Fraps for recording PS3

JAW96
Go to solution Solved by LapX,

No, you need a capture card to make the footage get IN your pc.

I was all like wow this is a friendly community that I can talk tech and learn from... guess I was fucking wrong.

I guess that you need to calm down. We're not Satan's pets over here. 

We just mis-understood the question. Calm yourself.

I was all like wow this is a friendly community that I can talk tech and learn from... guess I was fucking wrong.

Some of us do not take our selves too seriously, i am sure your brain can deduct the proper info from this thread?

Even those with sarcasm.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

did any of you assholes even read my question??? or did you just see PS3 and think OH HE WANTS TO INSTALL FRAPS ON PS3 LOL... asshates 

Did you even consider that they may have actually read the question?

Sure, call us assholes all you like, but it doesn't work, regardless of how you interpret the question. Both the ideas of using a PC as a passthrough and installing Fraps on the PS3 just don't work, hence the posts you seem to appreciate so much.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Some of us do not take our selves too seriously, i am sure your brain can deduct the proper info from this thread?

Even those with sarcasm.

Sure, call us assholes all you like, but it doesn't work, regardless of how you interpret the question. Both the ideas of using a PC as a passthrough and installing Fraps on the PS3 just don't work, hence the posts you seem to appreciate so much.

oh guess, I'm in the wrong for opening up my thread and expecting some useful advice, but silly me for not expecting A FULL PAGE of that shit.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

oh guess, I'm in the wrong for opening up my thread and expecting some useful advice, but silly me for not expecting A FULL PAGE of that shit.

You seem to have a problem, one bigger than the problem you made a thread about, i hope you gained some good info from the people here at LTT.

Good day.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Absolutely none of you have been in one little way helpful towards what the OP was asking. This community was built to help others, not ridicule them. If you can't get yourselves around this, don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

But..I..

9678%20-%20animated_gif%20doctor_who%20r

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig 

did any of you assholes even read my question??? or did you just see PS3 and think OH HE WANTS TO INSTALL FRAPS ON PS3 LOL... asshates 

I read that as assgate, I think it would of been an "opening" to a whole new level of hate.

iY65llCKqbj37.gif

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig 

I never said that. I just said that it's not quite unreasonable to expect these types of sarcastic comments. Besides, there isn't much "useful advice" for a question like this. The pure fact of the matter is that it's not possible in any way you had hoped, at least to our knowledge. There is no need to go into detail about anything because this is just the sort of question that can be answered with some prior research.

Regardless, I realize that I was being a bit of a prick. So I apologize.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

I'm asking if it is possible for me to run the video through my PC to the TV to record it. 

See that was what I was asking you just had to read to the end that was all you had to do, but apparently most of you couldn't do that and people could have said no a passthrough won't work. Instead I got a whole page of mocking the idea of installing fraps on the PS3 which wasn't my original intention at all.

Guy, chill out:) You wanted advise? Or just to ask if that's possible? You can buy devices that record that thing you like to play games on. As people have quoted. 

Guy, chill out:) You wanted advise? Or just to ask if that's possible? You can buy devices that record that thing you like to play games on. As people have quoted. 

I know that you can buy devices to record gameplay I was just hoping that I could use my pc as a pass through, just you know how blood boiling it is to open your thread just to see a whole page basically calling you an idiot.

I know that you can buy devices to record gameplay I was just hoping that I could use my pc as a pass through, just you know how blood boiling it is to open your thread just to see a whole page basically calling you an idiot.

BL00D B01LL1NNN SO MANY BOLDZ!!!!!111

I know that you can buy devices to record gameplay I was just hoping that I could use my pc as a pass through, just you know how blood boiling it is to open your thread just to see a whole page basically calling you an idiot.

Look, its just friendly banter. Just put an unhappy face like this :( okay guise, i didnt mean it like that! haha! Instead of throwing actual abuse back. Sarcasm? narsasism and toxic personalities, a whole different ballgame.

I'm asking if it is possible for me to run the video through my PC to the TV to record it. 

See that was what I was asking you just had to read to the end that was all you had to do, but apparently most of you couldn't do that and people could have said no a passthrough won't work. Instead I got a whole page of mocking the idea of installing fraps on the PS3 which wasn't my original intention at all.

Both the ideas of using a PC as a passthrough and installing Fraps on the PS3 just don't work.

Let me be clear. I read the entire original post. I'm sure at least some of the others did as well. What it seems like had happened was you thought that some of the posts were in response to "Can I install Fraps on the PS3", when in reality, some were responding to the idea of "Can I use a PC as a passthrough". Either way, both times, it's not possible. (At least as far as I know). Sure, some probably misinterpreted the question, but the main point to remember is that the replies apply to both interpretations.

Well sorry that that's how most of us think. We see something labeled:

Fraps for recording PS3

and I don't think we can help it but to laugh and make fun of that person. Maybe I'm just a cold hearted Satan child though...  :ph34r:

Let me be clear. I read the entire original post. I'm sure at least some of the others did as well. What it seems like had happened was you thought that some of the posts were in response to "Can I install Fraps on the PS3", when in reality, some were responding to the idea of "Can I use a PC as a passthrough". Either way, both times, it's not possible. (At least as far as I know). Sure, some probably misinterpreted the question, but the main point to remember is that the replies apply to both interpretations.

yes, I get that it is not possible but my rage came from the people who didn't seem to read to the end and assumed that I was asking if I can install fraps on the PS3 (I knew before hand PC stuff not compatible with PC, basic common sense) and then sat there and mock me for a question I didn't ask.

yes, I get that it is not possible but my rage came from the people who didn't seem to read to the end and assumed that I was asking if I can install fraps on the PS3 (I knew before hand PC stuff not compatible with PC, basic common sense) and then sat there and mock me for a question I didn't ask.

That is merely how we all read it. 

nzWLEsE.jpg

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

nzWLEsE.jpg

ASHJDADAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHFf

nzWLEsE.jpg

*PS3 and if this started because shit like that why keep on doing it? 

Isn't there a console gaming section for this?

Project Drogon

• Intel 4670k, MSI GTX 780, MSI Z87-G43 Gaming, G.SKiLL Ripjaws 8GB, Kingston V300 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold Modular, Corsair Air Series 540 Cube, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

Isn't there a console gaming section for this?

no

I'm a PC gamer this is, believe it or not, for my buddies.

I'm a PC gamer this is, believe it or not, for my buddies.

But there is a Console Gaming section.

Project Drogon

• Intel 4670k, MSI GTX 780, MSI Z87-G43 Gaming, G.SKiLL Ripjaws 8GB, Kingston V300 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold Modular, Corsair Air Series 540 Cube, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler