What fan set up should i use for an NZXT S340 Elite?

AlphaPRS

Hey there! Just got an NZXT S340 Elite case for my birthday and i can't figure out what the optimized fan directions would be for it! I'll be using an NZXT x62 with 140 mm fans and of course the two additional 120 mm case fans.

Would having the intake only pass through the hot radiator really heat up my Asus 1080ti ROG Strix OC? And any other components in there besides? I'll be changing the stock fans out for the Corsair LL120s and LL140s, gotta live that RGB life.

I'd just like to know which fans should be intake and which should be exhaust to give my case optimum cooling!

Thanks so much!!! You guys are the best!

19 minutes ago, AlphaPRS said:

Hey there! Just got an NZXT S340 Elite case for my birthday and i can't figure out what the optimized fan directions would be for it! I'll be using an NZXT x62 with 140 mm fans and of course the two additional 120 mm case fans.

Would having the intake only pass through the hot radiator really heat up my Asus 1080ti ROG Strix OC? And any other components in there besides? I'll be changing the stock fans out for the Corsair LL120s and LL140s, gotta live that RGB life.

I'd just like to know which fans should be intake and which should be exhaust to give my case optimum cooling!

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Have your radiator as an intake as its the only good choice for it regardless of the radiator, and have the two rear 120mm as exhaust. The air passing through your radiator will be warmer, however not enough where I think it would cause issues with heating your GPU, its still a lot of airflow. The radiator isn't even able to make the air super warm in the time its passing through.

I think this would be the most optimal setup.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

18 minutes ago, AlphaPRS said:

The optimal cooling would be to have the front two fans ans intake and top and rear as exhaust. And you'll want to have the front panel removed whenever you do anything like gaming or CPU intensive tasks. The case does NOT handle hot components like a 1080ti well and especially when it has a RAD in the front fighting airflow.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

19 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Have your radiator as an intake as its the only good choice for it regardless of the radiator, and have the two rear 120mm as exhaust. The air passing through your radiator will be warmer, however not enough where I think it would cause issues with heating your GPU, its still a lot of airflow. The radiator isn't even able to make the air super warm in the time its passing through.

I think this would be the most optimal setup.

19 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The optimal cooling would be to have the front two fans ans intake and top and rear as exhaust. And you'll want to have the front panel removed whenever you do anything like gaming or CPU intensive tasks. The case does NOT handle hot components like a 1080ti well and especially when it has a RAD in the front fighting airflow.

Alright! Thank you both so much! And trust me, moving to this case will still be a million times better than my last cast, even if my poor GPU is a little warmer! :3

21 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Watching it now! Thank you so much!

Front rad intake and top/rear exhaust with the stock fans is good. 

The air coming in will be slightly warmer but it's still the optimal configuration for this case.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.