Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ManosMax13

I need some information and help pls!!!

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hallo my name is Manos and i am new to this forum!

 

I need some information.I have a gtx asus rog strix 1060 6g an i7 860 2.80ghz and 8g of ddr3 ram.

I want to get a 1440p monitor but i am not sure whether it is able to play all games at a decent (40 and up fps) at high or ultra settings.

So should i buy the good monitor or stick with my 1080p display.

Also if i scale a game at 1080p in a 1440p monitor for a preformance boost will it look good ?

I need your opinions as soon as possible.

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With a 1060 I would stick with 1080p to keep the higher frame rates. In that case there would be no point in getting a 1440p monitor if you're going to play in 1080p. I think getting a high refresh rate 1080p monitor would be a better experience, or save the money for a future cpu upgrade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Hallo my name is Manos and i am new to this forum!

 

I need some information.I have a gtx asus rog strix 1060 6g an i7 860 2.80ghz and 8g of ddr3 ram.

I want to get a 1440p monitor but i am not sure whether it is able to play all games at a decent (40 and up fps) at high or ultra settings.

So should i buy the good monitor or stick with my 1080p display.

Also if i scale a game at 1080p in a 1440p monitor for a preformance boost will it look good ?

I need your opinions as soon as possible.

 

Thanks.

Welcome To The Forum ! :)

So firstly , I7 860 is a pretty old CPU and i think it is currently bottlenecking your 1060 (or near to bottleneck)

I would really consider buying a new mobo and CPU.

GTX 1060 is a good card for 1440p/40ish FPS (sometimes even higher).

IMO i would stick with 1080p because 1440p isn't really too much of a difference. (AGAIN IMO)

1080p on 1440p it would look like a 720p on 1080p, so terible.

But still, i tried 1440p monitor only for 2-3 hours so i'm not here to judge :)


Intel Xeon E3-1270 V3 3,5GHZ | MSI H97 Gaming 3 | 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC2+ ICX  | Cooler Master Masterbox 5 Lite RGB | 2x Samsung MZVLB256HAHQ-000l7 256GB NVME SSD, 1x 500GB SATA SSD, 1x 256GB SATA SSD, 4TB HDD 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 64GB | Android 8.0.0 (Samsung Experience 9.0) | Samsung Galaxy Watch Silver 46mm | Xbox ONE 500GB + 2TB External | PS4 Fat 1,5TB HDD

QNAP TS-412 NAS | 2x2TB WD RED + 1TB Barracuda + 500GB 7,2k SATA HDD |

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Roman848 said:

Welcome To The Forum ! :)

So firstly , I7 860 is a pretty old CPU and i think it is currently bottlenecking your 1060 (or near to bottleneck)

I would really consider buying a new mobo and CPU.

GTX 1060 is a good card for 1440p/40ish FPS (sometimes even higher).

IMO i would stick with 1080p because 1440p isn't really too much of a difference. (AGAIN IMO)

1080p on 1440p it would look like a 720p on 1080p, so terible.

But still, i tried 1440p monitor only for 2-3 hours so i'm not here to judge :)

1440p is a huge upgrade over 1080p. And totally worth it.

 

Seeing as you have an older CPU, going with 1440p will actually help with the bottleneck you currently have. Higer res = less strain on CPU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Matu20 said:

1440p is a huge upgrade over 1080p. And totally worth it.

 

Seeing as you have an older CPU, going with 1440p will actually help with the bottleneck you currently have. Higer res = less strain on CPU.

Don't know about this, cpu bottleneck should be same or slighthly higher. But he still has very weak CPU for this GPU anyway.


Intel Xeon E3-1270 V3 3,5GHZ | MSI H97 Gaming 3 | 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC2+ ICX  | Cooler Master Masterbox 5 Lite RGB | 2x Samsung MZVLB256HAHQ-000l7 256GB NVME SSD, 1x 500GB SATA SSD, 1x 256GB SATA SSD, 4TB HDD 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 64GB | Android 8.0.0 (Samsung Experience 9.0) | Samsung Galaxy Watch Silver 46mm | Xbox ONE 500GB + 2TB External | PS4 Fat 1,5TB HDD

QNAP TS-412 NAS | 2x2TB WD RED + 1TB Barracuda + 500GB 7,2k SATA HDD |

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2018 at 2:53 PM, Roman848 said:

Don't know about this, cpu bottleneck should be same or slighthly higher. But he still has very weak CPU for this GPU anyway.

Exactly, you don't know about this. Go check a few benchmarks and report back. Don't spread shit you're not ready to back up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Exactly, you don't know about this. Go check a few benchmarks and report back. Don't spread shit you're not ready to back up.

Yeah, definitely will listen to your BS right now. And everytime i wrote something what i didn't have backed up i said IMO which means in my opinion if I'm not mistaken.


Intel Xeon E3-1270 V3 3,5GHZ | MSI H97 Gaming 3 | 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC2+ ICX  | Cooler Master Masterbox 5 Lite RGB | 2x Samsung MZVLB256HAHQ-000l7 256GB NVME SSD, 1x 500GB SATA SSD, 1x 256GB SATA SSD, 4TB HDD 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 64GB | Android 8.0.0 (Samsung Experience 9.0) | Samsung Galaxy Watch Silver 46mm | Xbox ONE 500GB + 2TB External | PS4 Fat 1,5TB HDD

QNAP TS-412 NAS | 2x2TB WD RED + 1TB Barracuda + 500GB 7,2k SATA HDD |

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Roman848 said:

Yeah, definitely will listen to your BS right now. And everytime i wrote something what i didn't have backed up i said IMO which means in my opinion if I'm not mistaken.

People not willing to admit and learn are who i despise the most. Why not check a benchmark to get yourself up to bar?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matu20 said:

People not willing to admit and learn are who i despise the most. Why not check a benchmark to get yourself up to bar?

 

 

I have no time for this. Whole life is about learning new stuff. End of Story.


Intel Xeon E3-1270 V3 3,5GHZ | MSI H97 Gaming 3 | 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC2+ ICX  | Cooler Master Masterbox 5 Lite RGB | 2x Samsung MZVLB256HAHQ-000l7 256GB NVME SSD, 1x 500GB SATA SSD, 1x 256GB SATA SSD, 4TB HDD 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 64GB | Android 8.0.0 (Samsung Experience 9.0) | Samsung Galaxy Watch Silver 46mm | Xbox ONE 500GB + 2TB External | PS4 Fat 1,5TB HDD

QNAP TS-412 NAS | 2x2TB WD RED + 1TB Barracuda + 500GB 7,2k SATA HDD |

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roman848 said:

I have no time for this. Whole life is about learning new stuff. End of Story.

And yet you typed that comment, good you for you, Roman, that attitude will get you far.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×