitor?

yes

yes

if you want to

depends on what you consider an improvement, at least your GPU would have to do sth. for a change

yes

4 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

yes

yes

if you want to

depends on what you consider an improvement, at least your GPU would have to do sth. for a change

yes

Thought so

Bugger

Probably not 

LOL

Thank you