Quote status updates

Eduard the weeb

If there is already a thread about this can someone point me in that direction because I couldn't find one searching for one :D, but I think this would be used alot because status update can get messy and think this can help alot.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

4 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

status update can get messy

No idea what you're talking about.

Why not just tag the person you're replying to?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

No idea what you're talking about.

I do.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Just now, Enderman said:

Takes a while in some cases.

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

@ people can be annoying and if you delete to many character the @ will eventually not work anymore like if I meant to @Ashiella but mistyped it Asgiella and started deleting the characters it wouldn't work anymore and also they may be on another thing like if my science teacher made me put away me chromebook the conversation may have moved like that one time @PCGuy_5960 had a 100 reply Status update in an extreme example, then the person I'm @ may not know/ remember what I am responding to.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Quotes are possible but they don't show who they are from.

2 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

@ people can be annoying and if you delete to many character the @ will eventually not work anymore like if I meant to @Ashiella but mistyped it Asgiella and started deleting the characters it wouldn't work anymore and also they may be on another thing like if my science teacher made me put away me chromebook then the person I'm @ may not know/ remeber what I am responding to.

A quote box can be manually added, but not as convenient as the topic quoting system.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Guest

Either that or an option to reply to an individual instead of quoting them (like instagram or twitter)

7 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

like if I meant to @Ashiella 

I'm like 98% sure you just want a quote @Ashiella button, but think it would be weird to ask for on its own.

Edit: Forgot this isn't a status. Leaving before I get banned.

8 minutes ago, YedZed said:

well yeah I know referring to like this type of quote

not this type

2 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

I'm like 98% sure you just want a quote @Ashiella button, but think it would be weird to ask for on its own.

fuck who told you

2 hours ago, Legendarypoet said:

Edit: Forgot this isn't a status. Leaving before I get banned.

Why would anyone want to quote me ...

376092300188712990.png?v=1

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

6 hours ago, Ashiella said:

Why would anyone want to quote me ...

376092300188712990.png?v=1

I can't answer that in this thread.

Cannot believe how fast this ran outta steam lol

1 hour ago, YedZed said:

@Ashiella

Tagging you took about 3 seconds too long.

WE DEFINITELY NEED A BUTTON.

Get on this DEVS.

Ashiella Ashiella Ashiella Ashiella Shiella Ashiella Ashiella Eashialla Ashiella Ashiella Ashiella Ashiella Ashielaa WHAT THE FUCK I MESSED UP 3 TOO MANY TIMES .... DEVS!!! @PCGuy_5960 @Energycore

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

I think a cheaper solution would just be training on how to tag people successfully.  It's rather broken so people tend to have a lot of problems but if you are deliberate and careful it can work every time

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

35 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think a cheaper solution would just be training on how to tag people successfully.  It's rather broken so people tend to have a lot of problems but if you are deliberate and careful it can work every time

I actually think the root issue is the lack of ability to selectively remove yourself from notifications. You have people who never know they're being singled out because they get EVERY notification. Then you have people who assume everyone get notifications, so they don't tag. Then people like me who have most notifications off since you can't be selective never see it. I think that makes sense. If it doesn't just blame @Ashiella

how has this thread went from asking for something kinda useful to, LOL we should @

@Ashiella as many times as possible

3 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

how has this thread went from asking for something kinda useful to, LOL we should @

@Ashiella as many times as possible

We're trying to brainwash encourage her into being your friend again. Stop ruining things.

My last reply was insightful though.

its something about the status updates being a diffrent system and it would be a pain to redo stuff so its not happaning iirc

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

17 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Really? Cause me trying to tag you right now, in this post, doesn't want to work (first time, this is where I'll have to refresh the whole page for it to start working). 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)